[3.14] [Raider] Mahuxotl's Machination Hybrid Trapper

Very awesome build :D saw it won the competition ,very unique nicely done build wow
Last edited by thegamingkage on Jun 7, 2021, 8:28:39 AM
I feel like I'm missing something here with bosses... I can reliably clear most tier 14 maps, but the boss damage just isn't there. Id have to sit there for minutes to try and dps them down. I think I have the base of the build down correctly, my gears not great but passable, just wondering what I could do to make bossing possible here?

https://pastebin.com/LNzUhgdd
"
schalander wrote:
Awesome build. I got all the BIS items but not with your insane corruptions tho :/ Anywho, I have a few noobish questions that I would like to ask you if you would be willing.

1. I feel like I would really like to play this with mines instead of traps, like icicle mine that I would put in my helmet with +20 trap/mine damage and +20 hypothermia. Then I could have chain support in there for clear and switch that out with something else thats better for single target for bosses. Do you think that it might work?

You can try it out I guess, since the build scales mines as well as general damage for mines. I personally don't like mines for this kind of play style (I would play a dedicated miner for that since cast speed scaling does not benefit mines in this build)

"
schalander wrote:

2. If I do the above then I will have 6 sockets in my armor that I can use for something else. Do you have any advice on what I could put there? Or do you think it would be better to link it in my armor and go for a better helm since the options for finding a good helm on trade really opens up if I remove the supported by hypothermia and trap/mine damage requirements. Right now its slim pickings to find a helm with those and life/resistance. I mean I could really spice it up and go for a summoner helm and get some good support spectres and a golem for the buffs with minion life support and meatshield for to keep them alive.

I would not try to make this build in to something it isn't meant to be, since it is highly specific and depends very much on synergies. Spectres for example would die in an instant, golems as well. For other skills to try out, see the comments before - personally just experiment a little and see what you like best.

"
schalander wrote:

3. I was stupid enough to pay 10ex for a scepter with +lightning skills and +spell skills but no room to craft a aspect on it. Can you please advice on how to tradesearch for a weapon and make sure that it has room for a aspect craft?

10ex just to buy a mediocre weapon? I recommend following the weapon craft recipe I provided in the guide. You can make 3 of those scepters with your budget for a better result (the +2 weapon is just for reaching lvl 26 Arc for the additional chain with GG gear as stated in the guide)

Since questions about damage are coming up frequently: Guys, I don't know what people are expecting with their around lvl 84 characters with 300c worth of gear... don't expect to perform as well as a lvl 96 character with GG gear. You can start out on a low budget to farm and upgrade your gear slow and steady as stated.
Arc Traps are excellent for clearing T16 content, but it needs investment and levels (as it is for all non-archmage arc builds; don't expect Arc to perform well without investment - otherwise everyone would play arc and it would be a meta build)

"

I feel like I'm missing something here with bosses... I can reliably clear most tier 14 maps, but the boss damage just isn't there. Id have to sit there for minutes to try and dps them down. I think I have the base of the build down correctly, my gears not great but passable, just wondering what I could do to make bossing possible here?

https://pastebin.com/LNzUhgdd

You are on a lvl 80 character, you rock a lvl 16 Explosive Trap gem, your weapon lacks double damage craft and has weak % scaling, you have no trap cluster jewel (so you don't have a consistent source of arcane surge). Of course, you don't deal much damage to T14+ bosses...

With your level you should be farming around T6 or T7 maps instead and get some levels and level up your gems.
The reason why you deal no damage is that you are not able to break ailment thresholds on high level bosses because your base damage is weak (so you never ramping ailment effects and therefore you won't deal much damage, since the entire build revolves around that mechanic)

Honestly, I might be out of touch with the current playerbase. Is everyone just playing Archmage/BF BB/ Minions/CoC those days or why people are expecting to smash high level content with lvl 80 characters, low level gems and minimum gear investment?

Spoiler
Don't get me wrong here please, this is an honest question - are people really just expecting everything to perform like FOTM builds?
A few leagues ago this wasn't possible - people had to invest and level their characters to do high level content (with the exception of some overpowered skills, bot those needed gear too)

The current trend seems to be that GGG is going to nerf more and more skills and interactions which are overperforming without good gear progression and character levels in endgame content - some day they actually might get all of them. At this point what people are going to do then if they are not used to PoE being this way? Rage and quit; or adjust and play on?
"
You are on a lvl 80 character, you rock a lvl 16 Explosive Trap gem, your weapon lacks double damage craft and has weak % scaling, you have no trap cluster jewel (so you don't have a consistent source of arcane surge). Of course, you don't deal much damage to T14+ bosses...

With your level you should be farming around T6 or T7 maps instead and get some levels and level up your gems.
The reason why you deal no damage is that you are not able to break ailment thresholds on high level bosses because your base damage is weak (so you never ramping ailment effects and therefore you won't deal much damage, since the entire build revolves around that mechanic)

Been slowly leveling the guy up, got some gear upgrades with a tad more life; still need some gem levels but working on it. But definitely can feel the boss damage starting to ramp up, I was mostly worried that it was never going to be there... Never really relied on ailments scaling the damage so was mostly just confused how you were melting them.

The build is starting to absolutely wreck map mobs half a screen away and I'm baffled by how tanky it is, awesome build man.
I'm curious where i should focus improvements on this build. (thinking rings)

https://pastebin.com/qD0YqBFG

Obtaining a +2 scepter is significantly out of my price range atm and i am for sure struggling to maintain the stat balance (it hurts my soul but im using tempered spirit to reduce my dexterity enough to balance lol. but hey at least i get movement speed?) as for damage i can clear most things in the game up to around uber atziri/ A8 sirus/ shaper/ elder/ and task master but i struggle doing any of the endgame maven invitations. Ground effects tend to be suuuuuper annoying (especially boss ground effects) and any multi-hitting boss attack shreds me instantly for example t16 chimera is a pain with the smoke clouds/DoTs or most of the synthesis bosses etc. Other than that its been a super enjoyable build and fun in its own kind of way to get a good balance on what little slots we have.
Last edited by RoninRaccoon on Jun 4, 2021, 2:14:42 AM
Hello mister Wiesl_1404 sorry to disturb you guys :D
must we use both traps variants? i was curious why,
one for scorching and one for sapping conflux? so we apply both on bosses
but in mapping we use lightning arc one or what?
Great content here Wiesl, congrats! I am a new player (started like 2 months ago) and loving the build, the mechanics take a while until you understand all the complexity, but once you do is awesome.

Thank you for the time expended doing this guide (I feel like I owe you some chaos lol)

My char is doing great most T14/T15 maps (without dying) but still lack a lot o of things at the endgame, and because of the mechanics of the game I probably will need some ex to achieve the next level. I am making my savings and probably next league I can reach all the potential that you explained here

If you want to check my build here: https://pastebin.com/dg64gY4q

Feel free for any comments of improvements needed.

Thank you once again, keep the great work!

Also mr Wiesl what would be optimal boots to replace the unique with , tailwind / what is the perfect boots scenario ? most expensive ? :D
Is this viable as a league starter?
I really like this build however, I died TOO MUCH from getting 1 shot (when I leveled up from Caustic Arrow build all the way to level 70, I didn't have a single death!!), could someone please tell me what am I missing or have I done wrong or perhaps the sequence of BUTTONS?? haha?

I know all my gears aren't up to the "Standard" yet but I believe they should be enough for T1-T3 maps etc.

https://pastebin.com/SGZdcPKR

SERIOUSLY ONE SHOT DEATHs.. please suggest a better way to prevent it based on what I now have etc;

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info