[3.15] Fire Burst Elementalist - Use (almost) any skill (or none) in the game.

"
Rhothgarr wrote:

Hello man,

I am running a modified version of Satirever's build that he shared in this forum discussion. Using golems, divine flesh etc. It is really tanky, I am currently level 99 and doing both mapping and bossing with this build and have no issues whatsoever. Killing Sirus deathless everytime he spawns, the only time I died while bossing was really just The Feared invitation with the 100% aoe mod for challenge. And there is no swapping of gear and gems involved. ;)

Here is the basic configuration PoB for my current build in case you wanna take a look: https://pastebin.com/yDzxJm9e

Though my build is already pretty min-maxed (only upgrade I am going for is double malevolence mod watcher's eye and maybe hunting relevant lab enchants), with 20-30ex budget you should be easily able to put together tanky build with bit less dmg. Prioritize balancing resists and attributes, level 21 golems are big boost and are cheap, you can use Berek's Respite instead of Hooves if you want, there are many things you can do with this template, the PoB is modified for my taste. For example I am currently not using Wave of Conviction because I don't really need it, can't reliably inflict Fire exposure and I am socket starved for QoL. So you can get good dmg boost if you can make sure that the biggest hit is from Fire. You can also switch ascendancy from Bastion of Elements to Shaper of Storms for bit dmg boost from shock, or Mastermind of Discord for exposure. I am using Bastion so I can run elemental reflect.

Hope this helps a bit, let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for how to make the build better.

Also big shout out to Bodhe and Satirever for such an amazing build. :)

EDIT: Added vaal nodes from Glorious Vanity to the PoB.

So I swapped to this Golem version with Berek's respite (needed boots for resistances) and even though I dropped to ~3600 HP it feels insanely more tanky. Easily clearing T16 Ultimatums as well as any Conquerers on A9.

Had a question on what distribution of golems you use though? Right now I'm using 2 of each except Ice golem just for some redundancy since golems do temporarily die in Ultimatums and other heavy content.
Chen, you should be using lightning golem, not ice golem. Ice golem does nothing for this build
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Chen, you should be using lightning golem, not ice golem. Ice golem does nothing for this build

Im using:
Stone
Chaos
Flame
Lightning (in ring with EE)
Ice

The build has 9 golems available, I was just curious on how to distribute them since their buffs don't stack. I went with redundancy on all except Ice (which seems to be the least impactful).
ah sorry missed the lightning in the ring. You don't really need ice golem, it would free up a much-needed gem slot for something else.

The way I do it is 2x chaos/stone/flame and 3x lightning. Whatever golem is NOT linked to empower in my setup I do 3 of in case they die.

Eventually, I'll get a helm with +2/3 minion gems and drop empower in favor of an extra enhance
Just wanted to thank OP for posting this build.

It was a fantastic template to play and toy with. Learned a lot during this league from the hands off style of gameplay, I could focus more the atlas and where/how to farm more efficiently.

I spent the vast majority of the league playing and fine tuning the build in my own direction; mostly from items I either found or crafted myself - minus a few bases.

I started this as my second character of the league with 100c and bought the 2 rings and boots suggested in the build. The 100c was spent on the Hysteria's.

I have cleared Maven and Sirus Deathless a few time on the build, probably the easiest DoT I've made to clear this caliber of gameplay.

After spending a whole lot of currency and time on the build this is how it ended. (The gloves not what I planned on ending with, but getting very specific rolls and resists are too annoying to bother with.)

The clearing DPS is about 7.3m DPS w/o frenzy charges 8.2 with.

Weapon swap for is for Rampage during ultimatums since all I do is run and drop a few brands.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/kfTPrnbH

My gear:
Last edited by The_Killex on Jun 18, 2021, 9:34:02 PM
@killex: you must be an ultra pro at dodging attacks. Your build and gear suggests an extremely low life pool with paper thin defenses haha.

I like the idea of sinvicta on the swap, ive done that for other builds but didn't think about it for this one mainly due to laziness but its an easy swap.

Curious why you would use Culling Strike in your MS/Frostblink setup. They would almost never produce a killing blow. I would maybe use increased duration for MS instead?

Also, given that you use Anger, I would maybe use Combustion in your fireburst set up instead of awakened chaos since the "more" multi on fire damage would provide higher overall dps and additional "double dipping" from the Gain #% of fire as added chaos.

I'm stll trying to figure out how you can manage ultimatums on the upper end of maps, since even with my golem setup and abundant life pool I die pretty regularly. Granted, I'm not the best dodger but I do have almost 100% uptime of phase run and berserk, plus tons of regen and phys reduction that you don't have and I still get wrecked
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
@killex: you must be an ultra pro at dodging attacks. Your build and gear suggests an extremely low life pool with paper thin defenses haha.

