[3.15]💥Gryph's Suicide Squad!💥 Herald of Purity+Minion Instability HoP'n'POP for💥Nuclear Explosions💥

Now Streaming! Come chat with me, I stream every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 3pm-5pm and 10pm-1am USEastern Time.

https://www.twitch.tv/gryphenprey

*Note: due to life circumstances (I'm moving :D) I will not be streaming at my normal times until we're all settled into the new place.

With the current state of 3.16 this build is effectively dead as far as I'm concerned. 40% less minion life=40% less damage AND NO MORE EE is even more damage lost. It will still FUNTION but I doubt it'd be worth the investment at this time. For example, my character does 9 Million Damage per Sentinel of Purity explosion in 3.15...in 3.16 that goes down to 3.4m with the less life and loss of EE.

Hey everyone! I wanted to introduce a very fun and powerful build I've been playing around with for a few days. I believe that this has potential to be a very solid league starter and fits the bill as a "Do all content" character. Definitely one that can be scaled for an entire league thanks to some incredible potential on gear slots.

Let's HOP to it!

Path of Building

My POBs should never be treated as guides. Only for reference material:
https://pastebin.com/2pH5JryA

Pros/Cons

PROS:
-Superb Bossing potential
-Can do all content
-Mapping is smooth and engaging. Fun to play.
-Instant life recovery when minions die.
-Animated Guardian is actually nigh impossible to kill and come relatively cheap. Perma Fortify.
-Playing a summoner, identifying as a spellcaster. ^^

CONS:
-Could use more defenses/life. This is probably fixable, I just haven't gotten there yet. Feels pretty tanky for not being block or dodge though. :)
-Multiple minions summoned can be pretty laggy at times

The Concept

So Sentinels of Purity have a MASSIVE amount of base life and gain MORE life per gem level:

These guys can reach upwards of 400k life. Combined with Infernal Legion Support and Minion Instability...

And you have a recipe for some hefty explosions.
Spawning Sentinels of Purity
Using one or two of these to spawn worms to kill to help get things rolling in maps and before boss fights. These are not the only way to spawn the sentinels, but it helps.

I find that using a 4L Summon Skeletons setup with Ignite Proliferation+Combustion+Minion Life Support is an easy way to map+spawn sentinels. The Skeletons themselves do enough damage to easily clear trash mobs and the burning ground+ingite prolifs will spawn Sentinels of Purity to begin that chain.

We also use Ball Lightning+Unleash for bosses and to apply EE+Curses. Sentinels have a 20% chance to spawn on hit vs Rare or Unique enemies. Also helps spawn sentinels while mapping when you hit rares with BL.

Ignite Proliferation Support is used for mapping to self propagate the Sentinel spawns. As it turns out, when your minions ignite and proliferate the ignites and enemies die to the proliferations, you are the one that gets credit for killing the enemy--thus spawning another Sentinel etc...
Combustion Support, Flammability Curse, and Raze and Pillage notable all help boost ignite chance to make very consistent ignites.

Items that help make this work

Combined with Necromantic Aegis:

This gives our minions -50% All Ele Res to help them die faster to the infernal Legion Support gem. FURTHERMORE, whenever a minion dies we recover 1% of its life. So when your Sentinels have 200k life (mine have 380k for perspective) when one dies you'd recover 2k life instantly. pretty freaking great recovery. :D

Speaking of making our minions die faster...when placed near the scion start we get a total of 60% increased damage taken to our minions.

Defenses

A reasonable health pool of about 4k life and up to 2k ES. Not Great, but not bad.

I use The Sorrow of the Divine to allow the Writhing Jar and Forbidden Taste Flask to heal my Energy Shield. Boosting ES with Corrupted Soul for 15% of max life as extra max energy shield +10% on chest.

The Enchant on the Forbidden Taste Flask is a nice automated way to help prevent random one-shots. Just make sure you have positive chaos resistance or you might die from it. The recovery we gain from Maligaro's Lens will overcome any remaining degen easily.

Using an Animate Guardian with Kingmaker for permanent Fortify. Due to the fact that we scale minion life and kill off our minions, using a medium cluster jewel with Life From Death ensures the AG never dies.
Spoiler

400k Life minion dies...we recover 4k life. Instant Recovery is fantastic here.

Bone Armour on left click/on demand is a great guard skill. We also get 10% Phys damage reduction from the Bone Barrier Ascendancy. 10% Reduced Damage taken from Plague Bearer Ascendancy as well.

