[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

"
Leimus wrote:
"
Wendek wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone have a Maven video kill for this build in 3.15? She's really the only boss that's still stumping me so far, especially in her last phase.

Are there any gem swaps recommended? Apparently Leap Slam isn't super great against the rotating laser thingy - remove Fortify and then slot in a random Flame Dash for that? Switch to Lightning Warp on a 3L? Might not be enough for it to feel good, I've heard it really requires a full 4L.

I did clip the end of Maven fight relatively early in the leagues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW4DUtdDQFc Sadly it doesn't have the earlier parts since I have shadowplay set to last 3 minutes and didn't remember to save it instantly after killing the Maven. On top of it, the recording only has the easiest variant of the memory game in it.

Leap slam is doable, but I ended up clipping the beams here and there. Might be better to use something else, but it's also kinda preference what you like and what not. I didn't use any gem swaps either.

Your character is way better geared than mine was, so should be just about getting used to the last phase. The damage is really good on this build, and it doesn't fall over instantly either.

Thanks.

Yeah I know it's mostly a question of mechanics since it's my first league since Maven's introduction so obviously I suck at the fight. But seeing the full fight (or at least the full last phase with the rotating beams) in practice from the build would help I think. More than watching some "boss guide" on YT with a 50M DPS build that insta-phases her, at least.
Last edited by Wendek on Sep 26, 2021, 4:29:53 PM
"
Wendek wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone have a Maven video kill for this build in 3.15? She's really the only boss that's still stumping me so far, especially in her last phase.

Are there any gem swaps recommended? Apparently Leap Slam isn't super great against the rotating laser thingy - remove Fortify and then slot in a random Flame Dash for that? Switch to Lightning Warp on a 3L? Might not be enough for it to feel good, I've heard it really requires a full 4L.

Hey are you using RF ? tbh i dont recommend using RF just for this boss
Could anyone have a look over my build and suggest the next upgrades I should get? Or any outright swaps.
Have 4-5 ex to play with, and looking to improve on clear speed and survivability.

https://pastebin.com/kqC34zMx
"
PhanTom_lt wrote:
Could anyone have a look over my build and suggest the next upgrades I should get? Or any outright swaps.
Have 4-5 ex to play with, and looking to improve on clear speed and survivability.

https://pastebin.com/kqC34zMx

Hello
I will give you a general idea then you can choose what to upgrade first based on the tips

1. first of all your watcher eye need to get changed you need 10% damage taken from mana before life

2.your cluster jewel is trash and the rare gems you got are all trash ...
Drop the talent path to divine judgement and profane chemistry the whole path that should recover 13 talent points for you to play with.. then get two 6% increased maximum mana small cluster jewels one with mindfulness and other one with stubborn student nodes (make sure they are added 2 passives versions).. try to have some resistances and dex on them too. there is a medium cluster jewel with master of fear and wish for death as well its pretty expensive but its a big upgrade ... you are also missing unnatural instinct jewel you can get that too... rest of the remaining talent points should go to missing mana/life nodes like forethought or anything that is left.
please read the guide and buy a tempered mind jewel and put it in right slot its important try to have immune to curse of silence on it ( you can get it on different jewels as well but it will be expensive)
your large cluster jewel needs changing as well for start get one with disorienting display and corrosive elements.. try to have super charge or Scintillating Idea if you can't find the last ones try something cheap for start.

3. your ring needs changing as well get something with increased mana regen ... life and mana on it something like this one also make sure to get curse on hit conductivity

4. after getting corrosive elements on cluster jewel and curse on hit you can drop the whole arcanist brand setup if you like.. it opens up slot for gems like sigil of power, vaal haste and such

5. your chest needs to get divined .. you need foible necklace as well get this like right now and put mind drinker anoint on it

6. try to get these flasks and setups atleast

7. get a cheap belt with mana recovery rate on it with life and mana as well dont go for stygian yet since its expensive

Try to upgrade these for now then we can work more on your build

Good luck
Last edited by Sorenalike on Sep 26, 2021, 10:06:25 PM
Wrath or Zealotry better???

