20 Users Banned for Exploit Abuse

I have been very critical of Poe recently...
In this case however its fair enough.
Will it affect solo players? I don't really play with people in leagues so I'm afraid I won't get any loot from it
"
GorYase wrote:
Will it affect solo players? I don't really play with people in leagues so I'm afraid I won't get any loot from it

#EndGroupPlayRewards

Group play should have higher difficulty, but no extra rewards. Group play in PoE actually lowers the difficulty, and raises the rewards. This is wrong and needs to be changed. Change this, and people like [Removed by Support] will no longer play this game - and that's a good thing.
Last edited by Rebekah_GGG on Apr 20, 2021, 11:07:03 PM
After looking at Grinding Gear Games public financial statement showing a $50 MILLION dollar profit last year, the pack I bought just before this league started will be the LAST red cent I give to GGG for a long time.

Financial Statement: https://bit.ly/3aqVoxP

Their entire payroll was ~3mil. Server costs totaled all of $6Mil. Profit? FIFTY MILLION.

$50,000,000 profit.

I've had enough of these ridiculous launches and a slap on the wrist for cheaters.

GGG, you have MORE than enough money to TRIPLE everyone's pay and STILL have a $44 million dollar profit.

Isn't that enough money to hire more testers or decide to pay for a higher quality testing firm?

It was a mistake to give you any more money. Fortunately, I actually learn from my mistakes.
I tried snorting coke once. The ice cubes got stuck up my nose.
Last edited by PoorDecisionsTV on Apr 20, 2021, 3:29:40 PM
"
Kadamose wrote:
"
GorYase wrote:

#EndGroupPlayRewards

Group play should have higher difficulty, but no extra rewards. Group play in PoE actually lowers the difficulty, and raises the rewards. This is wrong and needs to be changed. Change this, and people like [Removed by Support] will no longer play this game - and that's a good thing.

This isn't true. Monster HP / difficulty is scaled UP based on the number of people in the map.

That's why it's harder to carry 5 other people through a Shaper fight (as an example) than it is to solo.

Rewards are also scaled up slightly.

XP is only really rewarded to those doing damage, too, so you can't just just follow along behind doing nothing and expect significant xp gain.

Group play in PoE has always been broken and terrible. That fact, the one you're wrong about, is why GGG are making group play a specific focus for adjustment in PoE2.0
Last edited by Rebekah_GGG on Apr 20, 2021, 11:07:54 PM
"
After looking at Grinding Gear Games public financial statement showing a $50 MILLION dollar profit last year, the pack I bought just before this league started will be the LAST red cent I give to GGG for a long time.

Financial Statement: https://bit.ly/3aqVoxP

Their entire payroll was ~3mil. Server costs totaled all of $6Mil. Profit? FIFTY MILLION.

$50,000,000 profit.

I've had enough of these ridiculous launches and a slap on the wrist for cheaters.

GGG, you have MORE than enough money to TRIPLE everyone's pay and STILL have a $44 million dollar profit.

Isn't that enough money to hire more testers or decide to pay for a higher quality testing firm?

It was a mistake to give you any more money. Fortunately, I actually learn from my mistakes.

I'm with this dude/dudette.
Nevermind
Last edited by Joergensen92 on Apr 21, 2021, 10:54:37 AM
"
"
Kadamose wrote:
"
GorYase wrote:

#EndGroupPlayRewards

This isn't true. Monster HP / difficulty is scaled UP based on the number of people in the map.

That's why it's harder to carry 5 other people through a Shaper fight (as an example) than it is to solo.

Rewards are also scaled up slightly.

XP is only really rewarded to those doing damage, too, so you can't just just follow along behind doing nothing and expect significant xp gain.

Group play in PoE has always been broken and terrible. That fact, the one you're wrong about, is why GGG are making group play a specific focus for adjustment in PoE2.0

For bossing, this is true - for the most part. For mapping, it's an entirely different story. The difficulty is actually scaled down while mapping and with massive rewards (50 quantity and 50 item rarity per person in the party, for a total of 300/300). By using Octavian's party magic find build, those numbers can go all the way up to 500/1100. Insane loot drops that a solo player would never see in a 1000 lifetimes of playing. This shit needs to go away. I'm sorry that you don't agree, but, you can't fix stupid.
Last edited by Rebekah_GGG on Apr 20, 2021, 11:10:15 PM
"
Joergensen92 wrote:
Have you SEEN any other league start from [Removed by Support] group? Like literally any of them? Those sorts of loot explosions are completely standard for that group.

Nice strawman argument.

Nobody here is arguing what the standard loot quantity or rarity is in any particular group (or discussing justification for exploiting and advertising that exploit like you're doing defending them).

It's a shame those accounts will ever be unbanned but that group's effectively free advertising (because that's what Twitch is) raises money for GGG so they're willing to look the other way or slap the cheaters on the wrist to keep them in the game and thereby keep their money coming in.

It really is a huge insight into what's more important to Chris and GGG: money or the game. It used to be the game and he sure does talk up a wicked defense of making unpopular decisions for the good of the game but at the end of the day nothing matters more to Chris than the dollar and we have proof recently.

That's why $100Million was dividended out to TenCent and Chris Wilson instead of investing it back into the game.

If it were you and I doing these same exploits, our accounts would be perma'd.
Last edited by PoorDecisionsTV on Apr 20, 2021, 4:01:53 PM
Are their guild stashes banned too? So they can't just hop on another account and use what they put in there as well?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info