0.10.5 Patch Notes and Between-season Race Events

ARKANOiiDe

shut yo mouth bro!

lol
"
Ezekiel_ wrote:
I'm really sad about the new Auras ('cause I love the old Ones) and really do like the Idea to do this just as a Settings Effect in the Options ... please do not take the beautiful Aura Effets away from Solo Players or Players with no Performance Problems :(

This isn't a bad idea, actually. Having options for this sort of thing player side is always a good compromise. But only if it's not a lot of trouble to do.
I've been waiting up all day waiting for v.0.10.15 so I can patch while I'm asleep XD Any updated time tables since its now o'dark-thirty (or I suppose about sunrise) Tuesday in NZ?

Edit: How long has the patch been out? I've been waiting for the usual post on the front page news feed "hi guys we deployed the patch." >.<
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Apr 8, 2013, 8:03:59 PM
As a Creative Director for a design agency, I have to say that the new auras look....bad.
There's a method to simplify and enhance the old effects but you guys reduced that down to almost a few pixels it looks unfinished and very weak. It's too dumbed down that I can't differentiate Hatred or Wrath. It's not designed well. They could be thin and clean but could have for example a different thickness, height, and size of diameter, etc.
For me the whole point was to collect and enable auras to make my character, eventually, a disco ball.
The only way you woudn't be able to tell wrath and anger apart is if you are color blind. Yes the textures are small but they are different colors.

It's the same thing as with the gem graphics. You just need to get used to it. I will agree that Haste and Determination had "cooler" graphics before but if this helps them with server load and other such issues I'm fine with it.

Plus before you looked like a disco ball and the auras covered up your whole char, now yoy can at least see your armor.
Where is the ''Fixed all DeSyncs''?
:/ huge disappointment for me, because i was waiting multistrike for almost 3 very long weeks and then its a "drop only" not very fair in my opinion, but the biggest deception come from new auras effect i was like "WTF !?" when i saw them :/, so PLZ GGG GIMME BACK MY OLD AURAS EFFECTS
i prefer to have huge lags than a sad game :(

ps : sry for my english, iam frensh :3
IGN: AfriKanTHOR
Yeah the aura's are kind of cheesy now but if it makes play smoother I don't really care. The biggest question I have is what in the heck happened to the voices for "Your mana is too low" and "You are out of pockets"... seriously? This is the best voice actor that could cost effectively be found? Picking a nit here I know but yikes the new voice is bad.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Last edited by Pavshaus on Apr 9, 2013, 4:31:14 PM
"
Summoned Skeletons should no longer lag when they appear for the first time.

You guys are my herooooooes! :'D
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Axebane wrote:
I think GGG did this to prevent people from being able to use it just for traveling as people did with teleport in Diablo II. They initially did the same thing with Leap Slam but, and here's the key: Leap Slam was later sped up dramatically to the point that it IS useful for traveling and it is also useful for damage. When they made that change to Leap Slam they didn't change anything about Lightning Warp.

No, we did not do the same thing with Leap Slam. It was never based on your movement speed to get locations, it just had a set time that was longer. It's always been a set time for the leap, regardless of distance.

Lightning warp uses your movement speed because that's fundamental to the design of the skill. It is not intended to be some instant speed teleport movement skill. The point of it is that you move to somewhere at the same speed you usually would, but can be casting other things while you move, not that you get there faster. It deals damage around both where you were and where you go, allowing you to wade into enemies, be pulled out to safety while damaging them more, and dealing damage to anything lying in wait for you at the destination. The skill serves its purpose, and is useful in several builds by doing exactly what it's trying to do. A recently introduced example is lightning warping into a fight and using the 'travel time' before the warp to charge up incinerate so it's going at full blast when you get there.

If you want a near-instant teleport that gets you around the map at lightning speed, then you should be asking for such a skill to be made, not trying to get lightning warp turned into something it was never meant to be and making it useless at serving its intended purpose in the process.

For the record, lightning warp will still get you places faster if there's anything in the path that you'd have to walk around, enemies included, as it takes only a direct, straight-line distance.

Sorry Mark, I worded that badly. I didn't mean to imply that Leap Slam and Lightning Warp had the same mechanics, because I realize that they work a lot differently, and I also wasn't requesting a "near-instant" warp ability. I actually think it makes sense to not have lightning warp too fast, because I remember how cheap it was to warp around super fast in Diablo II. It was the best way to travel, better than any other option in the game.

And to be honest, when Leap Slam was sped up, if I remember correctly it wasn't actually a big increase. It was enough to make the skill a lot more fun without dramatically altering it. I guess all I was hoping was that Lightning Warp could also get a small buff, not necessarily in speed, but maybe in damage or something else.

Anyway, was mostly trying to clarify what the original person was asking for, since a couple people didn't seem to understand what he was referring to when he asked for Lightning Warp to get a bit of lovin' xD

-----------------------------

Also, I'm really glad the skeleton summoning "lag" was fixed. It was getting annoying in the ancestral races, plus I just started a summoner build a few days ago, hehe.
Last edited by Axebane on Apr 9, 2013, 7:48:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info