20 Users Banned for Exploit Abuse

"
GKPlight wrote:
"
Kadamose wrote:

By the way, if it were anyone else, me, you, or anyone else on this forum, we would have permanently lost our accounts. Let that sink in a bit before you decide to support GGG again.

hundreds of people did it, but only the streamer (so with video showing that they did it) are ban.

so they only banned 20 streamers?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Okay, this was a dumb move. Oh don't get me wrong well deserved but, there has been exploits every single league since I started playing in Harbinger League. Why now?
Why all of a sudden are you guys going to FINALLY start cracking down?
Like a child who is spoiled, they don't respond well to suddenly being punished.
The solution is to find and fix exploits BEFORE THEY HIT YOUR TEST LEAGUES!!!

They've gotten away with stuff like this for literal years, why crack down now all of a sudden? ALSO FYI... You could do exactly the same thing in the (stand in the circles) missions. Never stand in the circles and viola! infinite loot again.

This is 100% on the fault of GGG for being dumb asses who prioritize quantity over quality. "Oh let's get those leagues out every 3 months" YEAH did you idiots EVER think that MAYBE.. maybe that's too fast? Oooh no but then you'd look weak if you did 3 leagues a year every 4 months. Why not spend an extra month deliberately trying to break your mechanic to find exploits before they hit the live leagues? Four days... It took FOUR EFFIN' DAYS for someone to find an exploit you thought FINALLY was ban-able and yet, you couldn't be bothered to test the mechanic for this? If you had tested the league properly, then you'd have found the exploit.

Let's recap things.. Botched league launch, streamers get queue priority. THEN a simple "south park-esk" Oh yeah, we're sorry post for literally being money hungry dumb asses (streamers bring in money so gotta give them special privileges). Now a ban for an exploit you could EASILY have caught if you'd have given a damn.

Yeah I'm going to finish my bleed build then move on to another game (or just play standard). This league is really the worst league in a long while and your responses and solutions to it have been even worse.

I was only starting to think it but now, I'm certain. Path of Exile is going downhill fast. You guys better hope PoE 2 is worth the hype because if you fail that launch. GGG is not going to survive as a company since Diablo 4 looms on the horizon. All Blizzard has to do is get their heads out of their asses, exploit your constant failures, knock one out of the park and your ride as THE ARPG will be over. Fix your brains or mark my words. You will lose your player base.
"
GKPlight wrote:
"
If you uncover an exploit in Path of Exile and abuse it for your benefit, we will ban you.

The usual problem with it :
We are suppose to use any mechanic of the game for our benefit.
How to know if something is intended, or is an exploit ?
It is the responsibility of the game developer to not have bug/exploit in their game.

That's my fear. That'll run into something someday, especially at a league start when everything is new and different, and not realize that some great thing isn't working as intended.

This reminds me of the trialmaster trial I had where the first stage NEVER ENDED. I just went on and on and on killing 100's of monsters until finally I couldn't take it and died. I feel like the game exploited me. :D
"
DieAbolicaL wrote:
if an exploit exists its on the devs not the players. bans are too harsh

+1
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Uoykai wrote:
"
DieAbolicaL wrote:

If you find exploit you should report it and not use it anymore.
But not use it to your heart's content.

how are you supposed to know if its an exploit?
its a brand new league with many newly added mechanics etc

PS i have no idea what the exploit is or anything. also playing SSF so don't overall give a shit.
but in this instance, i'd give the benefit of the doubt and say a ban is too harsh

Lets think about that question for a moment. 6 guys. 1 Guy running in and out repeatedly, purposely, to delay the timer to force the wave to last infinitely. 5 Guys Killing massive waves. MASSIVE loot dropping that I'm sure wasn't the design of the game. You making mirror worth of currency with zero effort. If GGG wanted that to be intended they would have announced and said, Hey Look at this cheesy thing that we INTEND you to do with your buddies.

That's if I understood correctly that this "method" is what was being done. Personally, I really hate lack of information. But there was so little information that I had to dig how he was exploiting abit to understand GGG's definitely of "exploiting" since different companies interpret this differently than others.

With that being said though, I feel that common sense would tell you if you are exploiting the game in a way that shouldnt be. Besides the 3 month ban is more or less a warning. I feel like if they did it again, they won't be back for good. But I'm not GGG so who knows. They do need income so maybe 2nd offense perma ban's may not be there thing.

Last edited by xRev703 on Apr 20, 2021, 2:36:32 PM
JUSTICE SERVED 😁😁😁😁Simple as IT is 😎
"
DimlyLit wrote:

This reminds me of the trialmaster trial I had where the first stage NEVER ENDED. I just went on and on and on killing 100's of monsters until finally I couldn't take it and died. I feel like the game exploited me. :D

Wow. :D After I wrote that and then continued reading, I read something about an Ultimatum not ending. So does that mean I actually ran into the bug being talked about? If so, lucky for me I didn't benefit. I was pissed because I wanted the item I was trying for and it was just the first round which usually ends real fast.

A little confused about the haters of this league. I like that new mechanic at least for getting decent rare items for the character when it is new.
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Uoykai wrote:
"
DieAbolicaL wrote:

If you find exploit you should report it and not use it anymore.
But not use it to your heart's content.

how are you supposed to know if its an exploit?
its a brand new league with many newly added mechanics etc

PS i have no idea what the exploit is or anything. also playing SSF so don't overall give a shit.
but in this instance, i'd give the benefit of the doubt and say a ban is too harsh

Oooh my sweet summer child...they know, they really know.

And what bother me the most is the fact that (in a certain way, (reduced loot)) everyone got punished; and THAT is not fair (again)

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Rebekah_GGG on Apr 20, 2021, 11:13:30 PM
"
JUSTICE SERVED 😁😁😁😁Simple as IT is 😎

A 3 month ban is not justice - he, and his goons, will be back next league with their $1000+ accounts unblemished, and they'll ruin that league, too. This is not justice at all. This is a glorified PR stunt, to try and win over the hearts and minds of those who feel like they have been wronged this league with the streamer priority crap. That genie isn't going back in the bottle, though - as much as they wish it would. Now almost everyone is aware of the other streamer perks, such as hidden streamer RNG multipliers. GGG will do anything in their power to try and sweep this under the rug as much as possible - the next logical step in their campaign to fix this shitshow is deny, deny, deny. And many people will believe it - it'll be the same people who don't think that Wall Street is rigged. You can't fix stupid, and GGG is banking on it.
"
GKPlight wrote:
"
If you uncover an exploit in Path of Exile and abuse it for your benefit, we will ban you.

The usual problem with it :
We are suppose to use any mechanic of the game for our benefit.
How to know if something is intended, or is an exploit ?
It is the responsibility of the game developer to not have bug/exploit in their game.

Have you SEEN the video? It literally nearlyh crasehs the server with drops, I highly doubt your meant to get 1000+ highley sought after items from a single instance of a ultimatum.

This isn't like finding out that a certain ultimatum has a higher drop rate of say headhunters, this is finding out that if you run this ultimatum and run it nonstop for a hour or two you get infinite loot. Thats demonstrably a exploit and something in no way intended.

To me a exploit that might not be bannable is like I mentioned, if you do X you can get twice as much exp or loot. Say for instance running heist and your able to keep getting exp from some mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info