[3.14] [Raider] Mahuxotl's Machination Hybrid Trapper

"
imwolf21 wrote:
I think that there's a good chance that the shield is still in the game. It's not a boss drop, so it might be acquirable from lost relic stuff, ie incubators, incursion, etc. Thus, pretty rare.

Edit: I have yet to seen any ultimatum tagged uniques on the market... it is a sad day.

YO i looked for unique jewels and hateforge and i found them on poe.trade , for Ultimatum league,so maxuhotl can still drop right?
I did some research and did some tests with the Mercenary div card on a low level character to acquire the shield - did 20 sets, did not get one...

So I think all the vaal-themed uniques, which are not Atziri related, from Ultimatum league got disabled this patch (I don't know this for sure, but it looks like it)

Maybe you can only get it from "Time Lost Relic" or "Time Lost Incubators", who knows, but that is definitely not obtainable for the average player then.

So for anyone looking doing this build in league, I am sorry.
On the other hand - I would not recommend doing any trap build this league, since a huge portion of the player base is doing that and the gear for it is extremely expensive.

The guide won't be updated for this league because of that; when the shield becomes obtainable again, I might revisit and update the build.
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
I did some research and did some tests with the Mercenary div card on a low level character to acquire the shield - did 20 sets, did not get one...

So I think all the vaal-themed uniques, which are not Atziri related, from Ultimatum league got disabled this patch (I don't know this for sure, but it looks like it)

Maybe you can only get it from "Time Lost Relic" or "Time Lost Incubators", who knows, but that is definitely not obtainable for the average player then.

So for anyone looking doing this build in league, I am sorry.
On the other hand - I would not recommend doing any trap build this league, since a huge portion of the player base is doing that and the gear for it is extremely expensive.

The guide won't be updated for this league because of that; when the shield becomes obtainable again, I might revisit and update the build.

Have you done any testing with the build since the new patch? I'm still thinking about putting this together on standard when I have some free time. Just wondering if the damage is still enough to get all the ailments going.
Hello, do you think its possible to still make this build but without the shield? It seems like the shield is at the core of the builds defense, so going without it neuters a majority of the defense. However, do you think that scaling traps through the uses of secrets of suffering from the jewel or item is still worth? Or was that only because leadership's price also helped with the defense. I imagine there's actually a lot of value from secrets of sufferings now that diamond flasks are nerfed and the ailment changes made it easier to to inflict ailments.

I have also thought about pathing for eternal youth for the interaction with tinker skin. There's decent points around it (scion life, flask stuff), but its a bit away from where you want to be. You can probably trim a few points, like the ones around perfect agony since we no longer need that timeless jewel.

I think a somewhat suitable replacement for the shield would be mistwall, as it helps defensively. I also think that you could get assassin mark on ring, so you can get a whirling blade setup to account for dash/second wind nerfs. It would require a dagger or even a rapier for a weapon over a scepter though.
Last edited by imwolf21 on Aug 2, 2021, 6:02:42 AM
"
VKpD wrote:

Have you done any testing with the build since the new patch? I'm still thinking about putting this together on standard when I have some free time. Just wondering if the damage is still enough to get all the ailments going.

I did not test it in standard, but since almost nothing has changed (as stated before) it should still work as intended. You can put the same thing together in standard no problem I feel. For ailment immunity, change Atziri's step to a rare pair of boots (craft % Chance to Avoid Ailments on it from the bench) and drop the freedom of movement wheel for the Arcane Swiftness notable wheel, it is as simple as that. You will lose some Dodge/Spell Dodge this way and some Evasion, but you can gain resists, life, attributes and even damage from that change. If you don't like Dash after the changes, go for Flamedash instead. Everything else stays exactly the same.

"
imwolf21 wrote:
Hello, do you think its possible to still make this build but without the shield? It seems like the shield is at the core of the builds defense, so going without it neuters a majority of the defense. However, do you think that scaling traps through the uses of secrets of suffering from the jewel or item is still worth? Or was that only because leadership's price also helped with the defense. I imagine there's actually a lot of value from secrets of sufferings now that diamond flasks are nerfed and the ailment changes made it easier to to inflict ailments.

I have also thought about pathing for eternal youth for the interaction with tinker skin. There's decent points around it (scion life, flask stuff), but its a bit away from where you want to be. You can probably trim a few points, like the ones around perfect agony since we no longer need that timeless jewel.

I think a somewhat suitable replacement for the shield would be mistwall, as it helps defensively. I also think that you could get assassin mark on ring, so you can get a whirling blade setup to account for dash/second wind nerfs. It would require a dagger or even a rapier for a weapon over a scepter though.

The build is entirely designed around making great use of Mahuxotl's Machination - without it, it is just a Raider Trapper utilizing Leaderships Price. You will struggle with finding resists on this build, so I can't recommend doing a similar approach without the shield.
I am also not a fan of inefficient pathing on builds, doing long stretches is mostly not worth it.

Anyway, Secrets of Suffering is a really strong keystone, which is a slept on for years in the community. I would recommend trying to build around that keystone (or Leaderships Price) with a trap build - it is totally worth it and fun to do

I am not a fan of Mistwall - this build already packs so much avoidance. What you really need is mitigation for the case you actually get hit.
Hope to see this build make a comeback after Ultimatum items are added back in 3.17! I have been wanting to try out this build since I first saw it but never got the chance.
The trap gems themselves are getting some nice damage buffs looking at the manifesto.
"
NitainExtract wrote:
Hope to see this build make a comeback after Ultimatum items are added back in 3.17! I have been wanting to try out this build since I first saw it but never got the chance.
The trap gems themselves are getting some nice damage buffs looking at the manifesto.

Me too. This build looke amazing. Was rocking DO Occu during ultimatum and didn't have the chance to try this. Might start as Raider lightning trapper and try working out into something similar to this.
Might not work exactly the same. They changed dodge and fortification. Plus the changes to traps in the manifesto may mess with some of the damage.
Mission failed, we'll get em next time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info