Extremely Slow Queue Processing

"
cibelina wrote:

As a dev I can understand and empathize and even forgive that a league launch has so many failures, no matter how many tests you do, there can always be something that goes wrong, and that does not change my perception of GGG at all.

What I find much more difficult to empathize with is the priority in queues and servers for streamers, although I could understand and forgive it from a business perspective.

But what is totally unforgivable is the way it has been done, and continues to be done, without a statement from GGG about the actions that were going to be taken with respect to streamers and the reasons for doing so.

The marketing / communications department (or Chris it self) has done things so absurdly wrong that they have shown that the "Streamer's luck" meme is not a meme but a reality.

All of us who are developers know that these tools existed (something totally normal) but it cannot be demonstrated, now with that dark and hidden way of establishing the priorities of the streamers it is GGG itself that has demonstrated it, showing the entire community not only that these tools exist but that they are willing to use them in opaque, hidden and totally unethical ways with the rest of the community, and that is going to kill your reputation as a ethical/fair company for the rest of your life.

And all this could have been avoided with a simple statement about what was going to be done and why.

Also working in IT but in a manager role. What I don't appreciate is it's the same pettern league after league. In our firm, once something goes wrong, the next day we have a meeting and talk about Lesson Learned, what to do to avoid such situations to happen again. I hope they will -finaly- take a good lesson and apply permanent fix. I mean here, better load balancers, better servers, bandwith, anything that comes in place to improve world wide experience.
For me me its like "Endless Ledge" ( to The Coast and re-log) OMFG
Just had a 12 minute rollback. Yes, I managed to make it from A4 start to crystal mines, and then I crashed and it rolled back to the start of A4 again. I lost 4 levels in the process too. LOL. This is getting to be ridiculous.
Wow, just wow.
Dc'd ~160 times...

It's been funnier to play the forum than read the game... oh, wait...
"
ettanportion wrote:
"
Gondalen wrote:
"
ettanportion wrote:
As if it matters that 50-ish streamers get "special treatment" (which I doubt they even do as Mathil and Quin are constantly getting disconnected). It is literally a non-issue.

its not about streamers not goin to dc its about gettin bypassed with the queue

So? Still a non-issue. The problem is that the servers are fucked. Of course GGG will prioritize those who market the game for them, it's nothing to cry about.

you and me we may not be intrested in racing, but there are players that are, what u think this queue bypass means?!
I try and be a very open minded person as to things that go on. I understand that things come up and problems arise...

But its been seven hours GGG. SEVEN fucking hours.

I normally look forward to a league drop the day of. I take 6 hours off of work. What did I take 6 hours of work off for today? Shit. Absolute dog shit.

Giving streamers priority on queues? Even more shit. Thankful for people like Ziz that told you guys youre dumb as fuck for even having that in the first place.

You are so worried about micro transactions that you can't even fix a game thats been out for 10 YEARS! I honest to God hope nobody buys your overpriced outfits except for the streamers.

I am done with this fucking game. There is so much more that I could have of done with my time off then wait for your small ass brains to realize "Oh wow, we have a problem, we should probably fix it before we release it."

So I will say this one time and one time only, thank you for wasting my fucking time.

Pick a date in a few days and completely roll back and restart this season. Your choices to prioritize streamers have damaged your reputation with your players and provides an unfair advantage to those players in both game mechanics, pace, and economy.
cannot enter act 2.
second dc after defeating merveil and trying to enter.
this is ridicioulus
we deserve better than this, chris. played on/off since Legacy, loved the game partly because I loved the company. today it's a huge letdown. Disappointed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info