3.14.1 Patch Notes Preview

lmao, are u guys aware of sirus sometimes disapearing of the fight and enter into the meteors? he doesnt comeback after go away.
Fix harvest

Its fucking unplayable when you enjoy it.

Full loaded up watchstones, uncharted realms,

+100 harvest NOT A SINGLE AUGMENT or remove craft..

Come on, fix this.
the performance of 3.14.1 will decide if I quit this league and go play last epoch to scratch the rpg itch that PoE just worsened, because I just cant play when the main mechanic of the league nukes my fps from 60 to 1 for two to five seconds...
also the harvest nerf made any fun off meta build unplayable in high level content.
I have to say that indeed, the technical performances are ... low. Very low.

While I do not suffer too much from texture streaming, probably thanks to the game being installed on a very fast PCIE4.0 ssd, I'm still confused by the fact I have some streaming at all.
Loading times seem a bit longer than before, too.
And crashes, freezes, god. My mate who tried to come back to the game just ragequit as he just can't play. Freezes when ultimatum begins. Freezes when ritual begins. Freezes, dies, and can't get any reward when entering a Conqueror's boss room.
I do experience some freezes, too, occasionnally. Switching to Vulkan apparently smoothened the deal ( at the expanse of slightly more streaming issues ).

But it all feel pretty clunky, random, and frankly unexpected. It used to run much more smoothly...
"
Incarcerated wrote:
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
So I took a little shortcut in the original post, because in all honesty I could just do a few thousand words post about the state of the game after these nerfs, performance and future, all subjective of course because we all can have different opinions on things, nothing wrong with that (as long as in the process we not insulting each other intelligence - like that little jab on majority of yours). But I just want to address this one thing you are sort of touching here.

You are very wrong if you think that fracturing delirium maps/blueprints or splitting bases only affect 0.5% of people. Those changes actually affect the vast majority of players, and unfortunately are mostly hitting the 90% club, not the 10% club. As you stated yourself people will find a way to min max farming efficiency, but who are those people? Because as you can see in this thread the “less advanced” people are having issues with sustaining maps, let alone efficiency. Now, what did fracturing maps, blueprints and splitting bases did for the game? If you look on it globally without the “I hate rich” glasses, those mechanics provided mostly for casual players. Because of those mechanics there was enough currency generated on the market to make things affordable for average joe, and his normal mapping returns better.

100+ scarabs per 1 ex, 600-700 chisels per 1 ex, bulk sextants, regrets, sac frags and so on, these prices are gone, and with that being said the “normal player” cannot really “buy” stuff with his normal gains because that junk that drops from his maps is still worthless as it was. Beast splitting is a whole different can of worms, but it short it should’ve been dealt with differently. Split status that shows on both items now should’ve been removable with scouring orb, and this would make idiotic t1 magic bases printing impossible but still let average player to get his 6 link astral or regalia around 2-3 ex or less (6l lvl 86 clean astral in league is about 5.5-6 ex now).

Bottom line, even if we put harvest nerfs aside, rest of the nerfs affected every average player more than the top 10%. Because the top 10% will muscle their way thru RNG with amount of time played and knowledge of game mechanics. These nerf didn’t take away from the top, they took away from the bottom more.

Cheers.

Any nerf like this takes from the top and the bottom. The thing you fail to see is that the bottom and middle become more competetive for the majority of players and the random RNG chances of finding valuable items is more in their favour again.
Map sustain might be difficult for most people but this isn't a long term issue. Most people will get to t16s and sustain perfectly fine within the next week if they are still catching up.

The nerfs have reduced the distance in both skill and game knowledge between the top and the bottom of the economy, effectively making it more competetive. If you feel there's no endgame, you're [Removed by Support] ignoring the multitude of options available to you. There isn't one single way to farm anymore. There are many ways. This is called balance.
[Removed by Support]

So I don't really know what you are trying to say here.

"
Any nerf like this takes from the top and the bottom. The thing you fail to see is that the bottom and middle become more competetive for the majority of players and the random RNG chances of finding valuable items is more in their favour again.

