Content Update 3.15.0 -- Path of Exile: Expedition

Most of this is very welcome. I'm a bit worried about the mana cost changes but I'll hold my judgement until I've played.

The thing that worries me above all else is Deadly Ailments going from 10% to 80% less damage with hits... that's insane! Could we get an explanation? I wouldn't disagree with even 30-40% but 80% seems far too steep. Is it even worth using at this point? The penalty outweighs the benefits! Is it supposed to be used only with fixed damage DoT skills like ED or CA?
Trying not to panic. It just seems a bit... strange?
Last edited by Incarcerated on Jul 21, 2021, 1:17:06 PM
THX GGG i am the only one who think it's fine now that the zoom zoom meta get a bit slowed down.
TY GGG i was super exited for new ligue inc... Now we are all talking about leave game!!... What is the TARGET?!?
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY lets go!
-

Mi o sutete koso ukabu se mo aru
Actually after a little bit of thinking, these nerfs are a good thing for casuals and grown ups, so we don't waste our time and money on a fucking video game that drastically changes every 3 months... 3.14 was the most boring league I played (started in delirium on different account), previously I played to the last day of the league, in 3.14 I was done just after 1 month and the reason it was boring was due to end-game nerfs, like delirium maps farming + fractured fossil removal, once you are able to kill all bosses, whats the point of making your character stronger? burnout came fast and hard.

I bought quite few mtx + stash tabs in 3.13 since I genuinely wanted to thank the dev's on amazing changes and additions to the game thinking this how the game is gonna go forward, I felt scammed in 3.14... since everything I liked about the game was removed... (harvest, 100% delirium maps farming and fractured fossil farming) not sure why I'm still here bitching, but I really hope 3.15 will be even worse than 3.14 so I can completely stop playing PoE.
3.23 is the best league of all time (an absolute banger)
My english is terrible,Only Chinese。
我感觉GGG从伟大走向平庸,当我第一次接触这个游戏(很多年前台湾服务器)游戏的货币机制、技能搭配方式等等,让我眼前一亮,当时用了很长的时间去了解游戏,了解技能,看很多大神讲解游戏的内容。随着时间越来越长(也可能是受到POE2开发进度影响),我感觉开发/创意团队慢慢走向了平庸,跟很多游戏公司一样了,单纯的去调整技能里面的游戏数值,而且还用了我觉得最恶心的话术就是“目前这个情况不是我们设计的初衷,我们不希望这样的情况出现”。你们觉得玩家打怪太快不好,你们觉得玩家无限喝药水不好,你们觉得游戏数字膨胀的过快了,都是你们觉得,游戏数字膨胀过快谁造成的?不是玩家,至少我是这样认为,举例子了如果最终的T20 Boss只有100生命,大家谁又会去无限的追求伤害呢?去扩大的这个数字呢。如果Boss 生命只有100,那我相信很多玩家都会去尝试新的技能,新的玩法、新的搭配,去完成游戏内更多别的内容。游戏就像生活一样,在普世价值层面里百分之90%的人甚至更多的人追求更强,而不是你们所想要游戏性,换句话说就是90%甚至更多的人认为更强就是游戏性。这就像生活一样,大多数人追求更好的生活,所以认真读书,认真工作。假如一个改造石就能让你通关游戏而且还能愉快刷图,大家谁还会去投入更多精力呢。同样这跟生活一样,如果你是MIT毕业的你肯定认为你至少是比RMIT要好的吧(我只是做个比喻RMIT的人别伤心)同样的道理,那些打怪快,跑的快,生存好的BD都是玩家通过自己不断积累,投入了大量的通货完成。
很多时候总能听到“平衡”这个词,上来就说这个BD打破的游戏的平衡什么的,比如几个赛季前的环妹,其实我想说,达成这个BD的配装,玩家是不是投入了大量的时间、通货,最终去完善了这个BD。我就想说这和现实社会一样,有人买法拉利也有人买大众,难道这是花钱买法拉利人的错误?你不应该买这么好的车这不公平。但是话说回来了,是不是买法拉利的人投入了更多的钱(通货)。
在很长一段时间里面我都认为GGG每个赛季都能做出一些新的东西,以前都是推出新的内容,让大家不在留恋老搭配,但是最近这一年多时间让我感到了失望,近几个赛季除了削弱以前的内容,调整所谓的不合理,调整所谓的这不是你们想要的效果,你们还做了什么新的内容,看看近几个赛季的在线人数这是最好的说明(当你们看游戏数据膨胀的同时希望你们看看在线人数),无论你们怎么做显得那么苍白,我建议GGG你们内部团队应该有一个KPI/ORK的机制,后台数据不理想的时候看看数据应该给一个PIP,哈哈!
减法,我觉得应该做就像一个公司一样,当有太多业务切不顺利的时候应该做减法,这样才能让大家更专注,但是我认为减法不能单单只从游戏技能上,药水上这些方面去看,单纯这样看我觉得这个一个非常不负责任的想法(比如:以前最常用的公司就是暴雪大家同吗?),我觉得做减法应该从游戏内的所有内容考虑。比如从通货,是不是有取消掉部分通货,合并那些不常用的等等,这是一系列的问题至少这是我认为,不是简单降低技能伤害增加怪物难度而完成。如果只是简单降低玩家伤害,增加怪物强度,是不是逼着所有的玩家去用相同的技能呢?
最后在吐槽一下6L就是高端进阶了,我想骂街“¥Y@^%*^&%$#”。。。这是又是你们自己的想法,玩家不能有6L 6L太强大的,我们不希望玩家有6L装备,我们只希望少数玩家拥有,哈哈!!
"
Incarcerated wrote:
Most of this is very welcome. I'm a bit worried about the mana cost changes but I'll hold my judgement until I've played.

