[3.23?] VoidForge Insanity - Finally Unchained?

"
xLocke wrote:
What is the point of the Windscream Boots if the AG's curse from Painseeker is separate from Assassins Mark that you yourself cast?

Elemental Weakness from Painseeker will replace your Assassin Mark if the AG doesn't have a curse limit of two. Casting Assassins Mark will remove elemental weakness if the target has it already since you have a curse limit of one.

If the situation was reversed and you had a limit of two and the AG of one, you'd stack Assassins Mark with the Elemental Weakness if it had it then the AG would immediately remove the Assassins Mark from applying Elemental Weakness due to its curse limit of one.
"
"
Sounds almost exactly the same as my experience, although he's not totally immortal, I've seen his hp drop a bit in some really spicy logbooks.

That's because you are not running Vaal Grace and Vaal Grace (with the right corruptions for AG gear) is what pushes it to immortality status. It also helps your own survival a lot too, far more than fortify (not getting hit at all > taking less damage if hit). Though since you dropped clarity, you can use both and you should.

Ideally if you have inf money and like gambling, you can try and corrupt Resolute Technique on a crafted minion claw so you don't need accuracy anymore or to worry about EE/Fortify ever but I wouldn't recommend it.

Nah, logbooks can just get fucking insane, there are some really nasty mods like monster hits can't be evaded, can't leech life from monsters etc. My survivability has definitely improved since swapping in fortify, and it's 100% uptime too. In addition, vaal haste uptime improves as grace isn't eating any souls.

In terms of quality of life, having vaal breach on your main gear instead of on the swap is huge. You can go straight into phased boss fights after a map and drop a breach when your weapons start to die off, which is essential for the elder guardians and their multiple immune phases where a single set of weapons will die of old age.

Clarity would be nice on my fingers, and if I can fit a second ring socket in future I'll run it, but honestly writhing jar alone is enough to keep my mana full. If I upgrade to a 4 second trigger weapon though, I suspect clarity will be essential.

Potentially it might be worth swapping Spiritual Aid for Resolute technique? PoB thinks it'd be a pretty small dps hit, and it's a straight swap. It'd free up increased accuracy, but nightblade would no longer give elusive.
"
Nah, logbooks can just get fucking insane, there are some really nasty mods like monster hits can't be evaded, can't leech life from monsters etc. My survivability has definitely improved since swapping in fortify, and it's 100% uptime too. In addition, vaal haste uptime improves as grace isn't eating any souls.

In terms of quality of life, having vaal breach on your main gear instead of on the swap is huge. You can go straight into phased boss fights after a map and drop a breach when your weapons start to die off, which is essential for the elder guardians and their multiple immune phases where a single set of weapons will die of old age.

Clarity would be nice on my fingers, and if I can fit a second ring socket in future I'll run it, but honestly writhing jar alone is enough to keep my mana full. If I upgrade to a 4 second trigger weapon though, I suspect clarity will be essential.

Potentially it might be worth swapping Spiritual Aid for Resolute technique? PoB thinks it'd be a pretty small dps hit, and it's a straight swap. It'd free up increased accuracy, but nightblade would no longer give elusive.

I doubt a logbook hits harder than a 100% delirious T19 so Vaal Grace does make a massive difference. You kill stuff so fast and have a soul ripper, souls being shared between them shouldn't be an issue, never was for me.

For Vaal breach its really easy to start a map, get some weapons going then whenever you see a safe pack swap to your second weapon set for a second or two and bamn, fully charged vaal breach. You don't need it in your main set, especially not over vaal grace.

As for just taking Resolute Technique on the tree.... I honestly never thought of that. Seems silly not to take it for 2 points, doesn't effect your minions and means you always apply EE, trigger fortify and don't need Additional Accuracy in gloves. Spiritual command is basically for minion accuracy tbh, you can make up the difference on jewels.

Edit - Remembered why I didn't take Resolute Technique. Can't get Elusive via Nightblade support if you can't crit.
Last edited by TheVoidInsanity on Aug 19, 2021, 6:43:13 PM
Logbooks have the potential to scale way harder I'm sure, you can just keep stacking shitty mods on top of even more shitty mods, but it's not just that, they can also disable a chunk of the AG's healing.