I like the idea of sinvicta on the swap, ive done that for other builds but didn't think about it for this one mainly due to laziness but its an easy swap.

Curious why you would use Culling Strike in your MS/Frostblink setup. They would almost never produce a killing blow. I would maybe use increased duration for MS instead?

Also, given that you use Anger, I would maybe use Combustion in your fireburst set up instead of awakened chaos since the "more" multi on fire damage would provide higher overall dps and additional "double dipping" from the Gain #% of fire as added chaos.

I'm stll trying to figure out how you can manage ultimatums on the upper end of maps, since even with my golem setup and abundant life pool I die pretty regularly. Granted, I'm not the best dodger but I do have almost 100% uptime of phase run and berserk, plus tons of regen and phys reduction that you don't have and I still get wrecked

So, the way the build works is you're basically always moving. So for the most part, you're never locked and can dodge most anything that comes your way pretty easily. Also since Frost Blink is instant; You can cast it while in animation of the only 1 spell, Storm Brand, and be just fine.

I have about 3k hours in the game, so I'm no pro or anything, but if you check the PoB, I have about mid 60% physical dmg reduction with normal max resists minus chaos which is 60%. 75% attack block and 50% spell block thanks to Glancing blows. all of this with 6.1k HP. 350hp regen/s, immune to corrupted blood, and a very good amount of leech from Doryani's lesson and the repeated attacks from HoT, which triggers all of the CWDT. like 4 spells per 2-3 HoT attacks.

Culling strike is kind of a remnant of my old setup before I bought the A. Hextouch; it was on my storm brand (it still would be but my chest kept a red instead of blue), however it is still pretty useful on elder/shaper/sirus guardians, Sirus, and maven for the last few %. As for molten shield, I actually used Immortal call 99% of the time, and had it autocast on left click - swapped to test if it was more useful and forgot to link that gem. kind the beauty with the build IMO, I swapped gems all over the place until it kinda settled to this.

I will be completely honest, I have no actual idea how Combustion works. I'm assuming if a ball lightning hits with combustion linked the debuff will take effect, since its autocasting every like 2~ seconds I assumed the damage would be more beneficial. PoB also says its about 1% more DPS with A. Chaos Damage, but it would free up a link for Ball lightning for say, culling strike. So you may very well be right with overall better socket. Will probably test that, appreciate it!

I've had almost no problems in most maps, even in fairly juiced maps. Ran a 100% Delirious t16's a few times and it just takes a couple extra laps of running around enemies to work. Uber Elder /w maven watching was kind of a pain, I died 3 times mostly because I'm bad at the fight. This build cant do "The Feared" as Uber Atziri has innate elemental reflect which is just impossible. Sirus at A9 is actually a joke for the build though.

@jsuslak313 , The build can pretty much be as tanky as you can make it become if enough money is put into it. check the PoB, you might be surprised by how tanky it can actually be. I
So doing the Golem version and I've been able to kill up to Uber Elder pretty easily. I'd like to increase my damage a bit though and I can't see what I'm missing.

My staff is garbage but even if I swap to a GG staff like the Killex had it only increases my POB damage by around 120k.

Am I missing something in the config? Or is there some other big damage source I'm missing?

PoB: https://pastebin.com/MjL0Bzch
Hey, thanks for posting this build - my first back playing after about a year off. There seem to be a bunch of different ways this build can go. Anyone want to give me some advice? Ive got about 4ex to spend and some time. I really dont know what to do next other than try and level and save more $. And...great i dont remember how to post my gear haha. Well, my profile is public, only toon in league. I'll edit this when I figure out my shit. ty!
@chen: killex does not have a GG staff...he has a max block staff. Check out my staff and its near-GG damage. His Fire exposure mod does nothing because he is not hitting with the staff, and you already get exposure from wave of conviction. Your lightning mod is local to staff attacks and not spells.

GG weapon = ignite speed, Fire multi, DoT multi, Gain #% of fire damage as added chaos, burning/fire%

Make sure your Wave of Conviction is dealing fire damage as its highest output

You are missing dps mods on EVERY piece of gear...blizzard crown is the biggest damage boost. With no mods, it gives you 11% more damage.
Helm: nearby enemies -x% fire resist, ignites deal damage faster
Gloves: Apothecary implicit, Fire Dot, Fire damage to burning enemies
Boots: faster ignite or CDR

If you get even half of those mods your dps will probably double, if not more than that.

Don't forget elemental penetration does nothing for this build. Neither does local flat elemental damage, you need elemental damage with spells. But really you need DoT multis and faster ignites. They all multiply fast and strong

Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jun 21, 2021, 2:26:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info