[3.18] Aziire's Cold Reap Inquisitor - Revived for 2022 | Sentinel League Starter

"
korwinchiu wrote:
I've been following the guide but my dps seems way low at 200k or so. I'm checking against the YT end game build but can't seem to find where i'm off.

Mine: https://pastebin.com/Hrwg5hNq
Reference: https://pastebin.com/kLN6bY35

Any advice?

From a POB administrative standpoint you need to check a few of the config boxes (Do you have Avatar of Fire/Is the enemy Ignited/Is the enemy on Consecrated Ground/Exposure Type:Fire) to get all of the accurate calculations.

Advice for getting damage up:

1) Gems wise lvl 21 Reap will help, awakened added fire and awakened fire pen are both fairly cheap.

2) Making your Arcanist brand cast Assassin's Mark as well will be very helpful. I think if you rearrange gems so that you have 3 auras on your weapon and 3 on Prism (I personally went Zealotry/Vitality/Purity in weapon, VDiscipline/VGrace/Ash in Prism) you don't need to worry about reduced reservation via that one jewel or enlighten and it opens up a gem slot for Mark.

3) Awakened Spell Cascade won't show any damage increase in POB, but it will be GIGANTIC in actual application, maybe the best individual purchase in the core self-cast build.

Other notes: You can save a passive point by refunding the two nodes to the left of Arcanist's Dominion and connecting the tree to the left of Thunderous Salvos.

Additionally, Self-Cast damage is always going to look a bit low on POB because it doesn't calculate Unleash re-casts and Spell Cascade overlap. I wrote a longer post on that on the last page if you want to take a look for reference.

Cheers!
"
cerealbawks wrote:
"
korwinchiu wrote:
I've been following the guide but my dps seems way low at 200k or so. I'm checking against the YT end game build but can't seem to find where i'm off.

Mine: https://pastebin.com/Hrwg5hNq
Reference: https://pastebin.com/kLN6bY35

Any advice?

From a POB administrative standpoint you need to check a few of the config boxes (Do you have Avatar of Fire/Is the enemy Ignited/Is the enemy on Consecrated Ground/Exposure Type:Fire) to get all of the accurate calculations.

Advice for getting damage up:

1) Gems wise lvl 21 Reap will help, awakened added fire and awakened fire pen are both fairly cheap.

2) Making your Arcanist brand cast Assassin's Mark as well will be very helpful. I think if you rearrange gems so that you have 3 auras on your weapon and 3 on Prism (I personally went Zealotry/Vitality/Purity in weapon, VDiscipline/VGrace/Ash in Prism) you don't need to worry about reduced reservation via that one jewel or enlighten and it opens up a gem slot for Mark.

3) Awakened Spell Cascade won't show any damage increase in POB, but it will be GIGANTIC in actual application, maybe the best individual purchase in the core self-cast build.

Other notes: You can save a passive point by refunding the two nodes to the left of Arcanist's Dominion and connecting the tree to the left of Thunderous Salvos.

Additionally, Self-Cast damage is always going to look a bit low on POB because it doesn't calculate Unleash re-casts and Spell Cascade overlap. I wrote a longer post on that on the last page if you want to take a look for reference.

Cheers!

All great points, thanks! I changed the config and indeed the stats went up. I've got awakened added fire/pen on wep2 levelling the gems up and awakened spell cascade is just way too exp at 10ex.

Last thing i'm trying to figure out is how to get crit rate up. With assassin mark, i'm at about 80%. Other than nodes, does this build rely mostly on righteous providence to get crit capped?
"
korwinchiu wrote:

All great points, thanks! I changed the config and indeed the stats went up. I've got awakened added fire/pen on wep2 levelling the gems up and awakened spell cascade is just way too exp at 10ex.

Last thing i'm trying to figure out is how to get crit rate up. With assassin mark, i'm at about 80%. Other than nodes, does this build rely mostly on righteous providence to get crit capped?

