Content Update 3.15.0 -- Path of Exile: Expedition

nerf melee fest, gg GGG.
Mostly good stuff. I'd say this is 95% great and 5% bewildering nonsense. There are some changes here I really hate. I wish you would have added utility and removed numbers from Awakened gems. Give them lower damage multipliers than their base form but give them something cool they do in addition to base form. There seems to be a reduction in interesting mechanics in a lot of skill gems. Instead of just reducing damage, you also removed non-damage mechanics which made gems feel unique. I don't want gems that give +x damage, I want gems that give less damage and interesting mechanics. That is how to rebalance gems, not just removing attack speed and chain distance. Here's a thought, instead of removing the attack speed from quality, you could have had it add attack speed, but penalise damage, so you have a choice to make. Just giving small (insignificant) numerical bonuses feels terrible. I wish quality felt more interesting but harder to get

Mana multipliers are going to be brutal for a lot of builds but I guess that just means slightly different itemization which is fine

Lots of new toys which is great

Flask changes are fantastic

Thank you for obliterating fortify but I wish you'd destroy the mechanic entirely. What I would like to see is a stacking buff like crab charges which you generate on melee hit (probably actually only with strikes) instead of just a buff with a duration. This would make it a more focused defensive option unique to a specific playstyle

Again, i think this is MOSTLY great stuff, but I think you would benefit hugely from getting some external input on these changes. Have you considered hiring volunteer playtesters or having meetings with players one on one who can give strong concrete feedback about what is broken and what isn't? because there are also some things in here which were barely nerfed and probably needed to be.

All in all, keep it up, but use the feedback resources you have access too. There's no way your team has the time to adequately play and test the game but your players (not the reddit dinguses) can. I think this is an untapped resource which could hugely benefit the balance team
"
Aeondreadmoor wrote:
this seem to me like the game is going a fully wrong direction, i can live with some nerfs and buffs on the other side but nerfing everything to the ground and even erase effects that were essential to some gems, like the additional curse on aw. hextouch for example stinks in various ways like buyed for nothing...

but the biggest fail of all is to nerf every cool supportgem, not buffing the useless ones to compare better AND highering the manamultiplier to trash every low mana build twice...

years ago, after my hopes on a experience like diablo 2 were crushed by blizz and so i came to poe, this one was to me like the real d3, made by guys that thinking in the same ways as me, surely i only play standard like every player over 30, over 40 atm, and ones like me are the core of poe..
that cool leagues are coming to standard was a nice addition for us but in the last years something changed at ggg´s way of thinking how is has to be, maybe since poe2 announcement..
to me it seems like the to core gamers don´t matter anymore, they´re setting all eyes on those workless streamers and leagueplayers..
the coregame is so overloaded with crappy leagues like heist for example, the when a coregamer comes back after a break there are so many new things that dont fit into an hack and slay that you can´t find your way back in..

seem to me like a workless leagueplayer that has 1000+ chars between lvl 1-90 looking like crap is more worthy to them as a coregamer who´s sinking hundreds of dollars a year into the shop for redesigning his beloveed few chars, buying every stashtab and refining skillappearence again and again...

what comes next?
poe2 comes and chris says" your mirrored,legacy,corrupted and refined items are useless now but hey,you all saw that coming!"

the end for people holding the candle for years,
a laugher for everyone never played as deep as we are and never took a single $ to the shop...

in my opinion they should separate leagues and core completely, implement only good leagues, that are fit to hack and slay and don´t migrate those chars to core, they only anger the people when they try to buy something with their arrogance..
and always remember that patches like this only dissing the people, that make your game, leagues and poe2 possible, not those ones that never gave a single dollar to this and own nothing...

I am sure there are more players like me:
1. Over 40
2. Spend a hundred dollars each year (or few hundred)

You can see we have a lot in common.

Where we differ:
1. I only play a league content. I consider standard biggest waste of time and I would not bother with it.
2. I like the changes and I am interested in seeing how they play out.
3. For me personally Heist was the second best league,
The solution is simple. If you want GGG to stop [removed by support] on your head and balance game based on 10 popular streamers instead of average player, if you want GGG to stop nerfing YOUR FUN and making POE slow af Diablo copy then, surprise,

DONT BY ANY MTX AND SUPPORT PACKS.

Then, maybe, Tencent will [removed by support] Chris's [removed by support] and you will see changes that bring fun into the game instead of "Oh, wE wAnT dIfFiCuLtY oF sAmE 10 aCtS yOu PlAyEd 200 TiMeS".

STOP
SUPPORT
WHAT
YOU
DON'T
Last edited by exiledflux on Jul 21, 2021, 1:07:15 PM
"
exiledflux wrote:
The solution is simple. If you want GGG to stop [removed by support] on your head and balance game based on 10 popular streamer instead of average player, if you want GGG to stop nerfing YOUR FUN and making POE slow af Diablo copy then, surorise,

DONT BY ANY MTX AND SUPPORT PACKS.

Then, maybe, Tencent will [removed by support] Chris's [removed by support] and you will see changes that bring fun into the game instead of "Oh, wE wAnT dIfFiCuLtY oF sAmE 10 aCtS yOu PlAyEd 200 TiMeS".

STOP
SUPPORT
WHAT
YOU
DONT

1+
Not super happy with the changes to a few things, overall agree that powercreep needs to be reigned in... i hate to damn things before trying them but GGG's track record for nerfs is honestly really really bad, so in this case, i'm just going to assume the worst.

I shall scream my voice into the void and say i'll be skipping MTX packs this league and the league itself. The changes to mana will probably be the worst feeling part of these changes. =(
Please Ban Wilson !!!!
Boycott supporter Pack!!
and wait DII remake...Maybe it will be more FUN !!!
Fuck Hatefore Gloves still ingame
I think all nerfs is done to keep people in game longer by do not let them reach endgame quickly. The problem is that I don't have much time to play daily which means I can not reach endgame before I will be bored.
ain't nobody got time for that no-fun-allowed BS,
quitting the game never felt so easy - thx GGG :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info