[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

What would be better, keeping my diamond flask or switching to this flask?
Last edited by MJHeemeyer on Oct 3, 2021, 6:35:45 AM
So I managed to do ALL content except The Feared only because I can't kill Uber Atziri...
Has anyone been succesful with that beatchh!!!???
Edit nvm Im a noob
Last edited by Bender222 on Oct 5, 2021, 7:33:12 PM
The flask and ailments update is really gonna benefit this build.
Other night I was delving and in the Smoldering Graves areas, the Rhoa's swarm up and instantly kill me. What do I do?
Last edited by MJHeemeyer on Oct 6, 2021, 4:21:42 PM
So, manifesto 1 buff our flask, manifesto 2 buff armor and evasion (good coz *stubborn student) but rip fortify&blind (only melee,blind nerf)..
I miss something?
Hello, guys! I am a newish player to this game (never reached this far into the game) and I am currently stuck in yellow maps.

Either I play incorrectly or my gear is inadequate, but I progress really slowly right now. I sometimes die in expeditions or other league content and it sets me back for a long time experience-wise. Also while I still can instakill any white pack, I have to use ball lightning for a while to kill any magic pack or a rare monster, so I run maps very slowly now. So I thought about upgrading my gear following the guide, but I do not see any possibility to do it. My current wealth is around 2.5 exalts, which is not enough for me to buy a 6-link body armor or stuff. I tried instead to search for other better gear by choosing my gear stats and adding more advanced mods, but there are no such items. The guide recommends several endgame mods for the gear, but I have to trade life, mana or resists to get them and I already feel pretty weak on defensive side.

Can you help me please? My character SmiteInfidels is public. My character exported to Pastebin.

Thank you.
"
LazyOtter wrote:
Hello, guys! I am a newish player to this game (never reached this far into the game) and I am currently stuck in yellow maps.

Either I play incorrectly or my gear is inadequate, but I progress really slowly right now. I sometimes die in expeditions or other league content and it sets me back for a long time experience-wise. Also while I still can instakill any white pack, I have to use ball lightning for a while to kill any magic pack or a rare monster, so I run maps very slowly now. So I thought about upgrading my gear following the guide, but I do not see any possibility to do it. My current wealth is around 2.5 exalts, which is not enough for me to buy a 6-link body armor or stuff. I tried instead to search for other better gear by choosing my gear stats and adding more advanced mods, but there are no such items. The guide recommends several endgame mods for the gear, but I have to trade life, mana or resists to get them and I already feel pretty weak on defensive side.

Can you help me please? My character SmiteInfidels is public. My character exported to Pastebin.

Thank you.

I don't know if you want to try this, but in my experience Arc does more DPS than Ball Lightning. Check out my staff setup. I switched to Arc because I'm on console and aiming is kinda hard.
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:

I don't know if you want to try this, but in my experience Arc does more DPS than Ball Lightning. Check out my staff setup. I switched to Arc because I'm on console and aiming is kinda hard.

Are you comparing your Arc damage to the Ball Lightning damage as computed in the guide? I have been too lazy to do the calculations but subjectively I felt BL was killing bosses in less time. But I am just comparing to what I remember from last league and I haven't tried Arc with this build.

How to calculate your single target DPS:
- First you need to make a copy of this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rz9F8-PfsijZ_kNUNWURiRQabMCRbuaVGaLTie_oLDw/edit#gid=975172529
- Add your Ball Lightning POB Total DPS in Tooltip DPS (choose the correct setup under Main Skill)
- Change Increased/Reduced AoE to your current AoE (90% from Passives, +150% Pledge of Hands, +30% Unnatural Instinct)
- Change More/Less Projectile Speed to what you currently get from Slower Projectiles (30% at Level 20)
- Add your Orb of Storms DPS + Orb of Storms Average Hit multiplied by Ball Lightnings Cast Rate
- This will give you an idea about your total single target DPS if Ball Lightning hits and is casted within Orb of Storms
Last edited by Exchequer_ on Oct 9, 2021, 9:11:51 PM
"
Exchequer_ wrote:
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:

Are you comparing your Arc damage to the Ball Lightning damage as computed in the guide? I have been too lazy to do the calculations but subjectively I felt BL was killing bosses in less time. But I am just comparing to what I remember from last league and I haven't tried Arc with this build.

How to calculate your single target DPS:
- First you need to make a copy of this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rz9F8-PfsijZ_kNUNWURiRQabMCRbuaVGaLTie_oLDw/edit#gid=975172529
- Add your Ball Lightning POB Total DPS in Tooltip DPS (choose the correct setup under Main Skill)
- Change Increased/Reduced AoE to your current AoE (90% from Passives, +150% Pledge of Hands, +30% Unnatural Instinct)
- Change More/Less Projectile Speed to what you currently get from Slower Projectiles (30% at Level 20)
- Add your Orb of Storms DPS + Orb of Storms Average Hit multiplied by Ball Lightnings Cast Rate
- This will give you an idea about your total single target DPS if Ball Lightning hits and is casted within Orb of Storms

I calculated Arc vs BL DPS in POB and with the old gems that I remembered from the old Arc Witch Enki had, as well as changes to the Orb of Storms and Arcane Brand support gems, it works out pretty ok for me.

Edit: On POB I get 1225k total DPS with Arc if I have cloak and brand active, lightning exposure, charges, onslaught, 5000 mana recently spent, and 25% shock on enemy.
Last edited by MJHeemeyer on Oct 9, 2021, 10:02:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info