Fairly mobile playstyle. Minions still do a lot of the work and we can keep a safe distance.

Horde of Taunting Zombies. :D

Gear

You will need a lot of these when crafting Chest+Gloves+Boots. Just putting that out there.
My gear

Jewels

Shield

One of the core pieces of the build. Prioritize max life roll.

Helmet

This is the end goal pretty much. +3, Conc Effect OR Less Duration, Minion Life, and Hypothermia.

What you can do until then is use just a +3 with Minion Life. These can be easily made on an item level 86+ Elder Base with just Bound Fossil spam (average of 15)

Amulet

Gem levels are HUUUGE. Do your best to get +1 or +2. Otherwise just Life+Attributes+Resists.

Rings

You'll want one or two Circle of Guilt rings for the damage and mana reservation. Reservation is less useful if you don't have as many links on your herald of purity helmet. In which case rares are totally fine. I like using 1 rare with endurance charge mod and some needed resists.

It's a flex slot.

Weapon

Something like this is ideal. Again, gem levels are king. If you can manage the unveiled trigger mod that's also quite good. otherwise you want to have an open suffix for the bench craft. +1 to physical spell skills also works for herald of purity, though minion skills are better.

Gloves

at a baseline you need life+resists. You can craft your own pieces with Fear Essences for minion life. Synthesized bases with minion life are best. Each piece of gear with 40%+ minion life is worth about 10% or so more damage.

Boots

Same as the gloves but with movement speed. Cannot be frozen craft is also nice. Fear Essences and Synth bases are your friend.

Body Armour

A hunter Chest with Fear Essence crafting. I picked up a Warlord+Hunter Base to try to get one of the Warlord Suffixes with Minion Life roll from the Fear Essence. You don't have to do that and can just use a Hunter chest and spam for resists or until satisfied with suffixes. Once you are happy with your suffixes you will want to add Additional Curse mod via:
2ex "Suffixes Cannot be Changed" Bench Craft
Harvest's Reforge a Rare, with a caster modifier. This forces the extra curse.
Pray for Life roll. Bench Craft 10% of max life as extra max ES.

Flasks

The Sorrow of the Divine is pretty much how we sustain our ES. Works on Forbbiden Taste and Writhing Jar.
With the Forbidden Taste Flask make sure you have positive chaos resistance and the Enchant "used when you take a savage hit" You can look at the Sirus Video to see how this can (and will) save you from death. (Accidentally tanked a DIE beam).

Belt

This is deceptively good. The burning ground that is left behind can do millions of DPS that lingers after death even. The burning ground left by your minions can also spawn sentinels of purity. Stacks nicely with ignite proliferation on the summon skellies for mapping damage.

You can also use a rare belt with life+resists and even minion life from Fear Essences.

Gems and Links

Helmet Slot/Herald of Purity Links
This set of links assumes you are placing main skill into your helmet.
Herald of Purity - (Anomalous) Infernal Legion Support - Combustion - Ignite Proliferation Support/Predator Support - Minion Life Support (Helmet Support) - Concentrated Effect (Helmet Support
Notes on HOP Links
Ignite Proliferation is for mapping. Swap in Predator for Best Single Target damage. If you have a white socket and don't like pushing buttons, Cruelty Support is also good. Empower is surprisingly weak, don't waste your money on it. If you don't have Concentrated Effect in your helmet (expensive to get that+minion life) then you can just swap that in for single target over Ignite Proliferation instead.
And when I say single target, I don't mean map bosses. Literally only things like Sirus, Maven, or maybe Shaper+Eleder Guardians and the like.

3L Zombies in Shield
This setup is for applying Exposure via Elemental Army+Fire Damage for minions on a jewel and for gaining the Feeding Frenzy buff
Raise Zombie - Feeding Frenzy Support - Elemental Army Support

4L Animate Guardian+Spectres
Be sure to check the Animated Guardian and Spectres sections of the guide for more information!
Animate Guardian - Raise Spectre - Meat Shield Support - Elemental Army Support

4L Summon Skellies!
These little dudes are for making mapping smoother! Do not need Vaal version. Don't do it.
Summon Skeletons - (Anomalous) Infernal Legion - Ignite Proliferation - Minion Life Support

5L Ball Lightning+Curses
If you do not have an extra curse chest, then you only need a 4L
Ball Lightning - Unleash - Hextouch Support - Flammability - Elemental Weakness

3 Sockets-Trigger Weapon
The last socket is a flex slot. Do what you want there.
(Anomalous) Convocation - Desecrate - Storm Brand/other

Lonely 1 Socket
The 6th socket from your chest piece
Flame Dash

Ascendancy/Pantheon/Bandits

Ascendancy

I don't think this needs much explaining...

