[3.15] Brain-dead Dominating Blow Guardian - 2mil DPS on 20c budget, 5mil+ with investment

Any updates on the flasks for 3.15?
"
unsmith wrote:
I too am having fun with this, but it feels very slow. I'm hoping that it's just because my gear is bad and I'm still leveling (82 atm). I have trouble keeping at max Sentinels because I can't get hits in before the existing ones kill things, so I'm suffering through periods of being underpowered due to lack of Sentinels.

Better movespeed boots would help me moving from pack to pack, but I'm not sure how to improve attack speed significantly enough that I can get hits in to trigger the debuff and keep my Sentinels going.

I'm having a huge success with this build on mapping front. The clear is godlike in my opinion - provided you have enough damage. Speed is not an issue due to free onslaught. Get 30ms on boots, quicksilver flask and you're gucci.

You can get some inspiration here:

If you got any questions hit me up. You can look for character "iFarmGolems" on my account to see whole package. This build is utilizing jewels which give you a lot of damage.
Last edited by Mamradkorytnacky on Jul 31, 2021, 6:53:20 PM
Sounds good. I will just power through the "early maps with league starter with shit gear" phase then.

Excellent idea with Behead support, I'll try it. Strike range feels really bad with just Dominating Blow since you need to get up close and personal to whack a mob on the head.
Last edited by unsmith on Aug 1, 2021, 12:00:46 AM
"
unsmith wrote:
Sounds good. I will just power through the "early maps with league starter with shit gear" phase then.

Excellent idea with Behead support, I'll try it. Strike range feels really bad with just Dominating Blow since you need to get up close and personal to whack a mob on the head.

Behead is awesome for mapping, the best part is that it does work on sentinels - and the mod stealing is per-sentinel. This allows multiple sentinels to have stolen rare mods.
"
"
unsmith wrote:

Behead is awesome for mapping, the best part is that it does work on sentinels - and the mod stealing is per-sentinel. This allows multiple sentinels to have stolen rare mods.

Wow! Thank you so much for this info!

Edit: I also like your use of the Indomitable Army notable cluster. I think I'll head that way next.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
Last edited by SunsetVista on Aug 1, 2021, 8:52:57 AM
"
"
unsmith wrote:

Hi thanks for the suggestion, was really intrigued with that new gem, what do u recommend I drop from the 6L in order to fit that in?

"
SunsetVista wrote:
I'm having fun with this. Thanks again for the guide!

Do you have suggestions for a tree without the cluster jewels? In SSF I may not find such a cluster jewel for a long time.

Also, until we get a nice sceptre or the Scourge, what sort of weapon to you recommend? In SSF I've gotten lucky to get an Ornament of the East, but I can foresee needing more damage to smoothly generate the first minions in yellow and red maps. I'm still using Herald of Purity to help with this, even though it's obvious that at a higher gear point Pride is the way to go.

Oh! And I'm finally going to be able to obtain the Tul and Arena Master spectres. Before that, while leveling, I've been using a Heretical Guardian for the proximity shield alongside the Carnage Chieftain and it's worked alright. That might be worth a mention in the leveling section. Are there any other early/mid spectres you'd recommend?

Tree: You basically take every single minion damage node on the tree (unless you want to also path for the minor ones near Witch start), so if you can't get a cluster jewel for more damage, your options are A) take defensive nodes like the Anointed Flesh cluster or life nodes in the Marauder area, or B) take jewel sockets if you've found decent regular/Abyss jewels.

Weapon: Keep Spiritual Aid allocated until you get a Scourge, and just grab a high physical DPS weapon. Craft minion damage on it if you can. Ornament of the East isn't necessary since you already take Resolute Technique.

Spectres: I've tried Undying Evangelists for prox shield in the past and I've found their AI to be a bit wonky (they stand just far away enough that you're outside their shield, even with Meat Shield). I'll put them and Heretical Guardians in as an option though. Otherwise Carnage/Host Chieftains are fine. You can also double up on Carnage Chieftains for better Frenzy uptime on your sentinels.

"
Novexse wrote:
Any updates on the flasks for 3.15?

Having tried the new flasks, it's pretty much the same as the old ones except you press them less often. I've updated the flask section to mention potentially useful Instilling/Enkindling orb enchants.
"
ricmond wrote:
"
"
unsmith wrote:

Hi thanks for the suggestion, was really intrigued with that new gem, what do u recommend I drop from the 6L in order to fit that in?

For mapping use the setup in my 6l chest linked above, for boss swap behead and melee splash with melee phys and brutality.
My Flesh Offering and Desecrate with the Arcanist Brand don't seem to be working. When I take it off, I can use the abilities and see it working, but when I use brand with them connected it doesn't give me buffs or do any animations with summoning corpses and exploding them. Any ideas?

Gem setup is Poacher's Mark --> Desecrate --> Arcanist Brand --> Flesh Offering
"
Novexse wrote:
My Flesh Offering and Desecrate with the Arcanist Brand don't seem to be working. When I take it off, I can use the abilities and see it working, but when I use brand with them connected it doesn't give me buffs or do any animations with summoning corpses and exploding them. Any ideas?

Gem setup is Poacher's Mark --> Desecrate --> Arcanist Brand --> Flesh Offering

The brand only triggers the spells when it attaches to an enemy, is that the problem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info