Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

If I may offer a suggestion...

I fully understand when accidents happen, that nobody wants performance issues, players and devs alike. It has always impressed me how quickly and diligently GGG is capable of resolving these issues. Things we as an ARPG community know have crippled other companies.

The PR mess regarding streamer priority would have taken some planning. A great idea in theory, it would have remained relatively unnoticed if it weren't for Murphy's Law. But the mentality was misplaced. I have no interest in competing on the ladders, so this doesn't affect me, but many respect that PoE has always allowed a fresh and unbiased gameplay experience for all.

Giving priority to streamers creates a bias and unfair advantage. In others industries, when a racer is sponsored by the company hosting the race for PR purposes, they are exempt from any rewards the race offers. In this spirit, it would only be appropriate that future sponsored streamers should only be allowed the advantage of a head-start in a private and independent ladder from the rest of the league.

Make it an event. Launch it an hour BEFORE the league actually opens to the community, so that players can watch their favorite streamers while waiting for the game to finish updating and queuing up. Allow any streamer with a specified audience count to enter this pre-game PR event. There's a lot that can be done, but don't mix "business" with pleasure.
Money changes everyone - including GGG. Google's model way back when they were fledglings was 'don't be evil'. Guess what happened? They not only became evil, they became the beast. GGG is the same. They let it get to their head, and now it is a love-hate relationship among all the fans who supported this company; soon, it will be a pure hate relationshiop, just like Blizzard Activision. This just shows that even GGG is not exempt from entropy. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
"
Crixxzz wrote:
The matter of streamer prioritisation is simply a terrible mistake.
An apology supported with a clean reset of the league would sort it out. But it seems there is no reset.

Disappointing to say the least. See you at the next league!

see you at the next league?????
all will be the same. with the next league, and the next, and poe2 (really is poe 1.5, becouse uses the same graphical engine.)

i quit the game.
i dont want to play a game with accounts arrengement and streamers prio/rng

trying Last epoc, and awaiting Diablo 2 (Dad) Resurrect.

please Blizzard learn about this things.

oh i forget. is year 2021. keep with the oneshoot offscreen. are really super fun.

so no free box either?
I just started playing Path of Exile a bit before the "Ritual" league ended, and now I feel like I need to start over. Does every league basically force a restart to get the new continent? My characters now say standard league since Ritual ended, but will that also happen once Ultimatum ends? I want a game that will allow an existing character to have full access to new content as continually restarting after putting in a ton of work is pointless.

Please advise if Ultimatum League is going to basically leave your characters converted to Standard League when you choose to add a different league...
"
RMcCants wrote:
I just started playing Path of Exile a bit before the "Ritual" league ended, and now I feel like I need to start over. Does every league basically force a restart to get the new continent? My characters now say standard league since Ritual ended, but will that also happen once Ultimatum ends? I want a game that will allow an existing character to have full access to new content as continually restarting after putting in a ton of work is pointless.

Please advise if Ultimatum League is going to basically leave your characters converted to Standard League when you choose to add a different league...

all league characters go to standard after league end and you have to start over every time unless you play in standard where casual players can actually finish a build. GGG does stand for Grinding Gear Games where the grind never ends
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
I don't really mind 50ish people got some kind of advantage.
I don't really mind that GGG is not resetting the league.
I didn't mind the frequent crashes (back in Ritual league).

I just wanted to play - when the game was launched.

It was something to look forward to .... like a race, I just wanted to be in it. Clearly couldn't and now that I am able to, I just can't seem to get back into it, have only logged 2.5 hrs playtime total as a result.

"
spaceace7373 wrote:
"
RMcCants wrote:

all league characters go to standard after league end and you have to start over every time unless you play in standard where casual players can actually finish a build. GGG does stand for Grinding Gear Games where the grind never ends

You constantly grind in most MMO's the big thing here is that you have to start from scratch every time there is new content in order to enjoy the new content. I guess I can just chalk that up to poor game design...
"
RMcCants wrote:
You constantly grind in most MMO's the big thing here is that you have to start from scratch every time there is new content in order to enjoy the new content. I guess I can just chalk that up to poor game design...

just stay in standard and ignore the league... every 3 months roughly you get to play new content. enough good people stay in standard and that makes it worth not playing the league for me. no more starting over makes the game much better
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
"
RMcCants wrote:

just stay in standard and ignore the league... every 3 months roughly you get to play new content. enough good people stay in standard and that makes it worth not playing the league for me. no more starting over makes the game much better

Not to mention that, by the time Leagues content reaches Standard, they are bug-free (or close)!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info