Pantheon
Major:
Soul of Lunaris upgraded for chain avoidance is pretty standard for minion builds. Soul of Arakaali is also really good for the reduced effect of shock and Chaos Res vs DOTS (works for Forbidden Taste :P)

Small Pantheon can be whatever you want. Soul of Gruthkul for some Phys mitigation or Soul of Shakari for chaos reduction are my go-to's.

Bandits
SLAY THEM ALL!

F.A.Q

Leveling
This is really easy to level actually. There is probably a 90% overlap with the SRS Minion Instability builds which makes that a very easy way to level. Rush Minion Instability and use SRS+Infernal Legion.

Animated Guardian

I make use of a fairly cheap AG setup for this build There's no need to invest into expensive uniques like Mask of the Stitched Demon or Gruthkul's Pelt. Our AG can reach upwards of 120k life without Minion Life support.
Animated Guardian has:
Eye of Malice for 50% "increased" Fire Resistance (multiplicative with negative res)

Legacy of Fury with 50% Scorched effect for Scorched Ground (-15% Res)

Kingmaker for Culling Strike + Fortify

For Gloves and chest I used some generic rares with a lot resists. Between Maligaro's Lens and Legacy of Fury our AG loses 60-65% all elemental resists. This puts his starting resists and -15% to -10%. You get some Fire+Cold from the helmet. You want to get as much ele res on the two items slots as you can. I also support my Spectres+AG with Elemental Army to help with this.

I spent a total of 70c on my AG. 47c of that was the Kingmaker. (Vendor Recipe is Soul Taker Siege Axe + Heartbreaker Royal Skean + 1 Orb of Fusing)

Raised Spectres
Spectres are:
2x Xoph Loyal for Cover Enemies in Ash debuff
1x They of Tul for chilling aura that also grants 15% chance to dodge spells and attacks to allies.
1x Heretical Guardian for Proximity Shield
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Oct 16, 2021, 12:45:22 AM
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2021, 1:28:20 AM
reserved

open for mirror services!
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Aug 26, 2021, 11:22:24 AM
This build looks super cool :-)

I have a lvl 81 necro sitting around naked, might give this a try once you give a little bit more detail !
"
thomzon wrote:
This build looks super cool :-)

I have a lvl 81 necro sitting around naked, might give this a try once you give a little bit more detail !

I am working on that a little at a time. :P

I think I'll tackle the gear section next.

There is also a lot of information in the Build mechanics video. Probably worth a listen if you haven't already.
The guide has been fleshed out and more or less completed.

The FAQ is empty because there have been no questions :P

Leveling guide will get updated to be more relevant closer to 3.16 launch. For now you shouldn't have any issues leveling this build.

I guess I need to make more detailed information in the Jewels section of the gear.
Why bother with aspect of the spider when you're using lone messenger?
"
ericchongws wrote:
Why bother with aspect of the spider when you're using lone messenger?

It's not an Aura so it still works as a nice way to further boost damage/slow enemies. Similarly Arctic Armour also works.

That said, it's certainly optional. You could use Aspect of the Avian or Crab instead. If you're struggling for mana/reservation you can drop it as well (IE: no Reservation Enchant/Rings)
Have you thought about using arcanist brands instead of storm brand to trigger skills for people without Aisling's trigger wand? Seems like crafted trigger's cooldown is too long to be consistent. We could use arcanist-desecrate-convocation.
"
ericchongws wrote:
Have you thought about using arcanist brands instead of storm brand to trigger skills for people without Aisling's trigger wand? Seems like crafted trigger's cooldown is too long to be consistent. We could use arcanist-desecrate-convocation.

Just depends on how many buttons you want to press. We don't really need a lot of corpses from desecrate. Just enough to keep up Plaguebringer and to consume for Disciple of Kitava. Should be fine with spell cascade on the 8 second cooldown. Convocation can be self casted or just deal with the longer cooldown. I don't think it's a big deal personally, but that's me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info