20 Users Banned for Exploit Abuse

"
dehogynem wrote:

it's not "fine". if there is a bug in the game, the developer should fix it. Until it is fixed you are just playing the game. You are not doing anything "illegal" which would make it okay to ban you.

in most games for example the TOS clearly state that exploiting a bug is against it an can lead to a ban. even lifetime ban. haven't seen it here, but why should it be anything else ? in multiplayer titles the integrity of a game is a important thing.

for example

CoD Warzone (Activision):
"Any user who abuses an exploit in game code or other established rule of play is subject to penalty.[...]"

Blizzard (ALL games):
"License Limitations. Blizzard may suspend or revoke your license to use the Platform,[...]
cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;"

just two. this is common practice. need more ?

i mean... with your logic, i could drive with 200km/h in the city... since the car can do it, why not ? if they don't want me to do it, they should build in some mechanics to avoid that.
no mercy for cheating and bug abusing ! >intentional< bug abusing is on one level with cheating in my eyes.
Last edited by aHz1984 on Apr 21, 2021, 8:22:48 AM
As the ban goes against the account and not the player they have lost nothing. The guild still has officers, so they can just join up again. The currency they got from the exploit is on their trader or guild stash or already traded away, no loss there. They don't even need to stop streaming. Only loss is the equipment on the characters, which is one hour farming per head for them. These bans are entirely PR. Hell, one could even speculate they were paid to participate in the PR stunt. After all, money makes everything fair.

GGG may act as if this proves their integrity, while it actually points towards the opposite. And that's how it ends, it seems.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
dda550 wrote:
You are not supposed to ban people just because they discover bug and use it. This is downright unacceptable.

Wrong. Exploiting is clearly against the Terms of Service / End User License Agreement.

Exploiting is using a known bug to your advantage.

Not only did they exploit the bug but they advertised the bug for others to use. Textbook rules violation.

It's just a shame "rules for thee and not for me" has reared it's ugly head again at GGG.
I tried snorting coke once. The ice cubes got stuck up my nose.
"
encore1809 wrote:
GGG, you really think we're gonna believe that there was only 20 ppl abusing this?

Of course not, that substantial Twitch channel was advertising the exploit to a huge community. Guaranteed these 20 weren't the only ones.

However, the intention was obviously that this group has been made an example of for others to see and correct their ways: don't break our rules or we'll permanently ban you (or temporarily ban you if you give us enough money).

How effective that strategy is, publicly, we'll have to wait and see LOL
I tried snorting coke once. The ice cubes got stuck up my nose.
20 accounts only? i believe 100+ out there... they just don't show off like Twitch streamers
Funny thing is they check like Covid by number of 20 available kits (larf)
Last edited by darkforce1985 on Apr 21, 2021, 10:33:39 AM
streamer privilege of being only temp banned for a league while others who exploited league stones or used thir party tools you decided werent allowed anymore over night got perma banned.

GGG Hypocrisy.
GGG refuses to buff Melee and gives every surivability tool to Spell/Ranged/Minion Builds because they dont play the game or at least melee themself.
[Removed by Support]
-The Truth
"
"
cgexile wrote:
It's like if I found a box in a corner of a map that always popped out a mirror and so I started popping it over and over and over, am I cheating? I mean I didn't code the game to generate a mirror out of this one box. I'm not the programmer of the game. Do I know that this feels wrong as it may constitute abusing the game? Yeah probably

I would just like to take the time to highlight this absolute GEM of a post.

[Removed by Support] the reason exploiters continue to justify their exploiting known bugs: someone else to rationalize exploiting and encourage them to keep going.

[Removed by Support]

1. You took my post out of context.

2. You don't understand what an analogy is.

3. I agreed with the ban.

4. You attacked me and labeled me as toxic because [Removed by Support]?

5. Labeling people as toxic on a forum is - mildly - against ToS [Removed by Support].
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Apr 21, 2021, 12:13:47 PM
"
aHz1984 wrote:
"
dehogynem wrote:

it's not "fine". if there is a bug in the game, the developer should fix it. Until it is fixed you are just playing the game. You are not doing anything "illegal" which would make it okay to ban you.

i mean... with your logic, i could drive with 200km/h in the city... since the car can do it, why not ? if they don't want me to do it, they should build in some mechanics to avoid that.
no mercy for cheating and bug abusing ! >intentional< bug abusing is on one level with cheating in my eyes.

Well this is where YOUR logic is false. Comparing real life to a video game...? ?? really?
Do you really think driving with 200km/h in the city and have a high potential to kill multiple people is the same as playing a videogame in a way that benefits you?

Again, if the devs dont want people to play the game that way, they should fix it. Remember when Detonate dead (or any skill that was ever OP at some point) was OP as ****? People played it, abused it, cleared content in 20 sec, and than GGG changed the skill, how is that different than this?

"
dehogynem wrote:
"
aHz1984 wrote:
"
dehogynem wrote:

Well this is where YOUR logic is false. Comparing real life to a video game...? ?? really?
Do you really think driving with 200km/h in the city and have a high potential to kill multiple people is the same as playing a videogame in a way that benefits you?

Again, if the devs dont want people to play the game that way, they should fix it. Remember when Detonate dead (or any skill that was ever OP at some point) was OP as ****? People played it, abused it, cleared content in 20 sec, and than GGG changed the skill, how is that different than this?

He's logic is pretty accurate. Abuse of unintended errors is against the terms of agreement. Do it and you risk the fact of getting punished. Comparing it to cardriving makes completely sense. You can go against the rules. You can try to get away with it. But once caught, don't cry and take it like man since you know what you're doing is wrong and might have consequences.
Last edited by MyBallsOnYaChin on Apr 21, 2021, 12:51:24 PM
amen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info