20 Users Banned for Exploit Abuse

To me this seems like a way to try to prove your integrity to the community after allowing the streamers to skip the queue at launch. Looks like you found a well known streamer group, to act as a kind of scapegoat, that had a bit of hate from the community after the ''life isn't fair'' speech and banned them for the rest of the league to gain favor with the community. There are so many broken interractions to make currency during the start of every PoE league (just look at some of the completely overtuned atlas bonuses from last league), that it can be very hard to distinguish the line between an exploit and bad balancing imo. And usually all of these terribly overtuned interractions are allowed to be exploited until fixed, but now you decide to drop the hammer on a very convenient target? Seems a bit suspicious to me. I am pretty dissapointed in the way GGG has been handling themselves lately.

All that being said, the league and the game is awesome these days, and I hope you get back on the right track ethics wise.
"
TheVeon wrote:
"
GKPlight wrote:

We exploited harvest to target craft exploding body armor.
When we exploited the tag system, was it taking money in a non-locked car ?

That's not exploiting. It was not a bug. This was, and abusing a bug to profit is exploiting. Deterministically crafting explody was using the tag system without abusing any bugs, it was very powerful and thus GGG has nerfed both Harvest and explody. Remember they said Harvest was never returning because it was game-breaking and they knew this.

Here, it was not a bug either. There is condition to end the ultimatum. And as long as the ultimatum don't end, mob spawn in high number.
So you could, by not fulfill the condition to end the ultimatum, make mob spawn in high number for as long as you want.
All worked as intended.
This is 100% the devs fault. Why ban people for using mechanics in the game YOU made for us. just fix the thing and oh well, some people profited a bit off of your mistake. ban is total bs
"
This is 100% the devs fault. Why ban people for using mechanics in the game YOU made for us. just fix the thing and oh well, some people profited a bit off of your mistake. ban is total bs

They really need to hire a QA tester that always think of exploiting and then plug those exploit in internal build first......
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
tvinkkk wrote:
why drop so low now ?

This is because of the hotfix to prevent the exploit from happening. We aim to fix this up as soon as we can in the morning.

Just the trial of chaos drops or the whole game?

Anyway waiting for Wednesday patch....
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

"
neohongkong wrote:

They really need to hire a QA tester that always think of exploiting and then plug those exploit in internal build first......

thats way too much to ask for. ggg hates QA.
it's even too much work to write an automated module test to test scaling of a database :D
that would mean some costs.

it's way cheaper to just skip all this stuff.
and in ggg superextreme way, they make even profit out of this, because the players pay to test it.
why should you hire and pay one to test stuff when others pay you to test it themself ? :D

this is ggg :D
good move.

bu as other users said, naming it "ban" reminds me on the "internet flatrates" i get permanently offered that restrict me on internet usage at a point.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
right choice, could be even worse punishment when i thick about maphacks or RMT
"
aHz1984 wrote:
"
neohongkong wrote:

thats way too much to ask for. ggg hates QA.
it's even too much work to write an automated module test to test scaling of a database :D
that would mean some costs.

it's way cheaper to just skip all this stuff.
and in ggg superextreme way, they make even profit out of this, because the players pay to test it.
why should you hire and pay one to test stuff when others pay you to test it themself ? :D

this is ggg :D

Some offtopic

I wonder is GGG forever crunch due to the fixed 3 months cycle, unlike other game that have long dev time to have a finished product

(similar constantly updated game, Warframe, Destiny 2, not sure have this issue or not)

"
Caulder10 wrote:
"
DieAbolicaL wrote:
if an exploit exists its on the devs not the players. bans are too harsh

probably why it is just a 3 month suspension really, not an actual ban.
also GGG has no issue with people making other accounts so its not like these players can't play for 3 months, they just cant use their ill gotten items.

these guys ALWAYS exploit the game every league. GGG really should just hire them to beta test so there aren't ALWAYS exploitable errors.
It says plenty about the player's personalities that they do, but it is ultimately GGG's fault for always having these exploits that pass their QA team.

He was always toxic, and I’m talking about his times before PoE. He was a prominent member of <ZE> aka Zero Empathy clan in Diablo 3, that were always famous for exploiting, using illegal 3rd party tools (thud) and botting on main/secondary accounts. In fact, Detox (one of more normal ZE members) described ZE as a group that always is trying to find an edge, exploit or game mechanics and abuse it. It’s about personality perks - or lack of thereof - that he has.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info