[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

"
Marinxar wrote:
Looks nice, but curious, wont Porcupines just constantly one shot this build with that low life and low phys reduction ?

Nope. I have yet to even be seriously threatened by porcupines with this build.
~Donkster5
Can I get on ring 2 curses? I know that both are suffixes and probably is not gonna work, but I want to know.
The ring would need to be double influenced, so you can get two of the mods available. Elder providers ability to get poachers mark & warlord's mark for example, but they are listed as the same affix in poedb.

Let's say you get a ring sorted out to make it work, you would also need a way to apply two curses. So whether a hunter influenced body armor, or in the passive tree. I currently just self cast ele weakness.

I should start looking at getting a blizzard crown, and maybe pick up an enlighten since RNG has not helped me there
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:
Looks nice, but curious, wont Porcupines just constantly one shot this build with that low life and low phys reduction ?

Nope. I have yet to even be seriously threatened by porcupines with this build.

Thank you ... I have started leveling the build, and it's playing nicely. Considering the nerfesto.

I am curious though, what voodoo in the build is negating the porcupines so effectively ?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Dodge/evasion + fortify reducing it. As well as a bit of block chance.
"
Marinxar wrote:
I am curious though, what voodoo in the build is negating the porcupines so effectively ?

I find that the cold damage shatters most of them, so they don't shoot many quills :-)

Ahhh yes... Thank you. That makes sense.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
Marinxar wrote:

It’s kinda all of the above plus life leech/gain on hit, winddancer, CWDT w/ steelskin, defiance banner, elusive, phasing, FtS/LtF if needed… you get the point. Our defensive layers are like an onion, a fortified onion.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Aug 16, 2021, 8:00:21 PM
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:

It’s kinda all of the above plus life leech/gain on hit, winddancer, CWDT w/ steelskin, defiance banner, elusive, phasing, FtS/LtF if needed… you get the point. Our defensive layers are like an onion, a fortified onion.

Oh yes, that's what attracted me to the build. Was all the nice layers and no complexity in play style. I just found it odd that almost never even see HP dropping, even when jumping in to a whole pack of the things. Even with layers of dodge and evasion, you will always still get hit. Especially those Porcs. They been the bane of me in many of my own attempts at builds, haha.
Finally could afford a +1 strike glove and could ditch Ancestral Call in favour of Inspiration. That was a BIG damage improvement!

I could also start using Precision (although at a low level) due to to mana saved. I can't yet afford an Enlighten since they're so expensive this league.

Next upgrade will be a better chest and shield :-)

Last edited by Cyzax on Aug 17, 2021, 8:32:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info