20 Users Banned for Exploit Abuse

nice PR move chris
maybe people will forget all the duped currency at the start of the league if you just turn their attention to something else
There are two things on my mind currently which I would like to share with you guys.

1. If somebody told me ''GGG plans to give streamers an advantage by removing the queue times at league start'' I would have told that person that he is out of his mind and that GGG is the last company on planet earth to give some of their players an unfair advantage. hmmm...

2. If somebody told me ''GGG banned 20 streamers for an entire month for heavily exploiting the league mechanic and basically destroying the economy at league start'' I would tell him that this is quite frankly impossible, GGG would permanently ban such people who knowingly exploit stuff like that. hmmm...

So I am wondering, is this still the GGG and the Path of exile I used to love ever since 2011?
I am kinda sad and disappointed to be absolutely honest, but who cares about me right, I'm not a streamer with thousands of viewers dragging people/money into the game.
Well done GGG. The only thing i might add, is that you should have done it perma ban. You know these guys have been exploiting league after league.

But its the first step in the right direction.

Keep it up and thanks for the work.
Last edited by FightFW on Apr 20, 2021, 4:09:53 PM
"
Johnny21 wrote:

So I am wondering, is this still the GGG and the Path of exile I used to love ever since 2011?
I am kinda sad and disappointed to be absolutely honest, but who cares about me right, I'm not a streamer with thousands of viewers dragging people/money into the game.

Nope, definitely not the same company. Ever since they were bought out by Tencent, quality control has gone way down. Granted, they do run a tight ship, just like the communist party of China - unfortunately, PoE is now a product of China, and we all know that the 'Made in China' tag is something to be weary of, especially when buying batteries, clothing, or electronics. PoE feels like a 'Made in China' product now, and I won't be supporting it anymore. Let communist China and the useless streamers pay the bills.
Kia kaha Chris!
"
GKPlight wrote:
"
If you uncover an exploit in Path of Exile and abuse it for your benefit, we will ban you.

The usual problem with it :
We are suppose to use any mechanic of the game for our benefit.
How to know if something is intended, or is an exploit ?

Pretty sure anyone with a speck of common sense can tell when a mechanic is working as intended and when it's an exploit.
Last edited by eralduspr on Apr 20, 2021, 4:50:16 PM
"
Johnny21 wrote:
There are two things on my mind currently which I would like to share with you guys.

1. If somebody told me ''GGG plans to give streamers an advantage by removing the queue times at league start'' I would have told that person that he is out of his mind and that GGG is the last company on planet earth to give some of their players an unfair advantage. hmmm...

2. If somebody told me ''GGG banned 20 streamers for an entire month for heavily exploiting the league mechanic and basically destroying the economy at league start'' I would tell him that this is quite frankly impossible, GGG would permanently ban such people who knowingly exploit stuff like that. hmmm...

The reason why it's probably not a perm ban is because the reality is - a reality people seem to overlook because of bias against those players which I am guilty of as well - that they were just playing the game. No 3rd party apps were used to "cheat" even though players are quick to use that C word.

It's like if I found a box in a corner of a map that always popped out a mirror and so I started popping it over and over and over, am I cheating? I mean I didn't code the game to generate a mirror out of this one box. I'm not the programmer of the game. Do I know that this feels wrong as it may constitute abusing the game? Yeah probably, but even that is entirely subjective. What if you are a new player and you don't actually know any better and you're popping a mirror out of a box over and over because you don't know any different; assuming that this is fair game and intended? These guys knew what they were up but technically they were just playing the game that they didn't code, and that is why it's not a permanent ban.

I won't shed a tear, trust me lol, but one has to look at this objectively instead of immediately reaching for the pitchforks. I don't like the impression that streamer and his gang give to players who watch his stuff so, again, no lost love there, but they were just playing the game (and chocking the server(s)).

✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Apr 20, 2021, 4:50:15 PM
So just to confirm we ARE going to get the loot rates fixed with ultimatums at some point yes? Because we went from "WOW this is actually worth my time and effort reminds me of delirium" to "farming piety because that's the highest level content we have so far" lol
Am I the only one who thinks this is really, really stupid?
I can imagine getting banned for memory editing, hooking and modifying important game files, but this is something that was possible in-game.
[Removed by Support]

Edit: Well this is certainly interesting! Simply criticizing the QA team and the game without harsh namecalling or anything leads to 'Removed by Support'
Thanks for confirming to me that we're getting censorship straight from China.
Last edited by DarkKaine on Apr 20, 2021, 5:03:26 PM
I think that GGG should not publish such posts, they are bad and spread hatred in game society

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info