3.14.1d Patch Notes (restartless)

3.14.1d Patch Notes:

• The Path of Exile client now utilises your system's video memory more efficiently, which means that assets will stay loaded for longer. For systems with sufficient video memory, this will result in significantly fewer assets being visibly loaded during gameplay.
  • Added 'Clear Cache' button in Options. While we clear Path of Exile's cache periodically, this button can be used on demand to attempt to troubleshoot issues that may be due to invalid files, or if the cache grows too large.

This was a restartless deploy on the servers so you will need to restart your client to receive the client changes of this patch.
Has any exile really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Last bumped on May 26, 2021, 2:36:52 PM
Dank
Will it be the usual GGG performance fix that breaks the game and causes worse performance?
Or will we actually see improvements!??

Stay tuned....

/e well i literally never crash.. first map i run.. crashed. not looking good so far.
Last edited by Caulder10 on May 20, 2021, 8:17:58 PM
very nice. :) will there be a date on when we'll get the update for consoles?
Works for me!
LIT!!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
Clear Cache button doesn't seem to work, when i click it and select "Accept", the dialog closes right away.

Checked the folders after that and Minimap, ShopImages and ShaderCacheD3D11 (which are, i believe, the folders that should be emptied) still had all the files in them.
Last edited by ThePlash on May 20, 2021, 7:50:30 PM
is it just me or is my cursor MTX now like 50% smaller? updated and now its tiny compared to what it was
I just want to say, Thank u Devs!!! I normally play the game in a potato pc and since the initial patches from Ritual league I just couldn't follow the game because it becomes really awful and laggy to me... now, it's really playable again for me(still looks ugly but i know where i'm playing) and the freeze fact seems like to be better now.
Once again, thank u so much, keep it up!
Tried to crash the new patch and am able to do so pretty reliably on my current system when reaching high video memory usage.

Sadly I cannot find any crash dump and the log file only says "2021/05/21 02:06:46 57048531 bad [INFO Client 2572] : You have entered Lioneye's Watch." As the last entry, from the most recent crash.

For me to reproduce the issue I need to load all areas from act 1 to act 10 and then enter a town. Presumably the higher video ram usage of town areas might be the trigger for the crash. This seems to be a unrealisitc case though.

Image of the video ram usage going down.

My specs:
Sapphire Pulse 5600XT
Ryzen 7 3700X
16GB 3800MHz ram with tight timings. (Might introduce stability issues)

I am running Windows 10 1909, with ISLC (Intelligent standby list cleaner, might also cause instability as it crudely purges standby memory on windows. This has historically helped with stuttering a lot of games including poe.)

Good luck! I saw not a trace of texture streaming going from area to area! Hopefully some edge cases like this left! <3
hi <3 I stream at twitch.tv/sjatar_
Last edited by Sjatar on May 20, 2021, 8:19:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info