Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

well i wont be playing no more on the principle of it not being fair with the streamer priority yes it might of been removed now but the damage is done
"
Erasculio wrote:
"
Petrowskys wrote:

Totally agreed. No more supporting this company from now on. Streamers can pay the bills.

Considering how clearly this game is now aiming to help the streamers and not the common player, your statement is spot on.
THE DEEP SMELL OF YOU.. DANGEROUSLY MATCHES THE PERFUME INSIDE OF ME..
IT MUST BE MY HEART YOU ARE AFTER..
IT MUST BE MY LUNGS YOU ARE BREATHING FROM..
WE ARE NOT THE WINNERS OR THE LOSERS..
OH BABY WE ARE THE FIGHT ! ! !
"
Actordaz wrote:
Seriously, have you heard yourselves bitching n moaning over a couple of hundred streamers getting priority to bypass the queue, half of which they paid, so these streamers can show off their game (which is free). It's called marketing people, and lots of companies do exactly the same thing, and if you think they don't then you're highly delusional. Also, 90% of the streamers that did jump the queue are playing hardcore and or ssf, so this did not impact the economy 1 jot, so you can stfu about that too.

Also, on the misinformation still going round regarding streamer luck in terms of loot. THAT DOESN'T EXIST!! No matter what anyone spouts in terms of conspiracy theories regarding this aspect, it isn't true. Yes they got to jump the queue to show off their game, (which won't happen again), streamers DO NOT GET BETTER LOOT just because they are streamers!

Wind your necks in and stop being so damn entitled all the time. You dont wanna play the game, fine, don't let the door hit you on the way out. You don't wanna support the company. Fine, entirely your right to do so, but stop being so damn entitled that you think you deserve anything from anyone. Get over it. Life isn't fair.

Still sane exile? I am because i refuse to pander to whiney little entitled idiots.

Hahahahahaha.
You're so naive my friend.
I'm a full-stack software developer for 20 years. Implementing streamers RNG, it's 2 lines of extra code, to check a player's id in a memory cache, and set a chance multiplier to every drops calculation.

I personally think that not just streamers' RNG exists, but some more other tweaks in GGG's source code. The world is so corrupted.

Dear players, please don't be naive, especially after this incident, and Chris's confession.
"
rxl wrote:
well i wont be playing no more on the principle of it not being fair with the streamer priority yes it might of been removed now but the damage is done

same here. it's not like i wouldn't like to play. i'd like to.
but at this point it's a pure principle-thing.

THIS is the true "betrayal"-league.
too bad they used the name already in 2018.
why this topic is not available on the Russian - language version of the site? Or do you think we don't care? You did a nasty thing. I've idolized your company since 2012. You were a bright spot in the shit of other organizations. But this division of people has ruined you. I hope you will give comments in a future video.
Last edited by ruci2008 on Apr 19, 2021, 5:44:39 AM
"
ruci2008 wrote:
why this topic is not available on the Russian - language version of the site? Or do you think we don't care? You did a nasty thing. I've idolized your company since 2012. You were a bright spot in the shit of other organizations. But this division of people has ruined you. I hope you will give comments in a future video.

Whoa....that is a very good question posed by ruci2008. This topic was only posted on the English site.....
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
“Server issues” on this scale -- avoidable but can / does happen. With the passage of time we play the game and it's less of a big deal.

The way GGG handled "streamer priority" is, in my view, entirely different.

A spur-of-the-moment bad GGG decision? Yes, but why? What’s the root cause?

Why did some streamers, almost immediately, say “this is not right, take me off the priority list” while others chose to be complicit -- and in one case at least, put down viewers who took exception?

Root cause in both cases is, I think, the same:
GGG, and the particular streamers at fault, lost sight of what’s really, really important -- (a) doing the right thing (b) putting the customer, the community, the viewer first.

The streamers who said (early, not six hours later) “this isn’t right, take me off the list” have my respect – doing the right thing was, in that moment, more important than anything else.

And in this precise context, where is GGG?

Did no one at GGG think of putting the community and the customer first? Why didn’t anyone say “stop, this isn't right”?

If in fact someone at GGG did say “hey we shouldn't do this ” and GGG proceeded to do the streamer priority thing, then in a sense that’s some encouragement -- it would mean that someone actually thought of putting the community first, someone actually did think "hang on, is this the right thing to do?". It would be much more concerning if no one saw the situation with values that placed the community and the everyday, ordinary customer first.

Heat of the moment and “literally setting a big pile of money on fire”?? GGG just had a year of distributing cash dividends of NZD $102.9m (USD $73.5m @ 0.71) * to shareholders.

Cash derived from the community, from customers, from everyday people who play and support the game. It came from the very people GGG failed to put first.

"Streamer priority" is bad enough as it is, but selective steamer priority takes the hypocrisy of "fresh economy!" and "level playing field!" to another level.

In this case, your actions really did speak much louder than your words. Not the GGG I once admired.

* Source:
Grinding Gear Games Limited Annual report for the year ended 30 September 2020
Page 8, Statement of cash flows
Last edited by Sinaranu on Apr 20, 2021, 3:10:06 AM
"We will be best friends exile, until we ninja nerf you, ehahahaha". Chris Wilson probably.
"
Emfx wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to write this up, I'm sure you guys have been busier than ever.

The biggest issue I had with queue bypass was: why were the streamer's friends, who either do not stream or have insignificant influence on marketing, also able to bypass the queue, such as Empyrian's group, ZiggyD's girlfriend, etc.?

Also, reset the league.

Edited to add now that some replies have come in:

The overwhelming majority of replies both here (easily 90%+) and on the subreddit are calling for a complete rollback and reset of the league when the fix is implemented.

You say you strive for a fair and level playing field on new leagues? Then put your money where your mouth is instead of empty words, and provide that to your players.

Oh, and look into the duped currency. Some dude is allegedly linking stacks of Exalted Orbs in chat on Ultimatum already.

A lot of crying over nothing really.

Whether they were being paid or not the streamers are a huge amount of free publicity, and advertising. Their being able to play while most of us couldn't is by no means going to break the League or the Economy. They are a very very small percentage of the entire player base.

If you are that butt hurt over it it is easy enough. Go ahead hit Alt + F4 and either go read a book or play something else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info