Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

"
Emfx wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to write this up, I'm sure you guys have been busier than ever.

The biggest issue I had with queue bypass was: why were the streamer's friends, who either do not stream or have insignificant influence on marketing, also able to bypass the queue, such as Empyrian's group, ZiggyD's girlfriend, etc.?

Also, reset the league.

Edited to add now that some replies have come in:

The overwhelming majority of replies both here (easily 90%+) and on the subreddit are calling for a complete rollback and reset of the league when the fix is implemented.

You say you strive for a fair and level playing field on new leagues? Then put your money where your mouth is instead of empty words, and provide that to your players.

Oh, and look into the duped currency. Some dude is allegedly linking stacks of Exalted Orbs in chat on Ultimatum already.

very well said.

Besides all the technical issues, which can happen, even to the best, never forget where you came from Chris.

Many of us played this game when Ledge Runs were considered "Late Game", many of us got multiple more people into poe, explained them why they should buy stashes, influenced friends to spend money because we told them that this mtx looks good, and we never asked you for any priority because we wanted to support the game.

I feel really bad about the non streaming racers, the whole thing yesterday was a spit in your face move against all the racers, hardcore supporters and every noname player, so basicly against nearly everybody who made you rich in the first place.

Edit; Have you any solution for the duping problem? If no, then this league is damned to fail, people already figured out how to dupe stuff yesterday 2 hours into leaguestart.

Last edited by Kane1992 on Apr 17, 2021, 6:06:37 AM
Restart the league
Reset the league !
Please do not reset the league.
"
We will not allow streamers to bypass the login queue in the future. We will instead make sure the queue works much better so that it's a fast process for everyone and is always a fair playing field. We will also plan future marketing campaigns with contingencies in mind to better handle this kind of situation in the future.

Who cares what Way you find next time. The Damage is done already. You nerfing Items like crazy to keep up the Competition but allow stuff like this? This League is a big joke and not worth spending a minute in if you don't restart it entirely.

#ResetTheLeague
Last edited by Blutgarde on Apr 17, 2021, 6:07:52 AM
Hi,

very fair response by CatmasterOP here, I think (after the first disappointment):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojxUgB5fsao

But yes, reset the league plz and good luck with fixing problems...
obey - consume - marry and reproduce - submit - watch t.v. - trust the internet - conform - do not question authority - sleep - buy - do not think - die

Force always attracts men of low morality. - Albert Einstein
Restart League
Uninstalling if no rollback. Also, I feel offended by allowing streamers to bypass the queue. What else you guys do for streamers? Dropping items they ask during the stream?
Pardon My English.
Just wanted to thank you for posting your insights.
Always nice to hear about it.

I'm glad i decided not to take part in this and take my time.
There was no build/skill that was interesting for me and the past has shown that GGG has a different vision for PoE compared to what i enjoy.

Maybe it will change in the future but for now i won't play it.

Otherwise @Novynn i'm very glad that there are finally some officiall developer docs!
Love seeing https://www.pathofexile.com/developer/docs/index

Whish a team of GGG and all players good luck with their efforts whatever that might be.

Hearing more and more about "streamers luck"
Can someone at GGG confirm that this is just "false"

I didnt put much credence in these rumors, but seeing GGG giving preferencial treatment when it comes to jumping the que, makes me wonder if there are "benefits" certain streamers might enjoy????

I dont mind them getting access in terms of inteviews with devs or access merchandize or even getting MTX for free for doing sponsored content.

But... anything that effects the in game economy like higher drop-rates, early access to a league etc is basicly cheating and is absolutly NOT OK!!!

Pls would love an official respons to these concerns, and i know im not the only one having htem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info