I do not understand what competition you are talking here about, especially if you are referring to bottom and middle portion of the player base. I didn't know that PoE is actually competitive game for people that play on daily bases, I thought that outside of some races and short-term leagues there is no competition here, besides some bragging rights. I do not see any ladders, daily results of mapping and gains, I do not see any players going for any sort of top spots. If you meant that game just became more difficult for them, than yes, bingo, you are right! And this actually is not the good thing if you realize that even GGG says that most people cannot make it into maps etc.

Now, how is that RNG somewhat in favor of these people that play less? I really fail to see any connection between less accessible end game, lower map returns, difficulty in sustaining maps, and better RNG. If you mean that it makes some drops more valuable, sure, but they are not getting more of them, and a fact that a single item went 50% up in price means nothing when the cost of running maps and so on doubled up or even tripled while the drop rates of things did not increase (rather decrease).

"
The nerfs have reduced the distance in both skill and game knowledge between the top and the bottom of the economy, effectively making it more competetive.

Care to explain how this actually happen? How did the nerfs somewhat made top tier players stupid and low tier players smart? How those nerfs made the game difficult for folks who play 10 hours a day, and easy for people that do 2-3 hours a day top? Again, how is it more competitive? What competition? casuals and average Joes dont have more of anything, and try-hards still have plenty because they simply play more. And, IU really don't know what do you mean by competitive, this is not Diablo 3 with Greater Rifts and ladders with positions. This is PoE without such things, and people don't compete with content completion, because it is not necessary to say kill sirus or maven on your own, you can have a mapper that makes you currency and get service for bosses. You can sit in hideout and flip, effectively making more than average player that cannot sustain maps (currently)

"
If you feel there's no endgame, you're [Removed by Support] ignoring the multitude of options available to you. There isn't one single way to farm anymore. There are many ways. This is called balance.

There were several different ways of farming before the nerfs, and there are several ways of farming now. But the bigger picture changed. The average player got hit more than any end game farmer, that is the problem, drop rates, map sustain, bulk prices, crafting, so on and so forth, these nerfs didn't close any "gap" or balanced anything, disparity is still same - or even wider - and it does not look like it is going to change.

I personally don't care much, first of all since leagues lately bring very little to the table (Ritual was carried hard by atlas expansion and harvest) I stay on Standard where I need...nothing. Those nerfs to fracturing/splitting are basically making me richer every day without doing anything because I made several hundreds of bases before the nerfs, and now I am selling them slowly for 2-3-4x more than they were worth before, without flooding the market.

Second of all I can muscle my way thru RNG because my builds need 0 investment and I can sell pretty much 100% of the drops, outside of bubble gum currency for maps.

I did not see an raw ex drop in over a week while I play 4+ hours a day, and I DON"T CARE.

My issue is that these nerfs hit not folks like me, they hit league players that don't have 4+ hours a day, they hit casuals, they hit the average Joe of PoE. And this game will die without the average Joe's.

Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
cool
pog
https://www.pathofexile.com/
thort this league would be fun, but it kinda boring, grab you self a tanky build and your done, ritual was better design.
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
Last edited by maxtraxv3 on Apr 28, 2021, 9:13:36 PM
And harvest nerf could be so easy...

1. Make harvest-crafted affixes t2 at best, effect: no mirror-tier items via harvest.
2. Tag aug or rem-aug crafted mods as 'harvest-crafted' and specify that they cant be leveled up via maven's orb, effect: much more chaos/fossil, maybe even essence crafting, and more:

PEOPLE CAN FINALLY GET WHAT THEY WANT FOR OFF-META BUILDS! Everyone can have good, even VERY good items, but NOT mirror-tier.

This solution would even make space for this famous 1% crafters, because there always will be players that want minmaxing.

But hell no, lets (bad words here) harvest...

Nice thinking.
Forgot to mention:

There is something like 'diversity of players'

Not everyone consider 'endgame' the same way. Some like delving, some mapping, some bossing etc. Also, there are a DAMN LOT of skills! And a lot of classes/ascendancies! And they require different items to work!

Is it really that hard to think of?

MAYBE you nerf all in perspective of years, but here is a little tip:

With such competition just around the corner, you better carefully watch your steps. Because if you dont, players WILL find some other game to play (as i did), and then they WONT come back, even if you give HH and 3 mirrors each league for a start.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info