[3.14] [Raider] Mahuxotl's Machination Hybrid Trapper

"
Hippopo1492 wrote:
SERIOUSLY ONE SHOT DEATHs.. please suggest a better way to prevent it based on what I now have etc;
Cap your chaos res? Did you read how the defense of this build works? You cap fire and chaos res and ignore the other 2. You have 72% fire and 3% chaos. That's really low.

You're also missing aspect of the crab and have wrong cluster jewel in comparison to example pob. But it's mostly the lack of chaos res that will kill you.

"
Juanlamaquina wrote:
Is this viable as a league starter?
Ultimatum not going core leaves the question will the shield even stay in the game (outside of legacy in standard). If it doesn't, you won't be able to play it in new leagues.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jul 10, 2021, 11:41:39 AM
Amazingly creative build, i am going to try this in 3.15 (please let the shield be decently affordable).

Was tinkeringen around with the PoB, opened the notes tab and holy hell...everything is there! Superb guide, fantastic PoB.

Ty for the effort you put into this.
can the shield be acquired from div cards?
For everyone considering my build guide from 3.14 (it is not updated yet, but almost all the information provided should still be applicable - please take a careful look at the crafting section! Asiling Unveils got changed, so crafting recipes will NOT WORK as they did in 3.14 - please don't brick your items by copying them blindly)

Regarding Mahuxotl's Machination shield being obtainable - the shield has the "Ultimatum specific" tag but it is not considered a boss drop. So technically (if we follow common rules) we can assume that it will be obtainable through unspecific divination cards, which are able to generate league specific uniques.

Mahuxotl's Machination has an ilvl requirement of lvl 46 which is actually great since we can take advantage of that (if common rules apply and div cards can generate it in 3.15 that is, this has to be tested) - we also don't know which rarity tier it holds to itself. There are only 5 unique shields available <=lvl46 with Titucius' Span being the most common tier and Lycosidae being the rarest tier. If I have to make an educated guess, I would think Mahuxotl's Machination would be the same rarity tier as Redblade Banner, which would mean that it will be fairly obtainable be farming divinations cards like: "The Mercenary" (which is not that hard to farm as of 3.14)

So TLDR: guide should still work for 3.15 (not updated yet), don't use crafting section recipes since Aisling Unveils got changed. Shield should be obtainable in 3.15 through div cards. Otherwise, since this is a trap build it did not get hit that hard by the nerfs and should still perform really well with some slight adjustments.

Good luck in 3.15 everyone!
I'm working on putting this together on standard to mess around with. For anyone wanting to do this in standard you can get 50% ailment avoidance on elevated shaper boots. But this is going to get reduced with the patch. So craft now if you can afford it.
I want to try this build, probably not in this league. It seems to me that getting the shield will be a problem...
I'm excited to try out the new trap ability. And thank you for the well constructed guide.
I think I'm going to league start with this. Or I should say at least slowly transition into this as I get more money. I changed the tree slightly to grab crystal skin so we avoid 100% of elemental ailments. I'm debating on anointing it instead of constitution. Might be worth it to save some points.

Also hoping tinkerskin isn't super expensive at the start. I know slavedrivers are going to be crazy expensive though.

What are you guys thoughts on seismic trap. Do you think it will be better single target or maybe area clear?
I think that there's a good chance that the shield is still in the game. It's not a boss drop, so it might be acquirable from lost relic stuff, ie incubators, incursion, etc. Thus, pretty rare.

Edit: I have yet to seen any ultimatum tagged uniques on the market... it is a sad day.
Last edited by imwolf21 on Jul 25, 2021, 7:50:52 PM
I'm playing this in Standard, and I wonder about how to "maximize" the helmet and boot slots.

Would it be advisable to try and craft a Blizzard Crown base instead of a pure evasion base as I'm trying to make a base with both the gem suffixes and the Horror essence suffix (I don't need resistances on my helmet, I'm capped without)?

As for boots, would something with ailment avoid + tailwind outdo Atziris, elevated if I get lucky enough?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info