[3.15] Fire Burst Elementalist - Use (almost) any skill (or none) in the game.

I know its rude to do this here BUT:

All for sale: PM me here or in-game!
I was eying this build as my league starter. Can anyone who played it estimate if it is still working or was it hit by the nerf bat way too hard?
Cooldown increased by 50%, significant damage nerf to the ability itself directly and fire damage over time nodes and clusters heavily nerfed. This with the support gem nerfs plus the golem version being killed by the elementalist nerfs, I think it's dead or at the very least it won't be terribly fun/smooth to play.
Last edited by Chen93 on Jul 21, 2021, 7:47:26 AM
As Chen93 said, It will still function but it will be much slower, for general farming it should be ok. Bosses will not be fun.

PoB went from 4.7M to 1.3M DPS. lol.
"
OpusDiaboli wrote:
I was eying this build as my league starter. Can anyone who played it estimate if it is still working or was it hit by the nerf bat way too hard?

I posted all my stuff earlier, my build had about 10m~ clear dps, 2.5m shaper dps, Non-golem build.

After loading its 1.9m Clearing - mostly because of loss of a curse from Awakened Hextouch.

It wont be "Good" by any means now, it should be fun to play still; but its dps was cut by about 60-80% depending on build layout.
https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/q6waoe/iron_will_is_now_a_keystone_passive_on_the/

with this new keystone what are your thoughts on going scion or chieftan and strength stacking for this build
From 3.16 patch notes
"
Fire Burst (Granted by the “Cast Level 20 Fire Burst on Hit” Essence Modifier) now deals 752 to 1127 Fire Damage at level 20 (previously 1122 to 1683). Now has a 1 second Cooldown (previously 1.5 seconds). It now has 170% Effectiveness of Added Damage (previously 250%). Because of base Ignite damage changes, Ignite with the skill is now 67.5% higher.

67.5% sounds like this build is back?

I'm so excited.
"
gefjunhel wrote:
https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/q6waoe/iron_will_is_now_a_keystone_passive_on_the/

with this new keystone what are your thoughts on going scion or chieftan and strength stacking for this build

Won’t work. Increases to spell damage will have no effect on your ignite damage.
Last edited by IceColdPorkSoda on Oct 16, 2021, 11:50:52 AM
"
Rahr012 wrote:
From 3.16 patch notes
"
Fire Burst (Granted by the “Cast Level 20 Fire Burst on Hit” Essence Modifier) now deals 752 to 1127 Fire Damage at level 20 (previously 1122 to 1683). Now has a 1 second Cooldown (previously 1.5 seconds). It now has 170% Effectiveness of Added Damage (previously 250%). Because of base Ignite damage changes, Ignite with the skill is now 67.5% higher.

67.5% sounds like this build is back?

I'm so excited.

That basically makes up for the 67% base damage nerf, and since ignites are calculated from that damage it seems to be essentially in the same place. Unless you were scaling the ignite via added damage, in which case it is now worse. But it should clear nicely again because of the cooldown?
Fire Burst seems to end up at exactly the same damage as 3.15, just with better quality of life. Sad I was hoping this would get buffed for real.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info