I wonder if zealotry wouldn't be the overall better option.
The additional lightning damage from wrath must not count, because it is for Attacks and neither OoS nor BL has an attack tag.
Wrath is +22 more lightning damage versus 16 more spell damage from Wrath (both level 23).
So Zealotry would give -6% Damage. But Zealotry gives us consecrated Ground for bossing and 40% more crit chance.
There are a lot of nice Watcher's eyes mods, too.

So why go with Wrath and not with Zealotry???
Last edited by ogli on Sep 27, 2021, 4:53:51 AM
"
ogli wrote:
Wrath or Zealotry better???

I wonder if zealotry wouldn't be the overall better option.
The additional lightning damage from wrath must not count, because it is for Attacks and neither OoS nor BL has an attack tag.
Wrath is +22 more lightning damage versus 16 more spell damage from Wrath (both level 23).
So Zealotry would give -6% Damage. But Zealotry gives us consecrated Ground for bossing and 40% more crit chance.
There are a lot of nice Watcher's eyes mods, too.

So why go with Wrath and not with Zealotry???

Its all about the watcher eye and bottled faith .. if you got bottled faith and con ground damage taken with it + cast speed from zealotry go for it otherwise wrath is cheaper in my opinion.
Good luck
"
Sorenalike wrote:

No I'm not using RF, I'm almost entirely using the guide's gems. Sometimes I swap Chain Support for Culling Strike for some of the bosses, and I'm going to try out a 3L Lightning Warp (Less Duration + Faster Casting) instead of Leap Slam because I'm not a huge fan of it in the end. I do lose Fortify that way but I don't think it's up very often in important situations (e.g. against bosses) since 1) I don't want to be on top of them most of the time and 2) obviously I have terrible accuracy as a caster so if there's only one target I might not hit them even if I leapt to their face.

Edit: Lightning Warp test = not good, even with a Phantasmal one it does still feel a bit clunky. :/ And obviously can't afford the helmet enchant since the Arcane Cloak one is so important.
Last edited by Wendek on Sep 27, 2021, 1:52:27 PM
Maven last phase gimmick - every time you touch those rotating beams your life AND mana regen stops completely. Our build will always have hard time with it.

You can make this fight easier:

1) life and mana flask + overflowing chalice is the must
2) Do not use RF, even Vaal version
3) If you use Asenath Gentle Touch gloves - pickup decent Nexus gloves specifically for this fight instead, and switch back to Snipers mark setup with brand

5)If above mentioned still not enough - go back to Profane chemistry and Arcane chemistry wheels. Though it could be hard to find skill points. Devotion and Forethought wheels are first to go. After that small extra passives in Deep thoughts and Arcane will wheels

5) Really risky - you can unallocate Agnostic specifically for last phase. Because while no-regen effect is active it still drains your mana but can't give back health. Though it's really last resort, Agnostic is really important for surviveability. You should have enough flask charges with above mentioned changes to keep yourself on full health and mana

P.S. Also, after first brain phase, make sure that all orbs that leave ground dot pools explode in a center of arena. Even if you die doing it. It's that important to make fight easier.
Last edited by HennekY on Sep 28, 2021, 4:29:53 AM
"
Wendek wrote:
"
Sorenalike wrote:

No I'm not using RF, I'm almost entirely using the guide's gems. Sometimes I swap Chain Support for Culling Strike for some of the bosses, and I'm going to try out a 3L Lightning Warp (Less Duration + Faster Casting) instead of Leap Slam because I'm not a huge fan of it in the end. I do lose Fortify that way but I don't think it's up very often in important situations (e.g. against bosses) since 1) I don't want to be on top of them most of the time and 2) obviously I have terrible accuracy as a caster so if there's only one target I might not hit them even if I leapt to their face.

Edit: Lightning Warp test = not good, even with a Phantasmal one it does still feel a bit clunky. :/ And obviously can't afford the helmet enchant since the Arcane Cloak one is so important.

Dang, I was really hoping on swapping Leap Slam for Lightning Warp. Was it better or worse than leap slam?
I can't find out how to generate Power Charges with this build? Can someone show me?

Edit: After longer research, I could find out that we get 4 passive power charges in our Ascendancy from "Conviction of Power".
Last edited by Etoon on Sep 29, 2021, 9:25:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info