[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

"
OMFGaTaco wrote:
"
Hi,

a question about farming... I farm trocipal Island with Delirium
(Alva/2breaches/blight/legion an roll sextans; map quality 70%)

What can i do, i dont die but my dmg is on the to low at the end?
Roll i to High or its to many?

Looking at your build, the main upgrade I can think of for more damage would be an amulet with reduced pride reservation. The other upgrade I can see is running Lab 4 to get a better enchant on your helmet. Apart from that my guess would be that the best investment would come to either awakened gems, or getting a 3k shield, but both of those options get expensive pretty quickly.

I run every Day 3-4 Times uberlab, only crap:(
For my understanding, what is my gain from reduced mana?
"

I run every Day 3-4 Times uberlab, only crap:(
For my understanding, what is my gain from reduced mana?

Reduced mana gives you enough space to add in war/dread banner, which is a 5% or so dps gain not including dropping the banner. Dread banner gives better defenses with lowered accuracy rating of enemy mobs, while war banner is a strict dps upgrade.
"
When it comes to your shield I'd also stick to the 2.7k shield with block for the time being, personally. Although we do get increased damage linearly as the armor value scales up, having an extra flat block chance makes mapping and bosses much more reliable since the defenses are up. The shields also get WAY more expensive the higher that number goes.

Thanks for the reply, this is really helpful. After reading this, I wondered what's the stat priority for block mods? How should I be weighing +Chance to Block vs say, +Chance to Block Projectile Attack Damage? Is straight +Chance to Block to preferred one?

I'm now researching the block chance cap, and if I have this right we have 79% max chance as a Gladiator, correct? We get +1% for each time we've blocked recently through Violent Retaliation, so I guess my question is, should we try to get block capped prior to this effect, or is that not super important since we gain block chance when we block?

One other question - I seem some builds taking the Crimson Dance notable. Looking at the latest PoB it takes the overall DPS from 1.87M to 1.92, but gives us a lot more bleed DPS. Is it worth the one point?

Thanks!
It might be worth adding the 4 fossil crafting option for the chest armor. It's more expensive crafting per attempt but you only need 2 attempts instead of 4 so it's about 20c cheaper.

Additionally removing all of the elemental suffixes leaves a lot of things that help the build like chaos res, % phys DR, and the other warlord suffixes like endurance charge when hit, +% strength, -mana cost of socketed attack.

For fossils it's corroded, dense, faceted, pristine.
"
jorhma wrote:
Hi all- this is my first time majorly deviating from a build and I'm loving it. I loved this build before I made tweaks and I'm loving it even more now. My tooltip DPS is higher before and now I inflict two curses on tempest shield block. Please be kind and any suggestions would be highly appreciated. For my amulet, I anointed Wandslinger to allow for % spell damage to increase my phys damage. My belt is a little barebones currently but I have capped resistances and it's expensive to get much more than I have now. I believe the best part about switching to this is that nobody really wants silk gloves with attack speed and flat phys so they were pretty cheap. Getting spiked gloves with spell damage and flat phys explicit would be better but that gets very pricey very fast. The wand also was not very expensive considering we don't need or want crit rolls which most wand users would kill for. The biggest issue I had with this was finding ways to get the int and dex required, but having a wand with t1 int helps a lot. Sometimes I'll take off something to do some tweaking and I'll have to pop out a gem or throw on carnage heart so I can get the stats to throw everything back on but that isn't often enough to be a big annoyance. INCLUDING the cost of the chest and 6-linking it, I believe I'm around 6ex total investment. About 2 of that is for the shield.

Spoiler

That's interesting because it is also possible to get Intimidate on hit with a Hunter wand.
But the required Int is really huge, that's not something I could do now.
However I wanted to see the result in PoB but for an unknown reason if I equip a wand I lose 25% of my total dps compared to no weapon at all.
I don't know if it is a bug but it prevents me to check if it could be an alternative to the Prismatic Eclipse.
I didn't even think about that, intimidate would be a huge buff. I'm not sure about why it's not showing the DPS properly in PoB though that's odd- I didn't test anything in PoB before switching over so I'm not sure how to do it or if it's just a your PoB issue or an overall PoB issue.
My 2 cents...

Started a build before I saw this topic. Playing a lil' different build, Duelist in HC, lvl 86 atm (around 5.2 k life, 55+ block chance and 70+ phys reduction)

I went for the Slayer ascendancy. Why - immune to phys reflection, more dmg, life leech, increased AOE (up to 50% from Impact) etc... still need to take Uber lab and decide to go for Headsman or Endless Hunger.

