Last Epoch is POE Killer now

Anybody else surprised people who play Path of Exile daily for 8 years are somewhat desperate for new game, fresh experience, even if temporary?

Memberberries like me can launch Grim Dawn, Titan Quest or D2 for temporary fix and then come back to PoE because there's new content to beat.

Last Epoch may sound fun, but if it will last, only time will tell.
From couple vods I am not stoked about LE. Seems kinda dull. But well, Early access games often do that.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Nah, i will say i've not played it and it dose look ok BUT, looking at the steam community hub for it there are some things that stand out to me.

Spoiler
First off before any of that £30 (ish) barrier to entry.

On the first 3 pages you have.

Minion bug, where if you port out of an area porting back in leaves your minions at the start of the area and needing to run to you)

Spec locked, interesting...no respecs i guess.

Question about warpath, dude seems to have got hit with a nerfbat because his AoE was hitting a full screen.

Legion boss fight, qq because something is too hard

Totems not spawning properly in certain spaces , totems not spawning in tight areas like doorways.

I'm very disappointed in current update, 2 builds nerfed to irrelevance, weapons deleted.

Decoy skill, not acting as a decoy (poor monster AI?/bug)

Ice Barrage Increases memory usage, certain mechanics causing excessive memory usage.

Game deleted my char after crashing, sucks to be them

The Scalebane quest act 9 - Unable to hand in to Zerrick resulting in bricked campaign, yeah...not good

Game is not working...uhh huh

Constant crashing everytime I log into character, new character crashes every time.

Game is making my fans go NUTS, optimization on a higher end PC

FPS AND MEMORY LEAK PROBLEM, no real details in the post though.

Dagon the ♥♥♥♥ tier boss,
"
nice copy pasted boss from POE. absolute trash fight. If this is what to expect from later bosses then I won't be playing any longer. I hate POE and I hate these long ass fights.

LOL

Please be tolerant in chat!, chat is a shit show.

So basically the same problems from balance to optimization to the players. and you get the privilege of paying them before you can even try it, they will also be doing stuff simmilar to leagues and as such will run into more balance problems.

Though it IS in beta and will improve some it's not going to be better.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
The character status messages need to be toned down in frequency.

Especially the Mage is annoying if you let the status-sounds option unchecked.

"Fools! Fools!"
"I can not do that yet!"

-> Also when just walking and terrain is blocked
"I can not do that yet?"
"I can not do that yet!"

"Fools! Fools!" -> Yep the purple moving liquid and Ravens are fools

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Sep 7, 2021, 7:59:31 AM
LE is VERY great, and will get better.
I do not want a POE killer, hell I kinda wish they would fix D3, but it's beyond broke.
When I came to POE it was hard, I've taken a break, and it's still hard.
That is healthy in gaming, there is always a challenge when you want/need it.
I am very much enjoying my Void Knight cycloner in LE, and then I will leave to play D2r and then I'll be back for 3.16.
I ain't going anywhere and I ain't trying to kid myself, POE is awesome.
I took reaper to 93, killed Sirus A5 deathless, I guess that's pretty OK.
And I had fun, even when everyone said I wouldn't.
It's exciting to see some actual other options out there.
I even loaded up Grim Dawn and played the D2 MOD this weekend, it's pretty cool too.
Don't think I'll ever play Wolcen again though, they just hurt a lot of people on launch week, I don't think I can forgive them for that.
The big fight will be D4 and POE2, and then we will see companies working for us again, and that is exciting!
With all of this said I will add: Yes I play POE, but you are going to have to work to get me to support it again, I've spent enough for now.

Gandhar0, I really hope those are placeholders, and they greatly increase the voicelines. Yes I play Arc Wizard too and that is quite annoying! Funny thing is the Sentinel says the same line, "I can not do that yet" and I hear the old wizard saying it in my head!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
"
Filousov wrote:

If he is not doing on HC, this is nearly pointless. On HC I'm sure his struggle would be eternal. On SC, you die, you die again, then you die and then you die again. Then you progress and die again. :-) It's the matter of stubborness which holds you there.

HC was not, is not and will not ever be the main league. Its self imposed challange the same way SSF is. GGG said many times that all of balancing is made around SC Trade league (not standard) and they hold it as standard.

Also do you even listen to yourself sometimes? You expect total new player, who doesnt know what he is doing to go HC? You just won reward for the most stupid argument made on forums this year.
Aside from Zizaren running new LE content on youtube and showcasing how that game has gotten better overall, I think it is a healthy thing for this game to have some competition. The more players navigate to these newer aRPG games that are improving, the more notice will be given to ggg that something in their philosophy needs to change, like making this game fun again, (as one example) i.e. making farming Syndicate boss worth it once again by reverting Aisling nerf so that can be a viable crafting method that doesn't require multiple exalt orbs to get a 1/3 chance at getting a mod on your gear that isn't useless for your build.

I have 3 characters this league and have yet to find the motivation to even progress/attempt 1 Catarina fight this league. Normally, prior to this Aisling nerf I would have had at least 2 or 3 kills on Catarina by now, but right now, I am de-motivated to even try for that. Too much rng for crafting as it is, but potentially removing a good mod to get a less than desireable one isn't my cup of tea. That is just one of the aspects of these "necessary" changes that has turned me off about this league/game now. I still play it ye, but at the same time, I am really hoping for a better 3.16 and perhaps some kind of QoL when it comes to making gear for build upgrades. Going for 24 and will see how my new Hierophant FR totem build works out, but if it doesn't perform well against the 4 major Maven encounters, I will be done with this league also. I am just an old fart so it takes me a bit longer to progress than these young whipper-snappers who get done with endgame within the 1st few weeks regardless of nerfs.

Edit: In fact, I may be purchasing LE on steam for $34.95 at some point at the rate their game keeps improving.
Last edited by AShugars on Sep 7, 2021, 10:58:26 AM
tbh LE is decent but comparing to PoE it's trash tier like anything else but have fun playing it.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
no random map generator is a big damper. same as wolcen, and grim dawn. so far only poe and diablo has this...
One of the biggest construction sites is the LE "crafting".

Basically it is an item editor which is counteracted with an annoying gambling sim part which allows for funny moments like bricking/vaaling your item with 90% success chance. Looks still like it's in an experimenting phase.

And the process of crafting itself is very simple/boring +1 to tiers or the random +2 every leap year.

Another parts are:

- Very inaccurate DPS tooltips
- Lack of transparency in skill stats of skills that are granted in skill passive trees
- Ailment dmg system is very basic and shoehorned into attack/cast speed + ailment chance. Not based on weapon or hit damage
- Unnecessary bloated campaign
- Endgame endless scaling like D3 greater rifts with corruption with the echos and the Arena
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Game is making my fans go NUTS, optimization on a higher end PC

FPS AND MEMORY LEAK PROBLEM, no real details in the post though.

But, but, but... this can't be true. LE is using a proper engine, unlike PoE with its shitty homegrown and most importantly old abomination...
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info