[3.15] Fire Burst Elementalist - Use (almost) any skill (or none) in the game.

"
Can we make archmage version of this build?

Fireburst does not have a mana cost, not sure how you would scale that. Can trigger gems have a mana cost associated with them?

"
753924 wrote:

But won't Anger give it Fire damage making it detrimental?

Wow, can't believe I didn't think of that, of course it will. In that case, I just killed Sirus with EE acting against me lol.

The ideal boss setup would be switching too much stuff. You would want to drop CWDT, Anger, Sign ring. Then add both heralds and either emberwake, or another dps ring. Honestly, I would make a bosser build if you're going to farm bosses. This build will never be great at bossing with 4m dot dps. I've killed everything with it but not it's purpose. I just wanted something I could reliably finish ultimatums with and ignore most of the mods it has.

I wish Wrath mirrored Anger in design. It's annoying every elemental aura/herald having different applied affects.

"
IverzonX wrote:
nice build, but it seems too squishy, i die too much :/

Without slower proj on ball lighting you're losing a lot of life on hit procs, otherwise your gear looks good. I would pick up unwavering stance. I switched it around 90 and think it feels a lot better. I have ran a lot of ultimatums since and haven't died in quite a while. Except to Sirus.

"
bodhe wrote:

"
IverzonX wrote:
nice build, but it seems too squishy, i die too much :/

Without slower proj on ball lighting you're losing a lot of life on hit procs, otherwise your gear looks good. I would pick up unwavering stance. I switched it around 90 and think it feels a lot better. I have ran a lot of ultimatums since and haven't died in quite a while. Except to Sirus.

I will try that, ty...
"
bodhe wrote:
"
Can we make archmage version of this build?

Fireburst does not have a mana cost, not sure how you would scale that. Can trigger gems have a mana cost associated with them?

Oh i mean arcane cloak not archmage. My bad. Mom, mana stacking, agnostic and etc? Also cooldown reduction will make anything good for build? We can craft it on belt and boots.
Ok, here is my current idea on boss swaps, still clunky and I'd roll a dedicated bosser if I were you.

Swap Ngahamu's Sign for The Taming (we shock and ignite every hit)
Turn off Anger (optional, roll a white socket on helm and swap anger for herald of lightning, to keep added damage)
Socket Storm Brand in Malachi's Artifice. (make sure jewels don't have flat added fire to spells, rest of elements are ok.)

The idea is, we get the buff from The Taming with all of our hits. Stormbrand proc's EE and can passively deliver Fireburst. We are free to run around again and just need to WoC every 4 sec.

Any better idea's?
Last edited by bodhe on May 2, 2021, 10:29:33 PM
Added Chaos Damage is an interesting choice, compared to Immolate.

It looks like PoB has a bug where the +1 to level of active skill gems is applied to Fire Burst even though it's not a gem, so it's not quite as good as it looks. (I'm pretty sure that's how it works, but can't test in game...)

If you have Atziri's Promise up, then Immolate actually beats it out. Without Atziri's Promise, it's slightly lower, but it's very slight. It's much cheaper to get; you can get a 21/0 Immolate for a couple chaos, and this is on par with a 4/20 Awakened Added Chaos.
hi, i have a question about immolate, does it give extra damage if i use incandescent heart?
Life isn't what you make of it, it's already been made for you.
I'm trying to make some changes and use the new blackflame ring for chaos ignite damage

I've changed it for malachais ring, and replaced gem phaserun for withering step... I don't know if the damage is higher, I think so, but it's more fun to play.
"
Xiagu wrote:

It looks like PoB has a bug where the +1 to level of active skill gems is applied to Fire Burst even though it's not a gem, so it's not quite as good as it looks. (I'm pretty sure that's how it works, but can't test in game...)

If you have Atziri's Promise up, then Immolate actually beats it out. Without Atziri's Promise, it's slightly lower, but it's very slight. It's much cheaper to get; you can get a 21/0 Immolate for a couple chaos, and this is on par with a 4/20 Awakened Added Chaos.

Ah that is interesting, I am running both now. I dropped ignite prolif after switching to awakened gems, so I have combustion and added chaos.

"
IverzonX wrote:
I'm trying to make some changes and use the new blackflame ring for chaos ignite damage

I've changed it for malachais ring, and replaced gem phaserun for withering step... I don't know if the damage is higher, I think so, but it's more fun to play.

I actually made this build as a blackflame build originally, but was able to beat it in PoB with a non blackflame version so that is what I ended up going with.

https://pastebin.com/mWrqGQEJ

There is the PoB I came up with for it. It may be missing some stuff, once I was able to get an extra 1M dps without the ring I neglected that version. I do love me some purple!
Put up another video of the build. Just ran a quick t16 + Ultimatum. In case any of you were wondering how it performs in red maps. Went over a few changes.

https://youtu.be/4TkJkO1FmI4
"
bodhe wrote:
"
Xiagu wrote:

Ah that is interesting, I am running both now. I dropped ignite prolif after switching to awakened gems, so I have combustion and added chaos.

"
IverzonX wrote:

I actually made this build as a blackflame build originally, but was able to beat it in PoB with a non blackflame version so that is what I ended up going with.

https://pastebin.com/mWrqGQEJ

There is the PoB I came up with for it. It may be missing some stuff, once I was able to get an extra 1M dps without the ring I neglected that version. I do love me some purple!

oh I see.. well thank you anyway.. great build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info