You're right about vaal grace being a big deal for the AG though, and if it had better uptime I'd be much more inclined to use it. It's not so much the soul collection as it is the soul gain prevention firing off constantly from both haste and grace, both interfering with each other. No doubt grace is great when it's up, but most of the time it isn't.

Swapping weapons to charge breach is a pretty solid idea, though you'd have to time it with soul gain prevention on haste and grace too, plus there aren't really any safe packs when any mob can one shot you.
If you activate them both at the same time one of the soul gain preventions is negated and of the two Grace is the one to keep around, it stops you/AG dying. The damage is always nice but not like this build will ever lack damage. Vaal Grace (and Haste) have pretty high uptime since they scale with all the duration this build gets. Even if you don't want to use it all the time, having it as a "Oh shit" button helps a lot, especially vs certain bosses that do extreme amounts of avoidable damage that the AG would otherwise sponge.
Hey! I was also playing with this body armor and took some of your ideas for my build :) thanks a lot for all the tips and tricks regarding this item.

I tried to do a tanky one for mapping in a more relaxing way but I have trouble scaling DPS (currently 200k per weapon so something like 2.8m dps).

here is my PoB :
https://pastebin.com/ZxzB9bFv

(shock/brittle/feeding frenzy not activated)

I am new to the game and never min/maxed any build.
Do you have any idea on how to pump some damage without losing tankiness?

Last edited by tagada69 on Aug 21, 2021, 10:51:47 PM
Hi sorry but I couldn't see the mechanic of the build that kills the AG (which would require Gruthkul's). Since Gruthkul's is a bit pricey, I want to use a different chest temporarily (for example Ambu's charge). So where does the damage to AG come from ?
Hey, I've playing your build for a month or something. I've spent probably around 10 exalted worth of currency on my character to get it where it is and I'm having a hard time not getting popped constantly. Maybe it's a difference in play style but even skirting around the edges of mobs I'll still get blown up. I would really appreciate some help if anyone has some advice as to why I'm dying all the time. My damage seems to be alright but survivability is in the dumps. It seems as long as I have my vaal spells up im okay but other than that I'm screwed. I also have a few questions about the build. Firstly, how is EE triggered? Is it just through dashing through enemies + the auto casted spells? I really enjoy the idea of where this build could be for me but I'm just so tired of dying all the time. Thanks for putting this build together and hope to hear from you soon. https://pastebin.com/ttcrEm6Z
Last edited by V3xman on Aug 23, 2021, 1:01:42 PM
I figured I'd drop in again with some more findings from playing and some better gear.

Getting all my abyss jewels up to p1 physical damage was a big help, there are some really nice duped rares from Tujen, so the trade site normally has a bunch.

I've picked up a second socketed reflect ring, only to find that the build doesn't actually have enough mana to reserve hatred + spider aspect + clarity, so clarity is just totally out the window. An enduring mana flask is more than enough to deal with all mana issues if you're happy to press a button once every 7-8 seconds, the alternative being to squeeze in a bunch of extra mana on your gear, which is already starved for affixes.

Anomalous Nightblade Support also gets you another 3% dodge at the cost of 3% whirling blades crit chance, which seems well worth it.

Survivability remains the biggest issue with the build. The minotaur for example will one-shot you with literally any of his attacks, which is a real pain when he drops in on a fight. My only real ideas for increasing tankiness at this point are getting some more levels, and potentially ditching Lord of the Dead for more life. 4750hp is definitely doable, and 5k might be reachable with close to perfect rolls.

Edit: I also realised right after posting this that a single -7 mana cost craft on ring means mana issues will never prevent you from casting whirling blades, which is massive.

Edit 2: Reduced mana cost is nuts, no need at all for mana potions or clarity, -7 cost and a writhing jar covers everything. Replacing the mana flask with Rumi's is probably the way to go, unless there's a better defensive flask I'm not thinking of.
Last edited by SilentInsanity on Aug 28, 2021, 8:44:57 PM
"
reserve hatred + spider aspect + clarity

Just use clarity at level 10 or so, works fine and boost to mana regen is nice qol.

Agreed on the mana on gear issue lol. But if you have the mana, just run double writhing flasks instead.

Also, I have been using Behead Support outside of bossfights (where I just use melee phys) and man is it fun getting random rare auras on the swords.

I also went back to using Mistress of Sacrifice over Plaguebringer because the swords usually last the full duration anyways vs bosses and I find that keeping 14 swords up is better than 6-9 at 10% more dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info