First off, just swap in the awakened gems. The point of them is that at lvl 1 they're better than their level 20 non-awakened counterparts. Should see that if you just look at them in comparison.

My final build (POB below) was at 89% crit chance w/o Assassin's mark which is honestly fine. Anything that you don't cast brand onto dies instantly anyways regardless of crit, and anything you do (bosses, etc) will be at 100%. Capping crit is amazing obviously but it isn't as crucial as it is for the COC build.

That said, strength stacking helps a bunch. I ended up at 643 without trying too too hard, but I also had been pushing anyone who can to switch from Cleansed Thoughts as an amulet anoint to Utmost Might if you can get chaos res capped without it. That alone usually gave ~80 str which is also +80 crit chance and +8% ES thanks to Providence and Shaper's Touch.

If I'm reading your POB right I think you have pretty bad rolls on Astramentis (maybe divine once or twice if you're already anointed), and i think Astramentis and Cyclopean haven't had Intrinsic Catalysts applied to buff their attribute modifiers. They're cheap, would highly suggest doing that.

Any other questions feel free to ask. Again, POB is below.

https://pastebin.com/SjqZLd93
I tried importing the pob, and everything seems fine aside from one fact. You arent able to run a third aura on prism. it puts you at negative health.

So grace goes out the window.

I'm not sure how you missed that part, but even going for all the reduction of reserved cost doesn't bring it to a positive number.

According to POB you have -30% reserved HP or -1650 hp.

Using the link here
https://pastebin.com/szkJuErg

Yes, I'm using Community fork and it is fully updated.

Edit: Switching Herald into shield and Grace to weapon seems to have solved the issue, slight oversight in the build?
Last edited by Hornet001 on Jul 1, 2021, 1:19:10 PM
"
Hornet001 wrote:
I tried importing the pob, and everything seems fine aside from one fact. You arent able to run a third aura on prism. it puts you at negative health.

I'm not sure how you missed that part, but even going for all the reduction of reserved cost doesn't bring it to a positive number.

Using the link here

Edit: Switching Herald into shield and Grace to weapon seems to have solved the issue, slight oversight in the build?

I showed my aura setup a couple of posts back, I ended up at 999/5712 unreserved. Make sure you have 'enable grace' and 'enable discipline' checked if you have the vaal versions of both. COC can go to 1% unreserved life since you use mana to cast cyclone, but self-cast has to have some more unreserved to be able to cast Reap which costs life.
"
cerealbawks wrote:
"
Hornet001 wrote:

Using the link here

I showed my aura setup a couple of posts back, I ended up at 999/5712 unreserved. Make sure you have 'enable grace' and 'enable discipline' checked if you have the vaal versions of both. COC can go to 1% unreserved life since you use mana to cast cyclone, but self-cast has to have some more unreserved to be able to cast Reap which costs life.

Found the issue!
The Prism guardian in the initial post has the text "Reduced mana reservation" which community fork does NOT apply to life reservation.
Removing that item and adding it again fixes the text and the reservation.
Last edited by Hornet001 on Jul 1, 2021, 11:40:09 PM
Wanted to try this build in upcoming league, but now in a huge doubt due to changes in CoC mechanics that make procs cost resources. Since we are using low life, CoC can kill us. Any ideas?
I know its the end of the league right now but im trying to figure out how to setup my skills so I dont need to worry about hitting shift just to use default attack (act 3 with spellslinger) should I set left click to move only and right click to default??
"
Toughest26 wrote:
Wanted to try this build in upcoming league, but now in a huge doubt due to changes in CoC mechanics that make procs cost resources. Since we are using low life, CoC can kill us. Any ideas?

I don't believe COC would kill you since self-cast can't kill you (just stops you from casting it). One of the cool changes though is that COC would be able to build Blood Charges where it couldn't before. That'd be a HUGE damage increase for COC Reap
Am interested in starting with this, but curious what adjustments are necessary for 3.15.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info