I invested points in bleed (+ Crimson Dance) and took Impale also (Forcefull skewering, not from the gem). It's a nice add for bosses or self healing monsters.

I was wondering why the hell is nobody using Obliteration wand - you gain extra chaos dmg and most important - exploding madness (Enemies you Kill have a 20% chance to Explode). sure, you need to invest in intelligence but you can acquire that from jewellery with 40+ intelli... don't forget to switch the Brutality gem then because you can't deal chaos dmg with it - just pop in the Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support for 4% more Damage per Endurance Charge and easy endurance charges instead.

It goes fine for now. I am a casual poe player so I am going slowly, still clearing the lower tier maps (up to T8) to clean them all. If somebody will be interested, I'll post again when (and if) I get to the red maps.

Have a nice time, ss and good luck to all.

Last edited by S3arch1ng on Aug 20, 2021, 4:45:43 AM
"
S3arch1ng wrote:
My 2 cents...

Started a build before I saw this topic. Playing a lil' different build, Duelist in HC, lvl 86 atm (around 5.2 k life, 55+ block chance and 70+ phys reduction)

I went for the Slayer ascendancy. Why - immune to phys reflection, more dmg, life leech, increased AOE (up to 50% from Impact) etc... still need to take Uber lab and decide to go for Headsman or Endless Hunger.

I invested points in bleed (+ Crimson Dance) and took Impale also (Forcefull skewering, not from the gem). It's a nice add for bosses or self healing monsters.

I was wondering why the hell is nobody using Obliteration wand - you gain extra chaos dmg and most important - exploding madness (Enemies you Kill have a 20% chance to Explode). sure, you need to invest in intelligence but you can acquire that from jewellery with 40+ intelli... don't forget to switch the Brutality gem then because you can't deal chaos dmg with it - just pop in the Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support for 4% more Damage per Endurance Charge and easy endurance charges instead.

It goes fine for now. I am a casual poe player so I am going slowly, still clearing the lower tier maps (up to T8) to clean them all. If somebody will be interested, I'll post again when (and if) I get to the red maps.

179 Int is not easy to get, you will sacrifice other stats to get it.
Moreover the Prismatic eclipse will give a lot more dps that the 15% extra chaos damage.
And to get the explode you can simply use Haemophilia gloves.

Without Haemophilia, another way to get explode would be to use a shaper mace with the explode mod.
You can also get up to 20% extra physical damage as Fire which is already better than Obliteration and even craft 8% extra damage as chaos.
Crafting a mace like this should be easy with scorched fossil since both wanted mods are fire.
And you don't sacrifice stat for Int since the mace is Str based.
This would still give less dps than a Prismatic Eclipse but at least you have the explode.
Last edited by Gromhouleux on Aug 20, 2021, 5:58:23 AM
"
Gromhouleux wrote:
"
S3arch1ng wrote:
My 2 cents...

179 Int is not easy to get, you will sacrifice other stats to get it.
Moreover the Prismatic eclipse will give a lot more dps that the 15% extra chaos damage.
And to get the explode you can simply use Haemophilia gloves.

Without Haemophilia, another way to get explode would be to use a shaper mace with the explode mod.
You can also get up to 20% extra physical damage as Fire which is already better than Obliteration and even craft 8% extra damage as chaos.
Crafting a mace like this should be easy with scorched fossil since both wanted mods are fire.
And you don't sacrifice stat for Int since the mace is Str based.
This would still give less dps than a Prismatic Eclipse but at least you have the explode.

Thank you... I'll try this setup also... If I use P Eclipse, then I can even have some other totem.
Has anyone successfully killed Maven with this build?

Tried the fight 2 times, the first one completely blind so of course it ended in disaster. The second time I watched a video to understand the mechanics of the fight and managed to get to the last phase but I had a hard time with damage uptime while dealing with the mechanics so last phase ~55% was the best I could do.

My PoB Sirus DPS is 3.95m, however it's a lot harder to keep buffs/debuffs when I get to hit her, it's probably 2.5m DPS at best and not for a long time.

It's definitely possible to kill her considering how far I got while being completely inexperienced, but I feel like I'll need more damage and other adjustments ( like not using Hemo gloves ;D ) to make this fight smoother.
Last edited by Hiwashi on Aug 20, 2021, 10:38:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info