Content Update 3.15.0 -- Path of Exile: Expedition

How to ruin a game 101: Well the patchnotes is the whole lesson on that topic.

I played just a few hours in this season and went ahead to uninstall the game. In this state there is no fun anymore in poe. Thanks for nothing GGG - you lost a customer who will NOT come back in the future - even if you revise the changes.
Well.. tried it, [Removed by Support], i'm out.

Last edited by JC_GGG on Jul 25, 2021, 9:19:20 AM
Gotta say, the changes hit pretty damn hard. My cyclone juggernaut with 7100 hp and 90% phys reduction with Fortify went from being able to easily clear tier 16 maps to dying on bosses that were an afterthought before. I know that's precisely what GGG wanted but there's really not much I can do to improve that build. I'm never killing Sirus or Uber Atziri again, and that shouldn't be the case.
Flask changes are unaccebtable, further way state of the game is also unacceptable. I spend money for microtransactions, and i just loosed my money... Someone should make new law for microtransaction games...
"
manowartank wrote:
"
oddone89 wrote:
"
Base Character Evasion Rating has been lowered to 15 (previously 53). Characters no longer gain Evasion Rating per level.
Does that mean, if I don't raise Dexterity monster will just start to always hit me? And even if I do raise Dex they will still hit me way more easily?

Is this a nerf to "easily" stackable evasion on the upper end? Or will this make life almost impossible early on for an evasion gameplay?
Can anybody help me with this question?

It only affects base evasion. Also, Dexterity grants 2% increased evasion for 10 dexterity you have.

So example - before nerf:

Character level + 500 evasion
Let's say + 3000 evasion on dexterity gear
Usually Jade Flask + 3000 evasion
Lastly we can say the build would have 250% increased evasion rating from passive tree and dexterity bonus combined.
That is 6500 x 3,5 = 22 750 evasion - which is some 60% chance to evade normal monster without any further modifiers, like Raider ascendancy or Blind on enemy...

Now - after nerf:

Character level basically + 0 evasion
Gear is same, so + 3000
Flask got nerfed, so + 1500
Same stats, so 250% increased evasion.
That is 4500 x 3,5 = 15 750 evasion - which is 50% chance to evade normal monster.

So it means, that on lower end, the change is not that bad, including the Jade Flask which received much greater nerf than the base stat. But if you want higher evade chance, or even the evade cap of 75% against strong enemies, you either have to invest a bit more, by playing raider, using Blind or so...

Going from evading 60% of the time to evading 50% of the time means you now get hit 50% of the time instead of getting hit 40% of the time. That means you are getting hit 25% more often relative to how much you used to be getting hit. That's a huge difference.

(it's like the difference between 50% resists and 60% resists. A character with 50% resists takes 25% more elemental damage than a character with 60% resist, which is a lot)
Last edited by TiamatRoar on Jul 25, 2021, 2:04:03 PM
"
TiamatRoar wrote:
"
manowartank wrote:

It only affects base evasion. Also, Dexterity grants 2% increased evasion for 10 dexterity you have.

So example - before nerf:

Character level + 500 evasion
Let's say + 3000 evasion on dexterity gear
Usually Jade Flask + 3000 evasion
Lastly we can say the build would have 250% increased evasion rating from passive tree and dexterity bonus combined.
That is 6500 x 3,5 = 22 750 evasion - which is some 60% chance to evade normal monster without any further modifiers, like Raider ascendancy or Blind on enemy...

Now - after nerf:

Character level basically + 0 evasion
Gear is same, so + 3000
Flask got nerfed, so + 1500
Same stats, so 250% increased evasion.
That is 4500 x 3,5 = 15 750 evasion - which is 50% chance to evade normal monster.

So it means, that on lower end, the change is not that bad, including the Jade Flask which received much greater nerf than the base stat. But if you want higher evade chance, or even the evade cap of 75% against strong enemies, you either have to invest a bit more, by playing raider, using Blind or so...

Going from evading 60% of the time to evading 50% of the time means you now get hit 50% of the time instead of getting hit 40% of the time. That means you are getting hit 25% more often relative to how much you used to be getting hit. That's a huge difference.

(it's like the difference between 50% resists and 60% resists. A character with 50% resists takes 25% more elemental damage than a character with 60% resist, which is a lot)

That's true, which brings to mind that blind is also 50% miss chance, so basically an evasion invested (not fully though, maybe half invested?) build is getting the same benefits of blind.
I'm afraid that'll make blind mechanics look too powerful and it'll get nerfed to halving the initial roll on evasion or whatever maths it'll be...
I was so excited to play on day 1 that I didn't even care about the patch notes (I read them all though). After ~10 hours of play, I got to yellow maps and I have uninstalled the game.

The nerf on flasks was much a bigger deal than I would have expected. I am playing a Slayer Cyclone, and even with the "Cannot be stunned while leeching", I cannot move 80% of the time due to massive freezes, even with an immunity flask + new enchant.

The game turned into an infinite spiral of despair, I couldn't even make it to red maps because I was simply not having fun anymore.

I really, REALLY hope that they will revert some of the changes for 3.16. I'm ok with the damage nerfs, they were needed, but survivability going down and the RIDICULOUS monster damage + cc staying the same, that's NOT okay.

It is understandable that the staff of GGG has their own plans for the future of the game, but this is not what players wanted. You can't just take all the fun away and expect people to keep playing as they did. For me, this is the end of Expedition league.

Please, listen to your community and make things right, Chris.
My characters are summoners since Dungeon Siege, Titan Quest and the beta closed of POE.

I try the new nerf with my old characters.

Two importants things to highlight for summoners.

1. Minion damage's gem handicap by 25% life of the minions. As if you give a Midnight Bargain for all your minions... That nerf has important implication.

The necromancer's characters are always relatively weak and vulnerable, but the minions (zombies mainly...) are as a shield for them. Now the minions are also vulnerables. After some gems manipulations, i dont have found somethings interesting for correct this situation... With the same build (or almost), the zombies died... just before my necro.

2- The golem nerf double the problem when you choose to play golemencers.

With many golems the defense was significantly up for the golemencer. Now this (almost) is finish.

I respect the GGG choice. Maybe they have a vision for the future of POE and a solution/proposition of alternative for the new players.

But, for the moment, as said the bluesman: «the thrill is gone».

Last edited by Ratcha on Jul 25, 2021, 4:04:18 PM
"
Ratcha wrote:

1. Minion damage's gem handicap by 25% life of the minions. As if you give a Midnight Bargain for all your minions... That nerf has important implication.

The necromancer's characters are always relatively weak and vulnerable, but the minions (zombies mainly...) are as a shield for them. Now the minions are also vulnerables. After some gems manipulations, i dont have found somethings interesting for correct this situation... With the same build (or almost), the zombies died... just before my necro.

Why do you link zombies with minion damage support then? Use minion life and meat shield instead and you'll be fine.
Then use vaal skeletons as your damage source as they don't need much life.

I'm surprised how many people is still trying to play their old builds withou any new approach and are upset that it's not working.
Last edited by Sakanabi on Jul 25, 2021, 4:55:50 PM
Only my third league but my god GGG. This is so bad. The balance is so bad. Why would you make one of the most boring mechanics, (levelling through the boring acts) more difficult. Nothing has changed in POE2. The nerfs have got harder. The new league mechanic is less rewarding than Ritual and just rubbish. Do you listen to your player base GGG? Are you really game devs? The community has spoken to you, and you don't listen. I had a minion build going. Got to Act 5 and I am so done. It is just not fun because you want us to play it how you want, and not how we want.
Last edited by D_v_8 on Jul 25, 2021, 5:18:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info