Game Mechanics Q&A Answers Part 2

So using arc lightning traps means that Zealotry doesn't really affect the spell ? because it only fires once and the aura has a 250ms appliance ? ? I am confused.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on May 28, 2021, 3:01:41 AM
"
Azarhiel wrote:
This is when you need to answer questions like those that you may ask yourself about the accessibility of your game to new players...

I have no clue of how map equity works, all i see it that even when my atlas can drop a t14+ map with 100+ completion, i frequently end up with no map drop from running 30+ T12 - T13...

You map loot system is broken and needs to be changed to something better...
As a side note, Zana's reset is also broken... Last time i used that method, she offered me only T5 - T8 maps (4 times in a row) while i was running T13's...

Zana maps are based on awakener level. Did you have every stone in?
"

They were never hiding it. They were literally telling people to re-queue in their streams.
Also it really shouldn't matter anyway, they paid for advertisement and because of unforeseen issues they attempted to band-aid fix so they didn't lose ALL of their money on the sponsorships.
Your value as a player is not equal with content creators, it has ALWAYS been like this and this whole idea that GGG owes everyone who touches their game some weird "equality" is fucking psychopathic.

They don’t disclose that the game is heavily biased toward streamers. It’s not on the box. No one is saying we’re “owed” anything in regards to balance, just that we know how unfair the game is. Spell it out, that’s all we want.
Most people would assume equality in a video game unless told otherwise. People who are apologists for this inequality are not helping people realise it occurs.
WARNING: Do not give GGG money. Never forgive the content creator priority uncovered during 3.14 Ultimatum league.
GGG got caught giving content creators in game advantages, only when caught would they tell the player base they were doing this. This will continue, but more slyly.
"
Ghostseer wrote:
"

They were never hiding it. They were literally telling people to re-queue in their streams.
Also it really shouldn't matter anyway, they paid for advertisement and because of unforeseen issues they attempted to band-aid fix so they didn't lose ALL of their money on the sponsorships.
Your value as a player is not equal with content creators, it has ALWAYS been like this and this whole idea that GGG owes everyone who touches their game some weird "equality" is fucking psychopathic.

They don’t disclose that the game is heavily biased toward streamers. It’s not on the box. No one is saying we’re “owed” anything in regards to balance, just that we know how unfair the game is. Spell it out, that’s all we want.
Most people would assume equality in a video game unless told otherwise. People who are apologists for this inequality are not helping people realise it occurs.

Can't you go shit up some other game forum? I'm sick of seeing your baseless conspiracy mongering here. If I were GGG and I saw how unpopular queue skipping streamers was, I'd very swiftly remove any other advantages given to them before they were discovered, if any. To leave them in would be financial suicide because they WILL be discovered eventually. The fact they haven't been discovered means they probably don't exist. Go fuck a sasquatch since you like to believe in what isn't there.
"
nunka wrote:
"
Riael_TTV wrote:
"
How does Inquisitor's "Pious Path" passive skill work with Keystone "Zealot's Oath" In terms of Life/ES regeneration?

They are incompatible. Zealot's Oath makes Life Regeneration apply as Energy Shield Regeneration instead - since it is no longer Life Regeneration, effects that interact specifically with Life Regeneration, including the one on Pious Path, have no effect.

This is either a bug or wrong

The line

"
You have no Life Regeneration

From the item Skyforth Sorcerer Boots makes you unable to regen ES if you have Zealot's Oath.

This interacts specifically with Life Regenertion however it affects Energy Shield regeneration as well.

This one's an interesting conundrum, but it could technically still be consistent with the dev response in one of those nitpicky careful word choice situations, because "effects that interact specifically with Life Regeneration" may or may not include effects that negate Life Regeneration, such as the mod on Skyforth.

There is no conundrum here. The statement that Skyforth makes you unable to regen ES if you have ZO is fundamentally incorrect. Skyforth makes your Life Regen 0 which renders ZO useless. It does not affect any other sources of ES regen (eg from items) at all.
"
J4zzyJ wrote:

There is no conundrum here. The statement that Skyforth makes you unable to regen ES if you have ZO is fundamentally incorrect. Skyforth makes your Life Regen 0 which renders ZO useless. It does not affect any other sources of ES regen (eg from items) at all.

Really?

Try turning on vitality with ZO and then wear Skyforth's, you'll see that you do not regen ES.

Skyforth doesn't make your life regen zero, it, and I quote again (shouldn't have to, but it's okay if you're a bit slower)

"
You have no Life Regeneration

You already have no life regen when you have Zealoth's Oath. So what Skyforth actually does is make you have no Life/ES regen, instead of having no Life Regen.

Edit:

I don't even understand what you are trying to argue, you're either very confused or you don't understand the conversation.

"
Skyforth makes your Life Regen 0 which renders ZO useless.

If this is true then the answer is wrong, because it clearly states

"
since it is no longer Life Regeneration, effects that interact specifically with Life Regeneration, including the one on Pious Path, have no effect.

Did you just go "You are simply wrong because you are right"?
Last edited by Riael_TTV on May 28, 2021, 4:31:58 AM
"
Riael_TTV wrote:
"
J4zzyJ wrote:

Really?

Try turning on vitality with ZO and then wear Skyforth's, you'll see that you do not regen ES.

Vitality provides life regen. All life regen is negated by wearing Skyforth, therefore the life regen from Vitality will not become ES regen if you have Skyforth+ZO. J4zzyJ's point, if I'm reading correctly, was that other sources of ES regen (not life-regen-converted-to-ES-regen-via-ZO) will continue to function as expected while wearing Skyforth, which is true.

"
Riael_TTV wrote:
You already have no life regen when you have Zealoth's Oath.

Technically I think it's more accurate to say "your life regen becomes ES regen when you have Zealot's Oath" than it is to say "you have no life regen when you have Zealot's Oath." The wording of the former, but not the latter, implies a change to how life regen is applied to your character. I'll elaborate...

The way I've made sense of the dev response here is that they do not consider things like Skyforth to be an "interaction" with life regen. I would interpret this to mean the phrase "interact with life regen" is being used synonymously with "change the way life regen is applied." Because Skyforth does not change the way life regen works (it simply negates it/sets it to zero), it's considered less of an "interaction" and more of a "modifier" to life regen (i.e. life regen with Skyforth = life regen * 0). Pious Path, on the other hand, attempts to make life regen also provide ES recovery. This is an interaction, or a change to the way life regen is applied, so it has no effect when you have Zealot's Oath.
Last edited by nunka on May 28, 2021, 5:38:00 AM
"For future reference, if it's ever possible to get more than 100% total of this stat, blocked hits will indeed cause more damage than unblocked hits. I'm excited to see someone make a build around that if and when it's possible. "

what are you talking about? buff glancing blows it was overnerfed...
Great answers. It's great to confirm what we already had a theory about or to finally understand how something works instead of just going by attempts.

Is there a plan for a part 3 or even more parts of this since many relevant questions left on the thread are unanswered? Some more relevant than the ones already here.
''A Tier 5 Map grants 81 Equity.
A Tier 16 Map requires 14,348,907 Equity.''

This is just sad. The system is cool but having numbers this high...wtf?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info