0.10.5 Patch Notes and Between-season Race Events

pssst...where's that fabled manifesto thread.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
NiPNiK wrote:
I'd like to suggest update for lightning wrap because I think now it's pretty useless skill. You can't use it to escape from battle, you can't use it to move around the map, you can't even use it for damage because it's pretty low, so basically I don't understand the point of that skill. the witch so far is the only champion who doesn't have an option to move around the field like other champions can with leap slam , whirling blades ,shield charge. I was thinking that the point of lightning wrap is similar to the teleport in diablo 2 but obviously it's not and in my opinion it should be :).

Lightning Warp doesn't warp you around the map anymore?

I haven't used it in a while, but you could get around docks really easy with it before as a "teleport".
"
Rodvik wrote:
"
NiPNiK wrote:
I'd like to suggest update for lightning wrap because I think now it's pretty useless skill. You can't use it to escape from battle, you can't use it to move around the map, you can't even use it for damage because it's pretty low, so basically I don't understand the point of that skill. the witch so far is the only champion who doesn't have an option to move around the field like other champions can with leap slam , whirling blades ,shield charge. I was thinking that the point of lightning wrap is similar to the teleport in diablo 2 but obviously it's not and in my opinion it should be :).

I haven't used it in a while, but you could get around docks really easy with it before as a "teleport".

works just fine, he just doesn't like it thats all.

however i do wish also that it had more damg. but it can be built around(not great but doable)
It's fine for crossing gaps like cliffs and rivers, but I find it useless at everything else.
What time are these patches usually deployed?
monday new zealand time is today : 00:20 dafuq ? :D
"
Rodvik wrote:
"
NiPNiK wrote:

The problem with lightning warp is that it will never get you to your destination faster than you could have walked there. It uses your movement speed to determine how much delay there is before the warp takes place. That's why on the ancestral races, you see the lightning warp totems that are far away taking a long time before they actually warp in.

I think GGG did this to prevent people from being able to use it just for traveling as people did with teleport in Diablo II. They initially did the same thing with Leap Slam but, and here's the key: Leap Slam was later sped up dramatically to the point that it IS useful for traveling and it is also useful for damage. When they made that change to Leap Slam they didn't change anything about Lightning Warp.

So unfortunately in it's current form, Lightning Warp is not really useful for traveling OR for damage, yet there are other skills in the game that are. I think that's what NiPNiK is asking for: either improve the damage or improve the speed.
Lightning Warp would be a lot cooler as a Ride the Lightning type of skill, turning into a lightning bolt and damaging enemies along the way to a destination, kind of Whirling Blades style.
"
Axebane wrote:
I think GGG did this to prevent people from being able to use it just for traveling as people did with teleport in Diablo II. They initially did the same thing with Leap Slam but, and here's the key: Leap Slam was later sped up dramatically to the point that it IS useful for traveling and it is also useful for damage. When they made that change to Leap Slam they didn't change anything about Lightning Warp.
No, we did not do the same thing with Leap Slam. It was never based on your movement speed to get locations, it just had a set time that was longer. It's always been a set time for the leap, regardless of distance.

Lightning warp uses your movement speed because that's fundamental to the design of the skill. It is not intended to be some instant speed teleport movement skill. The point of it is that you move to somewhere at the same speed you usually would, but can be casting other things while you move, not that you get there faster. It deals damage around both where you were and where you go, allowing you to wade into enemies, be pulled out to safety while damaging them more, and dealing damage to anything lying in wait for you at the destination. The skill serves its purpose, and is useful in several builds by doing exactly what it's trying to do. A recently introduced example is lightning warping into a fight and using the 'travel time' before the warp to charge up incinerate so it's going at full blast when you get there.

If you want a near-instant teleport that gets you around the map at lightning speed, then you should be asking for such a skill to be made, not trying to get lightning warp turned into something it was never meant to be and making it useless at serving its intended purpose in the process.

For the record, lightning warp will still get you places faster if there's anything in the path that you'd have to walk around, enemies included, as it takes only a direct, straight-line distance.
Yeah:

But it FEELS slow as hell :P

-------

P.S. Saw Dev, thought 10.5 :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info