Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

"
In addition, we feel that our item system needs more base type heterogeneity.
Oh god, Adam Ragusea in PoE.
Glad they're getting rid of dodge. It was a redundant and pointless mechanic that was just a band aid for how bad evasion was. These changes all look great and were thoroughly thought out. I don't even understand why so many people are bitching about these changes. These should help smooth out the damage curve and get away from the take zero damage then get one shot gameplay.
They went from 2 weeks till I rediscover they don't know how to balance the game, to oh certain game has multiplayer on the arrival, and that other ARPG that will launch soon is already purchased.

Well, see u on poe2
Again I really dont understand how you can SO BLINDLY look around BLOCK.. BLOCK and SPELL BLOCK is suuuper overpowered now.. I mean literally EVERY BUILD will go Block chance now and skip everything else.

Spell and Attack block wasnt that hard to get over 50% with EVERY build.. now you just skip evasion, dodge and go full block.

AND insane buffs to max res with armour... block in melee part of the tree is going to be stupid.
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Oct 6, 2021, 6:17:38 PM
"
dovaY wrote:
JUST delete the gladiator already , first nerfing bleed to the ground , now deleting what it was good for which is blocking by cutting the blocking to 50% and introduce "LuCky" blocking , like really tell me now why anyone wants to play glad after this good bye my fav class. rest in peace poe.

Jeeesh youre dramatic...wait for the patchnotes..Versatile combatent will be replaced, by something else..what exactly isnt set in stone just yet.
You can still cap block in attack / spell, it will take more of an investment though. IT will still be easier for the gladiator than for any other class.

The bleed part of the glad isnt nerfed into the ground ?

If youre having trouble building something with a decent bleed dmg, then you should follow a build guide. Or ask the community for help...
Champion! 😉
Everything I read in the manifesto is that I will require to invest more into defenses because 5 point solution in form of Dodge is gone.

As I am fairly unimaginative I will play only ES from now on as the other solutions do not seem to be that attractive.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Juggyyy wrote:
Solution:
Base Types are now generated with a random 0-10% higher base defence, as an inbuilt currently-non-modifiable property. This means that all base types can be better than they currently are, and armour base types are not homogeneous any more. Energy Shield values on base types instead vary from 0-20%.

But why... regress back to bad diablo 2 mechanics that were never fun, at least make it modifiable damn it.

Seems like a way to try to make people look at loot on the ground. "Maybe this one will have 10% higher def!" Modifiable would make it just another crafting option.

Whether this is a good or bad thing is debatable. I personally see it as just free extra defense. It can't roll lower, only higher.
Oh My.
"
sSs1897 wrote:
"
dovaY wrote:
JUST delete the gladiator already , first nerfing bleed to the ground , now deleting what it was good for which is blocking by cutting the blocking to 50% and introduce "LuCky" blocking , like really tell me now why anyone wants to play glad after this good bye my fav class. rest in peace poe.

if it is lucky block then it makes 50% block 75%, so not really nerfed a lot? I do not understand what you are whining LUL

simply because numerically is the same but in game behavior is different *looking at the old lucky crit flask* , however if they gonna give the glad power house to everybody they need to buff the glad class. this league i tried , lacerate and sst for bleed (i main lacerate ) and with 35ex invest i was only able to achieve 2 mill bleed dps with corrupting fever and blood rage + 8 crimson dance stacks up , what a pain.

simply now get the 50% block now go for another class that can do damage , scale some other defenses and stop worrying about scaling block or damage , which makes glad a shtyy low class not worth any investment

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info