[3.15] Fire Burst Elementalist - Use (almost) any skill (or none) in the game.

"
bodhe wrote:
"
Silvragon wrote:
any tips for damage in boss fight? I already wear "the taming" but the damage is really questionable. PLus herald of thunder doesnt seem to proc :D. The clearing is great though!

The rest of the boss setup is swap Storm Brand in for Herald of Thunder and turn off anger so EE still procs.

Then you just drop a brand on the boss and run around in circles, hit them with WOC every 4 sec to proc exposure and curse.

Boss dps will always be mediocre, its a clear/ultimatum build first and foremost.

oh thanks :D, anotherq question, so anger will make EE not proc? should we just take anger out and sub for another aura?
"
Silvragon wrote:
"
bodhe wrote:
"
Silvragon wrote:
any tips for damage in boss fight? I already wear "the taming" but the damage is really questionable. PLus herald of thunder doesnt seem to proc :D. The clearing is great though!

The rest of the boss setup is swap Storm Brand in for Herald of Thunder and turn off anger so EE still procs.

Then you just drop a brand on the boss and run around in circles, hit them with WOC every 4 sec to proc exposure and curse.

Boss dps will always be mediocre, its a clear/ultimatum build first and foremost.

oh thanks :D, anotherq question, so anger will make EE not proc? should we just take anger out and sub for another aura?

If only wraith or hatred added flat damage it would be perfect. Otherwise no DPS curse comes close for normal play. You could swap in a defensive curse like grace or something.

"
bodhe wrote:
"
Silvragon wrote:

Boss DPS is nuts in my opinion with the right gear. Currently, I do not swap anything doing bosses or mapping.
By far the most satisfying build I've played in recent years.
I have a blackflame - can't decide between selling it now while prices are higher to help fund this fire ignite version or if I keep at it and build chaos ignite. And then there are Golems...can't decide on those either lol.

Well I have time I guess - super casual and given how hysteria is now 70+c it'll be a month before I can afford one.

I'm aware this is a bow and not a staff, but just want to check whether this is this a good implicit to essence craft or is fire damage as extra chaos damage better?
Last edited by JokeAllyouwant on May 17, 2021, 11:58:57 AM
"
satirever wrote:
Making my own version of this at the moment.

Differences in gear:

Amulet and jewels - primordial chain, Anima stone and two eminences give 36-ish flat phys damage reduction with a level 22 chaos golem and clusters which is huge. Expensive right now but it's similar or better damage than a rare Amulet and flat damage jewels with huge defensive (Regen and phys res) upside.

I also run an enduring composure small with +2 endurance Max clusters for a total of 56% flat phys resist before flasks or armor. Also allows cwdt immortal call.

Clusters - larges are 8passive primordial bond for good damage boost and defense boost.

Divine flesh with Xibaqua jewel with 3x born of chaos for 89-90% max chaos res depending on your Xibaqua seed.

Chest - incandescent heart is amazing. All damage ignites so the 20% elemental to chaos is a huge dps boost. 25% elemental hits taken as chaos also means your effective ele resists with divine flesh is over 85%.

Helm - blizzard crown rare is by far BiS here for the huge flat cold damage at no downside since damage is ignite.

Malachai's is great. Second ring is emberwake - huge dps boost, as you get two ignites easily from prolif and abberaths.

Storm brand to apply fire burst to bosses and keep mobile.

All in all, should have 56% flat phys reduction before flask/armor, 85-90% after, ~85% ele resist to hits and ~82 to dot, 89% chaos res, 1.2k life regen and cwdt immortal call

Otherwise fairly similar.

Do you have a PoB for this version you're running?
Am newb, why the staff just have support gems and no active gem to support ?
Why is not even linked ? how this works ? .-.
Last edited by L1feless on May 17, 2021, 9:56:51 PM
Been running this build as my first mapper and I love it! Even managed to 1v3 my friends in pvp lol. I do have a question though, how does blood rage fit in? Should I just cast it for bosses? It makes phase run end so damn quick if I use it as a left click.
"
tenw30d wrote:
"
satirever wrote:
Making my own version of this at the moment.

Differences in gear:

Amulet and jewels - primordial chain, Anima stone and two eminences give 36-ish flat phys damage reduction with a level 22 chaos golem and clusters which is huge. Expensive right now but it's similar or better damage than a rare Amulet and flat damage jewels with huge defensive (Regen and phys res) upside.

I also run an enduring composure small with +2 endurance Max clusters for a total of 56% flat phys resist before flasks or armor. Also allows cwdt immortal call.

Clusters - larges are 8passive primordial bond for good damage boost and defense boost.

Divine flesh with Xibaqua jewel with 3x born of chaos for 89-90% max chaos res depending on your Xibaqua seed.

Chest - incandescent heart is amazing. All damage ignites so the 20% elemental to chaos is a huge dps boost. 25% elemental hits taken as chaos also means your effective ele resists with divine flesh is over 85%.

Helm - blizzard crown rare is by far BiS here for the huge flat cold damage at no downside since damage is ignite.

Malachai's is great. Second ring is emberwake - huge dps boost, as you get two ignites easily from prolif and abberaths.

Storm brand to apply fire burst to bosses and keep mobile.

All in all, should have 56% flat phys reduction before flask/armor, 85-90% after, ~85% ele resist to hits and ~82 to dot, 89% chaos res, 1.2k life regen and cwdt immortal call

Otherwise fairly similar.

Do you have a PoB for this version you're running?

Check my profile - I only have one Ultimatum char and that's it. I'm currently in the process of changing it over to use enduring cry for extra tankiness though so build might change in next few days.
Curious on this POB also, can only see so much in the profile link. On a side note, what golem setup do you use with 9 golems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info