[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

Shweet :) Looking forward to the build and will update :D
Thoughts on using beserk instead of say smoke mine to get that extra massive dps boost and considering we attack so fast, we should be able to generate them quite quickly again with static strike or is this something not really worth it?
"
PhantomZA wrote:
Thoughts on using beserk instead of say smoke mine to get that extra massive dps boost and considering we attack so fast, we should be able to generate them quite quickly again with static strike or is this something not really worth it?

Smoke mine feels like a must for me with movement. Tbh im almost tempted to switch to whirling blades. Phase run is decent, but I find sometimes its best to get out of things quickly. Which I can do with smoke mine, but it can be clunky. Playing a shield crush glad with leapslam this week has made me realize how much i dont like phase run lol. It's a neat skill, just not the right one for certain situations.
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
"
PhantomZA wrote:

Smoke mine feels like a must for me with movement. Tbh im almost tempted to switch to whirling blades. Phase run is decent, but I find sometimes its best to get out of things quickly. Which I can do with smoke mine, but it can be clunky. Playing a shield crush glad with leapslam this week has made me realize how much i dont like phase run lol. It's a neat skill, just not the right one for certain situations.

So i realized that running beserk is useless tbh and having the 40+ rage on bosses is better for us. I slotted in whirling blades for smoke mine but am looking at trying smoke mine just for the movement. Whirling makes it feel so much better. Just a thing on mana, i feel that even though the skill costs 15 mana and i have 110 I still run out when bossing...am I just not leeching enough/not doing enough damage or getting non channel - mana cost on a ring may serve to help? (The boss is Sirius/Elder slayers, normal map bosses just melt)
"
PhantomZA wrote:
Just a thing on mana, i feel that even though the skill costs 15 mana and i have 110 I still run out when bossing...am I just not leeching enough/not doing enough damage or getting non channel - mana cost on a ring may serve to help? (The boss is Sirius/Elder slayers, normal map bosses just melt)

Triggered skills now (supposedly) cost mana, so your level 12 Assassin's Mark may draw 27 a pop... if that goes for item hosted curses as this one.

I carry this, just in case...
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
PhantomZA wrote:
Just a thing on mana, i feel that even though the skill costs 15 mana and i have 110 I still run out when bossing...am I just not leeching enough/not doing enough damage or getting non channel - mana cost on a ring may serve to help? (The boss is Sirius/Elder slayers, normal map bosses just melt)

Triggered skills now (supposedly) cost mana, so your level 12 Assassin's Mark may draw 27 a pop... if that goes for item hosted curses as this one.

Ah I didn't think it does...that explains it. Well maybe a - mana on ring and the -9 mana jewel to make LS free basically, but then loosing a jewel socket is also a huge dmg loss.
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
PhantomZA wrote:

Busy testing it but the Essence sap node, just the one small notable of 0.4% mana leech seems to solve the manna issues in a large manner, i might look into spending 2 more points into getting the whole node with +4 and a whole 1% mana leech which should help.

Here is what I have going on, I'm pretty happy with it. For movement as you guys are talking about I use smoke mine, whirling blades, and phase run is on left click. I could get a better helmet, and I would like a better Assassin's mark ring. I have 96 mana unreserved, I don't really have mana issues. I do have a level 3 Enlighten and 2 reduced mana crafts. I have all of my flasks set up to gain Charges on crit. The rotgut goes off when full and sets off the rest of the flasks which is pretty cool. I had blood rage on cwdt, but I took it off and replaced it with second wind on my enduring cry, to help with lab runs.
"
lacalaca wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Donkster i had some spare currency and i decided to play a tanky champion build and guess what, i decided to play yours haha, i'm actually lvl 78 and feels like i'm lacking damage, i'm using low level gems tho but i don't know to what extent that's affecting my lack of damage i'll leave my build and POB here because i don't know if 6 link the farruls would solve my damage issues.

POB: https://pastebin.com/EfU3hkx9

Yo, just getting back around to some of these posts. It looks like you've potentially moved on, but biggest things I saw that will make a world of difference are a 5-link and Vaal Lightning Strike as you just have normal Lightning Strike at the moment. Links on that should be VLS - AC - Trinity - EDWA - Nightblade. I know someone else said Trinity is less important, but that gem really is a massive dps boost way beyond Added Lightning. It is a MORE modifier to all elemental DPS vs Added Lighting which is just for Lightning. A couple VaalLS wells on bosses doubles your DPS and things melt all the way up until high tier maps where you would be due for another round of upgrades (6-link, better/faster claw, tailwind boots, etc.)

If you come back, make those two small changes and I bet you'd feel very different about it.
~Donkster5
"
Slamdancer wrote:
I've been playing this build in HC Exped since the League came out, i am a bit slower than most nowadays but just reached Level 94 and killed Awakener twice :)

Very happy with the result, but ugprades are getting harder to come by in this league.

Great to hear! Yeah, I'm in a similar boat. Switched over from a HC Private league after it ended (Basically SSFHC as it was small and I was alone at the top). There isn't much trade happening in HC trade league so hard to find upgrades. I'm going to keep pushing a bit and then have to figure out what my next build idea is going to be. I'm aiming at one new build a league so have to try out a couple things to figure out what I like.
~Donkster5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info