Feedback on Colourblind Support for Gem Sockets

You guys can avoid this problem by removing the links from equipment like you want to make in PoE2.

All gems have 2-6 sockets and you can use any gem that supports it.

End of discussion
They need to be more visually distinct than they are here - The little line is barely visible, and actually completely invisible on Blue Sockets with a link going up.
For me, red sockets are squared, blue is diamond and green it's triangle and
I guess white can stai circles
Will this be an option we can disable in the options menu? The pointy sockets are a bit unsettling to my eyes. Maybe jabbing into the socket like someone mentioned might help alleviate this. Or a more rounded radial indication?

Still, this is definitely a step in the right direction for those who need the aid.
WTB Gemcutter's Rotation Lens
I can barely see the notches, they're too damn small. Why not just make them into shapes? like triangle, circle, square or something.
Last edited by AsceticPOE on Aug 31, 2021, 6:21:41 PM
i would add line in the description of the item near the top or in the item requirement line as
"Links : G G B R" -> not linked
"Links : G G-W-R" -> green white and red linked, 1 green not linked
"Links : R-R-R-G-W-B" -> all linked
its more friendly
"
piotrek360 wrote:
You sure notches are the way to go? Can't you slightly change the gem slot shapes so they are for example square, diamond, triangle instead? Wouldn't be that clearer?

Pretty sure GGG did this years ago, then removed it without comment. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Yeah, the blue = up seems like very obvious flaw.

Could be fixed by *slightly* skewing the lines (turn the whole set by 3 degrees clockwise or something).

Also... consider maybe having the White Socket have *all* the lines, instead of none?

It's faster to identify it by finding multiple lines than by confirming that there are none.

Also... if you wanted to abandon the lines thing entirely, how about giving all the socket colors different patterns?

Like, it can still be blue, but what if it's dark blue with light blue triangles inside, and the red one gets light and dark red squares, etc?

I'm not a colorblindness expert, so maybe differing shades is an issue.
Is a good-ish change, but is not enough. Those notches are too thin and the case with a white/blue linking upwards is ambiguous. You may want to keep your actual form factor, but I think a more intrusive system like shapes or even the old sockets is better than this.
Last edited by Vanchelot on Aug 31, 2021, 6:26:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info