[3.15] Brain-dead Dominating Blow Guardian - 2mil DPS on 20c budget, 5mil+ with investment

Hey folks, i request some advice if possible.

Currently at LVL 89 and i am really struggling. don't know what is the case but i am getting one-shots here and there. Especially on the conquerers (awakening 3 currently). Sure thing i went a bit off course with the build, but as i see i did not sacrifice any defences to switch to HOP. The character is in the profile (Werth_Expe_Dom) i am a bit new to post in the forums so i don't get it how to post my equips.

The second problem is i rarely get the opportunity to spawn all these champs from domi and HOP especially if the boss is mobile.

The aura setup i run is currently Dread Banner, Flesh and Stone, HOP.
Good day to all.
please tell me how to improve the single target damage.
There are no problems with clearing maps( red one).
but when killing the guards, there are very big difficulties.
Hey guys,

how do I know if my Arena master is giving me buffs, please? When I am in hideout he isnt doing anything and havent seen him clashing his shield during combat neither.

Thanks for reply!
im very curious to run this build ( seems like less button presses than my shield crush gladiator) but is there any unique's/rares you could suggest before hitting the items uve mentioned?
"
Dooftard wrote:
im very curious to run this build ( seems like less button presses than my shield crush gladiator) but is there any unique's/rares you could suggest before hitting the items uve mentioned?

I'm running SSF, and I've been using an Ornament of the East (higher dps than I'd be able to reasonably craft early, and it saves the Resolute Technique points) and an Immortal Flesh (lots of life and regen; it solves any mana issues I might've had). The character is Fifty_Thousand_Crabs if you want to see what I've got. Also, someone played a dominating blow guardian to 100 in SSF HC, username Bonizuka with character Boni * CabalKebab. Not the exact same build, but more ideas for gear.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
Last edited by SunsetVista on Aug 9, 2021, 11:56:57 AM
Hello how do you get 3 Spectres without the Entchant on the tree?
"
Hello how do you get 3 Spectres without the Entchant on the tree?

Starting with gem lvl 13, you get 2, plus the node on the tree, for 3 spectres.
I'm having fun with this build, so I thought I'd share some tips from my experience.

For early weapon and shield choices, you can make a weapon with minion damage using an essence of fear. Make this on a fast weapon, like a claw with flat lifegain on hit or a tiger hook for dodge. For a shield, use a kite shield (ES/armor) with implicit all res and try to get spell block on it. For a unique, you can try Daresso's Courage.

At 92 I am wishing I had a weapon with minion damage instead of my Ornament of the East. The Scourge is the dream, but I might try to get a Gemini Claw with minion damage using an essence of fear, or as somewhat of a last resort, the bench craft. I believe a Bound Fossil won't work anymore; the Delve affixes for minions were changed (when?) to only drop natively from minion nodes in the mine, but please correct me if I'm wrong! This guide already recommends a Sceptre with Temple mods, and that would be wonderful, probably even without multimod crafting it. There's also Veiled Minion Damage and Life, but you'd have to get very lucky.

I'm using an angelic kite shield with life and resists and spell block. My goal upgrade is a Shaper or Warlord angelic or archon shield with spell block and 5% life recovered on block. Influenced items being available through Expedition gambling and Expedition remnants with "monsters have an increased chance to drop influenced items" make this realistic. I am unlikely to ever see the prophecy to upgrade to the Whakatutuki o Matua.

Since I'm SSF and haven't found a minion large cluster jewel yet, I invested a little bit more in spell block on the tree by grabbing the nodes near the witch area (Mystic Bulwark). I also took the Indomitable Army nodes for more minion survivability. I decided the Time of Need 80% curse effect reduction was currently good enough for now although I will eventually want the crit damage reduction on Sanctum of Thought anyway. Other points went to jewel sockets and life.

Anointing one of the dex notables on the amulet helped early on. Hopefully I can get more dex on gear soon, to save another point and free up the anointment on my amulet when I find a good one. I'm using Amethyst Rings for the chaos resist.

I run Enduring Cry to get endurance charges. It's socketed in my chestpiece, since I've only got a 5 link. When I get a 6 link, I'll test dropping Lifetap on the spectres for it, but I suspect I'll miss the increased frenzy charge uptime.

Earlier I mentioned I liked a Heretical Guardian spectre for the proximity shield. I have since stumbled upon a Primal Crushclaw, and though I'm not sure if it is outstanding for the build, I don't miss the proximity shield at all.

Because the playstyle is about rushing after your wave of minions and the screen is so cluttered, you should be especially careful of Bearers.

Awakening 3 Baran oneshot me twice, but that was partially my own fault. I may have put increased monster speed on the map. It's very difficult to see the windup of Baran's attacks while he's being swarmed by all your minions. Once you've got your 9 sentinels, you don't need to stay in melee with the boss except to refresh your Fortify (and endurance charges if Enduring Cry) and when the sentinels time out. Just stay near enough for Pride to reach.

For flasks, in lieu of Rumi's, which is an uncommon drop, I may run a Flagellant's Granite Flask of Iron Skin. Once I have my chaos resist capped I'm also considering a >85% life recovered Forbidden Taste with trigger on taking a savage hit. Right now I have staunching and curing life flasks, a quicksilver, and a quartz of heat and a quartz of grounding, which I plan to upgrade with triggers to use when frozen and shocked respectively.

For gems to get to 20/20 and then corrupt, I'm working towards a 21/20 Dominating Blow and a 21/20 Steelskin.

I'm currently running Vulnerability, but I will want to switch to Poacher's Mark for single target bossing. Maybe I'll try to get a white socket for that. Actually I might just make the switch now. For regular clearing, having Flesh Offering up seems to make a bigger difference than if the pack is cursed or not.

I'm probably forgetting some things, but I hope this helps a little. Thanks again for the great guide and a solid build.
Last edited by SunsetVista on Aug 14, 2021, 11:00:04 AM
"
noerre wrote:
Hey guys,

how do I know if my Arena master is giving me buffs, please? When I am in hideout he isnt doing anything and havent seen him clashing his shield during combat neither.

Thanks for reply!

He only casts it in combat. The buff icon looks like a shield. It doesn't last very long. I've tried to get a screenshot for you, but
PoEDB has a picture of the buff icon:
https://poedb.tw/us/Arena_Masters_Presence
Question: is Poacher's Mark really more damage than Vulnerability?

Do the successive hits on Multistrike generate Sentinels faster?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info