Feedback on Colourblind Support for Gem Sockets

Not color blind my self but as people have pointed out the blue going in a direction that links go isn't ideal. The original version you had way back when made more sense where the sockets had different shapes based on color.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Heyho, Deuteranopia colorblind here. (Missing my green cones)

While the current proposed change may work, the similarities between the socket shapes make it difficult to tell at a glance. I would recommend a tapered arrow instead of a small extruded notch.

That being said, a complete color change option would be best. The colors I respond to the best with my color vision would be

Blue

Light Green

Yellow

Or

Blue

Teal

Orange

Hope that helps!
Last edited by Zmhamster on Aug 31, 2021, 6:50:10 PM
Im blue/green colourblind and it doesn't really solve not being able to tell at a glance, even after fixing the upwards blue notch, really do feel like toggleable colour choices would go a much longer way. Good for it to exist still!

I've always felt more at home with customizable colourblind modes, they can support a lot more variations.

This is a garbage edit but double or triple the notch overall width, change blue like this so it is more recognizable
Why not use diferent shapes?
Blue = Circle
Green = Triangle
Red = Square
Why dont u make an option in settings, that will change collor of sockets.
World of Warcraft has a nice collor blind setting
"
Nabeshin4 wrote:

The only thing really annoying in game at the moment for me is looking at anoints on the passive tree, oils have no name and many of them look very similar. But that's such a niche case I don't really care about it.

This! I care about it tho, blows having to go to the wiki everytime I want to annoint something. :P

Honestly though, I think an RGB slider in the graphics options would help most of the colorblind people affected. Maybe one day.

Nice seeing so many other colorblind people chiming in here though, always felt alone in this community in that regard. :D
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Aug 31, 2021, 6:56:02 PM
I am color blind and this does not feel like enough, the notches pointing in different directions need to be more pronounced at the very least.
Also why is it such a big deal for you to ad an option to just change the colors?
We are already uncapable of seeing it the way was meant to be seen with your art direction so let us have the QOL of being able to tell sockets apart please.
Here is my suggestion

Notches on the corners of the shapes, red blue and green have different shapes, the notches on the corners help identify the shape
"
Jamesborg99 wrote:
I'm not a coloblind person, but is there not a problem with Blue pointing up and links also pointing up?

i think that due to the red and green being at diagonals, the LACK of a red/green notch on a socket linked to another above it would mean it is blue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info