[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

"
fate3 wrote:
How did you get your Lethal Pride stats into the POB?

Nevermind just noticed you can right click and set it

Could explain the process to get Lethal Pride on POB please?
Just add it as an item to the build and socket it, then for each notable in the radius you can right click and it brings up a menu to configure the stats
Been enjoying the build so far! For my weapon GGB 3-link I've replaced Riposte with Culling Strike, making my blocks with Tempest Shield up lethal for low-health enemies. Wondering if you would recommend it for bosses!
Have you considered running Replica Stampede with Shield Charge, Brutality, Fortify, and Pulverise socketted in it for movement. It has about 2 million clear DPS. All you lose is a little life. I haven't personally tried it but in POB it looks nice. May be clear meta for shield builds. Surprised nobody has done it yet. (Replica Stampede give socketed skills 80% more damage)
"
bertmollar wrote:
Have you considered running Replica Stampede with Shield Charge, Brutality, Fortify, and Pulverise socketted in it for movement. It has about 2 million clear DPS. All you lose is a little life. I haven't personally tried it but in POB it looks nice. May be clear meta for shield builds. Surprised nobody has done it yet. (Replica Stampede give socketed skills 80% more damage)

Hi,

Nice idea i will try it too:)

I played at start this League with shield charge for movement and low map clear, but i use spiked gloves with socketed gem have faster attacks. That was really nice,but the dmg was to low.

Now i have fortify on hit on my weapon.

Should i use shield charge/ Pulverrise/ Brutality and? Faster attacks for better movement or impale?

Perhaps u have a better idea?

Edit on PoB with impale, 3.5 million dps (normal enemies, not Sirus)
Thx 4 awnser
Last edited by Dickerpommesarm on Aug 17, 2021, 3:19:07 PM
I think also you would want to maximize your block chance, perhaps get some +chance to block on your shield. I know with the violent retaliation that you would get increased block chance, but if you are getting one-shoted, then it is perhaps because the big hits get through on first hit.

I've forgot a bit of damage on the shield for +7% chance to block, bring the block chance in HO to 70% and have noticed an improvement in my survivability. Ideally you would also get block chance on your amulet and also jewels so reach 75% in HO. Note you only need to scale block on attack.
I reached Lvl. 95 with the build and wanted to share.

Currently with 5.6k HP, 3.28m Sirus DPS in Sand Stance and 3.97m Sirus DPS in Blood Stance without using flasks. I'm also Elemental Ailment immune ( following the suggestion from someone else from this thread ).

This is my first character that makes it to level 95 and also the first time I've beat Sirus above A4 ( beat him on A7 Deathless yesterday on the first attempt ). Currently working on getting my atlas to A8 but I don't expect him to be a problem.

Here's the POB: https://pastebin.com/uksHRbmC

Gear

Spoiler

The main guide by OMFGaTaco is pretty comprehensive so there is not much else that I can add. The build reached maps fine and I was able to progress and improve my gear as I went.

Only thing I will mention is that getting myself Elemental Ailment immune was an extremely quality of life thing and definitely worth it.

This is accomplished by getting 50% from the Skill Tree, 25% from the Implicit on the Circle of Gilt and 25% from the boots.

The game just feels a lot better when you don't have to worry about ailments, getting the Circle of Gilt might be tricky/expensive ( paid 4ex on mine ) but it was definitely worth it. Not sure how else to get the remaining 25% if Circle of Guilt isn't an option, if anyone has any ideas please share.

Better Shield, 2nd Ring, Cluster Jewels, Neck, Gloves, Belt ( Ryslatha's Coil ) in that order are the upgrades I'll start looking in to when I feel like shopping for items, but I haven't played with PoB to see where exactly the best upgrade would be based on investment.

Still having lots of fun with the build and don't see myself playing anything else until I finish my 36/40 challenges.
Issue with shield charge is, it really doesn't feel that great without self-chaining explosions, so that you tag a pack and it goes off. Skill is extremely clunky, gets constantly blocked by terrain, and coverage is also mediocre. Another issue is impale, that excels with fast hitting skills, so that all stacks can be applied quickly. Tried to experiment with shield charge, and my clear was better with.. shield crush, provided I have pulverise and aoe enchant.

As for the build there is few things I found that not many people use, and are improvements.
First off all, if you use lifetap + prismatic eclipse:
1. You can swap eclipse into advancing fortress, and among other stats this grants +15 block. Remove bunch of block nodes from the tree, invest those points into damage = you end up with more dps than prismatic eclipse, and same or more base block.
2. Soul Taker and replace lifetap with dps gem. This one adds quite a bit of damage, also gives free cast of totems, because they also count as attack and work with soultaker. Additionally our attacks now chill, which is nice defensive bonus.

I also decided to try perfect form as chest, which is bit difficult to pull off with all stat requirements, but build gains phase acro, a lot of evasion (almost need to use starkonja as well for the dex), puts you at over 70% evade chance with blind and w/o flasks. Free artic armour chills bosses (relevant without soultaker), reduces damage, freeze immunity, and with anomalous version freezes enemies on hit, with 4 enhance it is 44% chance, and prolif spreads the freeze, which results in freezing whole packs (or bosses if they have adds that proc the freeze). It really is amazing for survivability, you almost never get hit, and even if you do, you still have good mitigation, in my case 80 chaos res with divine flesh, lot of armor, molten shells.
And all that comes with almost 10M dps.. without flasks.

Oh, and another item people seem to sleep on - breathstealer gloves. They grant more dps than any other, if you anoint them, but most importantly pods they spawn provide ridiculous amount of power in certain scenarios, mapping, expeditions/logbooks, rituals, metamorphs, nothing comes close to combined bonus of those buffs.

Another thing I'd recommend is medium cluster with wish for death + evil eye. 100% blind when cursed, gives us essentially 100% chance to blind during mapping, as well as 5% inc damage taken, and other passive gives us culling strike. Tremendous value from from 1 medium cluster.
Last edited by aerial on Aug 18, 2021, 7:46:51 AM
Spoiler

Probably been one of the most enjoyable leagues I've played in a while, Shield Crush was a super fun build. Still a few things I'd like to do before I wrap it up, but I hope other folks have had as much of a blast as I have. Crossing my fingers for the eventual Gladiator retool to not be too bad.
Okay, I could use some opinions here. I recently crafted an Astral Plate according to the info here, and it turned out pretty well. Due to that, I took my old Glorious Plate that I had been using and decided to double corrupt it to give it a big send-off, only for it to basically say "You're not going to replace me THAT easily"...

So now I'm trying to decide between the newly crafted item I made, and my old dependable that decided to compete with it. I'm leaning towards my old armor, but would like input from you guys about which you would prefer!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info