[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

"
CliffAhead wrote:
Spoiler
in the endgame SC build i see that the +1 pierce was removed. i found that it decreases my clearspeed quite abit.. is there a reason why? edit: i mean why remove the +1 pierce on the skill tree.

also: looking for suggestions to upgrade my gear (besides awakened gem and tailwind boots)

Two biggest things I see:

1. Quality up those gems. Sell your level 20s to any vendor with a GCP per gem and you get back a level 1 20% quality gem of the same type. This doesn't work for VLS, but is a big boost to all your supports. they level fast if you're running red maps so you only lose DPS for a bit and then it scales well above what you had before pretty quickly.

2. Your claw looks really nice, but its missing two very key elements. High Attack Speed and Crit Chance. A Noble or Imperial Claw rolled the same way would immediately give you ~15-20% DPS boost due to it having a much higher base attack speed.

Similarly, while your claw has Crit Multi on it, that's a global modifier compared to one with Crit Chance rolled on it. Meaning, Crit Chance is a local modifier to the weapon, so your crit chance is scaled off that number. Going from a 5.5% crit chance base on the weapon to 7%+ with a good crit chance roll is equivalent to a 30% increase in your crit chance. Crit multi only becomes useful once your crit chance is high enough.

Even if my calculations are slightly off, the idea of local modifiers on weapons being super important is spot on. Weapon Attack Speed and Crit Chance are both "local" and high priority for builds like this.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Aug 25, 2021, 10:34:19 PM
"
Baldrick wrote:
I guess ill throw my own stuff on here and see if anyone feels like suggesting anything.
I still dont have the ring setup with assassins mark, I dont have a +1 strike gloves, and I dont have tailwind boots. But, I have most of the rest of everything. Although I feel like my weapon probably could use an upgrade also.

I have around 9 ex. What should come next?

Yoooooooo.... it looks like you have a regular lightning strike. Get Vaal Lightning Strike ASAP if that is the case. It doubles your DPS with both wells down.

Other than that, I actually think your claw is really quite decent. It could be upgraded, but it's not the highest priority. If you don't already have them, and following getting Vaal Lightning Strike, I'd focus on:

1. Strike Gloves so that you can get rid of Ancestral Call (which you definitely should be using) and put in a better DPS gem. +1 strike or AC allows you to double hit bosses. Between that and the Vaal Lightning Strike Gem, you're doing 25% of the actual top end DPS you should be doing. LS = 25%, Double Hitting with +1 Stike = 25%, both VLS wells down = 50%.

2. AssMark Ring so that you can automate that. If you're self casting a curse, I'd say conductivity is better in the short term.

3. Tailwind boots.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Aug 25, 2021, 10:46:20 PM
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
Spoiler

Here is what I have going on, I'm pretty happy with it. For movement as you guys are talking about I use smoke mine, whirling blades, and phase run is on left click. I could get a better helmet, and I would like a better Assassin's mark ring. I have 96 mana unreserved, I don't really have mana issues. I do have a level 3 Enlighten and 2 reduced mana crafts. I have all of my flasks set up to gain Charges on crit. The rotgut goes off when full and sets off the rest of the flasks which is pretty cool. I had blood rage on cwdt, but I took it off and replaced it with second wind on my enduring cry, to help with lab runs.

Hey, I really like what you've done here. One question, does that secondary weapon set shield actually give you the Aegis when you switch back to your main weapon set? Or, are you just using it as added defense when you switch over to build rage?
~Donkster5
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
Spoiler

Here is what I have going on, I'm pretty happy with it. For movement as you guys are talking about I use smoke mine, whirling blades, and phase run is on left click. I could get a better helmet, and I would like a better Assassin's mark ring. I have 96 mana unreserved, I don't really have mana issues. I do have a level 3 Enlighten and 2 reduced mana crafts. I have all of my flasks set up to gain Charges on crit. The rotgut goes off when full and sets off the rest of the flasks which is pretty cool. I had blood rage on cwdt, but I took it off and replaced it with second wind on my enduring cry, to help with lab runs.

Hey, I really like what you've done here. One question, does that secondary weapon set shield actually give you the Aegis when you switch back to your main weapon set? Or, are you just using it as added defense when you switch over to build rage?

I like to use the shield because of the movement and attack speed on it, so helps building rage quickly. The Aegis is handy so I can easily tell which weapon set I have so I won't sit there attacking wondering why I'm not doing anything lol! It doesn't do anything too functional, though. I'm about to ditch that shield. without the extra intelligence mod on my main shield my Aspect of the Cat shuts off when I switch sets, because the Awakened added lightning damage support is a high intelligence gem and renders my body armor useless lol.
Actually, I just found someone selling a Perepiteia shield with the intelligence on it I need so I won't lose the aegis for the visual cue for the weapon sets. Also, I bought a better weapon, I was happy to find this for only 100 C with a nice open suffex.

Just wanted to say that this build has turned out super fun and I am really having one heck of a blast with it :D Blasting legion/heist and breaches have been really enjoyable. At the point looking to craft a claw with fractured cold or attack speed but they are rare. Just a question, how would one be able to scale this to try get to a end game boss farming approach such as the feared. Also, 5 way farming is amazing (I asked my mate to try his HH and it was just dumb) but even without a HH the build does super well. Overall, super happy but now want to take it to the min max. Awesome guide and well constructed build!
Hey, I want to ask if can use ele weakness for mapping and assassins marks for bossing?
"
Donkster5 wrote:

Yoooooooo.... it looks like you have a regular lightning strike. Get Vaal Lightning Strike ASAP if that is the case. It doubles your DPS with both wells down.

Other than that, I actually think your claw is really quite decent. It could be upgraded, but it's not the highest priority. If you don't already have them, and following getting Vaal Lightning Strike, I'd focus on:

1. Strike Gloves so that you can get rid of Ancestral Call (which you definitely should be using) and put in a better DPS gem. +1 strike or AC allows you to double hit bosses. Between that and the Vaal Lightning Strike Gem, you're doing 25% of the actual top end DPS you should be doing. LS = 25%, Double Hitting with +1 Stike = 25%, both VLS wells down = 50%.

2. AssMark Ring so that you can automate that. If you're self casting a curse, I'd say conductivity is better in the short term.

3. Tailwind boots.

Thank you! Ya I can't believe I was missing vaal lightning strike. I got it a few days ago and holy crap it is amazing. I also got rid of my gloves and now have a +1 strike gloves, and also got an assassins mark ring to go along with the mark of the elder I picked up. My resists are just barely hanging on, and getting tailwind boots with good resists is really expensive. Only have 3 ex atm so have not been able to buy some. Im starting to look at awakened gems now too.
I still do get annihilated sometimes by groups of Expedition mobs, and the conquerors can be pretty rippy. Also I die very quick to poison stuff. But other than that it's pretty good. Dying just enough to make leveling much more a bit difficult though.
Amazing build. Changed so many builds because i didn't like skill, defence or mechanics. But this build is the first time i play VLS and i'm having a blast. Thank you
Just started this build and it feels amazing already with the new LS mtx and the transcendence herald of ice

Just have one question, I really like cluster jewels but looking at your trees you doesn't use any, is there a way to fit them in the build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info