The thing that worries me above all else is Deadly Ailments going from 10% to 80% less damage with hits... that's insane! Could we get an explanation? I wouldn't disagree with even 30-40% but 80% seems far too steep. Is it even worth using at this point? The penalty outweighs the benefits! Is it supposed to be used only with fixed damage DoT skills like ED or CA?
Trying not to panic. It just seems a bit... strange?

If your build is dot-based, u will not get any difference reduced damage from hits by this gem. This is how game works. I can prove it.

Made some non-crit dot skill and take node Perfect Agony (30% less damage with hits). Watch on damage of ailments.

Without node
Spoiler

With it
Spoiler
"
gryfisx wrote:
TY GGG i was super exited for new ligue inc... Now we are all talking about leave game!!... What is the TARGET?!?

Start to other games.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
Last edited by spokipo on Jul 21, 2021, 1:49:56 PM
People hate temp chains.

They hate it not because it is dangerous or punishing, but because it is not fun and wastes the player's time.

Even professional streamers waste currency avoiding temp chains on maps.

Now the entire game is in permanent temp chains - we move slower, we act slower, we deal less damage per second. Relative to player's ability to react, enemies now act faster.

This new temp chains can't be fixed with Kaom's Roots. It can be layered with the actual curse, which now cannot be mitigated except by Kaom's Roots, a situation where the player's choices are to go slower because of the curse or go slower because their boots have no movement speed.

I don't mind slowing the game down and encouraging more strategic play, but that is not what has happened here. You've slowed the player down while keeping the game moving at the same breakneck speed, ensuring that twitch reflexes are more mandatory than ever.

You've drawn fights out for a longer period while still leaving them just as lethal as ever. You've stripped away defensive options that players could have sacrificed offensive strength for.

If you want a slower, more methodical game, give us ways to sacrifice offense to gain a tangible increase in defense. Guard skills are not that tool; we can't rely on a reactive skill with poor uptime in a game where most RIP videos capture a fraction of a second of action and 30 seconds of a streamer swearing or staring at the screen blankly while trying to figure out WTF just killed them retroactively.
question... earthbreaker support melee slam now, consecrated path is melee slam but don't support multistrike, but now melee totem support multistrike, so... can consecrated path totem support multistrike now? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info