[3.14] Aziire's Reap Inquisitor - Atlas's Grim Reaper | Ultimatum League Starter

TLDR:
Path of Building Link
This is slightly out of date, and some items are broken in PoB causing weird calculation issues. Import my profile Aziire and character Reap_GodKingStreamer for my current build.

Path of Building Link for CoC
This is more reflective of my current end game.

Videos:
Video Build Guide

How to Level with Reap

Mapping with Reap, How to Switch to CoC

End Game with Reap

Build List:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688401

For the Path of Building I use the Community Fork. It is exactly the same as PoB but better, and very easy to install. Link here.

Update:
The End Game video above is the most up to date information. This is the build in its final form, I will be combing through and reflecting all these changes to make one neat and coherent forum guide. Thank you for bearing with all the growing pains. Sorry for my lack of presence on the forum, easiest way to get help has been through discord but I do appreciate my forum boys as well.

Hey everyone, I hope you are enjoying the build so far and have a great start to Ultimatum League. Quickly writing this update to let you know that there have been a few small changes. To follow along with changes more accurately please either visit my Twitch (where I have been live for degenerate hours) or visit my character Profile. This is the most up to date changes and I am tweaking the build on the fly. I have responded up to Page 10, personal note for myself :).

CoC Reap Variant (My current End Game):
Spoiler
Path of Building Link for CoC

This version of the build is currently far superior. The quality of life for engaging with the Ultimatum mechanics is amazing and honestly trying to do them while Self Casting was basically a guaranteed death. I got up to Tier 10s personally self casting and made the switch.

The twitch clip below shows how to navigate the Path of Building :)

https://clips.twitch.tv/YawningExquisiteGalagoNomNom-PYWQlRRc-P36h6cI

Changes:
Spoiler
We grab Practical Application just above the Witch start in order to increase our chance to avoid Stuns, which is one of the things making this build hard to survive on. Also use The Brine King as your Major Pantheon.

Our skill gem setup at the moment is Reap > Unleash > Spell Cascade > Elemental Focus > Controlled Destruction > Fire Penetration. This setup has felt best to use so far. Once we get Vulconus make sure to remove Elemental Focus in place for something like Faster Casting or Increased Critical Damage.

Intensify and Spell Echo didn't feel as good as I originally planned. Sorry for anyone that might have still been using them and not enjoying the skill as much. This saves us 3 Passives though as we can remove Intensity on our Passive Tree. We also remove Precision on the left. Now that we are using Unleash we go for Thunderous Salvos at the top of the Passive Tree.

Build Intro:
In Ultimatum we will be dismantling and cleaving our way through the Atlas with the new physical spell Reap. At first glance we all thought Reap was an attack, but it turns out it is joining the cast of few physical spells in the game. The skill applies a physical damage overtime debuff on hit which grants blood charges. These blood charges increase the skills damage and cost, and are removed if an enemy with the debuff dies. Making this the perfect skill for all rounded content as we get an automatic single target boost against strong enemies.

A majority of people will want to scale the skills physical DoT multiplier, but that seems boring to me. So instead we are going for a big ol juice scythe that will tear the screen to shreds with its raw damage. Reap has 160% effectiveness of added damage, one of the biggest sources in the game for a skill. By stacking flat damage through Inquisitors Battlemage and then converting and scaling with Avatar of Fire we will be hitting like a truck. Inquisitor is also one of the best for maintaining the ridiculous life costs of thanks to his Ascendancy and location on the tree. A perfect combination :D.

If I was to keyword it all into one title the build would be described as:
Reap Inquisitor STR & INT Stacking Low Life with 100% Fire Conversion using Avatar of Fire, The Ivory Tower and Vulconus.
That's a lot of mechanics :)

If you have any questions jump into my stream and hit me up. I will be streaming daily and it's incredibly easy to answer questions while I am actively playing around with the skill myself :). Otherwise I also do video build guides and actively respond to this thread daily for the first few weeks of a new league.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/aziire

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7vLIcfmXcyxst2uhc9woSg

Discord: https://discord.gg/YTCjmwK

Pros:
- One button setup for easy mapping + Dash :)
- Inquisitor is the best for scaling & sustaining Reap
- Simple gear, we predominantly use Uniques so it's clear what to buy
- Easily interchangeable with other variations of the skill, or other strong meta skills if this isn't your flavour

Cons:
- New skill. These can always have randomly unexpected interactions occur
- My version lacks some damage mitigation, an easy aura swap to fix though
- The life costs are huge. We make significant costs to sustain this
- We don't get to play with any damage overtime sources of damage due to Avatar of Fire

Offense:
- 100% Critical Strike Chance without Flasks, and with Controlled Destruction
- Full fire conversion, focusing on very heavy spell hits
- Insane scaling thanks to so many %more modifiers and Reaps innate damage effectiveness
- I will put Predicted Total DPS here after we receive gem stats :)

Defense:
- 9,000+ Energy Shield on Week 1 gear
- Max Chaos Resistance + Ivory Tower MoM
- 2,000+ Net Energy Shield Regen with Spell Leech and Pious Path
- 2,000+ Net Life Regen which can sustain our huge Reap costs

I've designed the build around Level 95, as that's what I am aiming to reach myself. For the build in general feel free to swap out damage for tanky alternatives (I mention a few) if you feel that is best for your gameplay. I am a greedy soft core player so I don't mind lacking a bit. If you are following the tree in Path of Building, then you can simply go to the bottom left to switch to the levelling trees I have created.

Bandits:
Alira is our Bandit of choice. The Crit Multiplier and Elemental Resistance makes building far easier. It's also just great DPS. Eramir is also always a solid choice as getting Passive Points earlier is always great and gives you more room to breath on the tree.

Level 21 Tree: Click Here | Progressing through Act 2 | Help Alira

Level 34 Tree: Click Here | Up to Dominus

Level 45 Tree: Click Here | Up to Act 5 Kitava | Grab Instruments of Virtue in Lab

Level 63 Tree: Click Here | Up to Blood Aqueducts | Grab Sanctuary in Lab

Level 75 Tree: Click Here | Up to Maps | Grab Righteous Providence in Lab

Level 90 Tree: Click Here | End Game | Grab Pious Path in Lab

Level 100 Tree: Click Here | God Gamer | Medium Cluster + %Max Life

Ascendancy:

TLDR: Instruments of Virtue > Sanctuary > Righteous Providence > Pious Path

Spoiler
Inquisitor received significant buffs in 3.14 Ritual however did not receive the love that he deserved. Luckily this league we are introduced with skill that fit him perfectly, physical spells that cost life. Inquisitor is really in the perfect position and has access to huge life regeneration which will be needed to sustain Reap's life cost. I personally didn't consider other Ascendancies as I am that happy with how Inquisitor will work with the build.

Instruments of Virtue gives 10% more Attack Damage for each Non-Instant Spell you've Cast in the past 8 seconds, up to a maximum of 30% as well as Battlemage which grants Added Spell Damage equal to the Damage of your Main Hand Weapon.

Battlemage is a huge bonus to our spell damage and will serve to carry us through the acts with ease. As soon as you can comfortably do the first Lab get it done and breeze through the rest. Grab the highest flat phys damage two handers you find and whack them on for big damage. Once we get Vulconus this node becomes insane.

Sanctuary makes Consecrated Ground you create apply a 15% increased Damage taken to Enemies effect and You have Consecrated Ground around you while stationairy.

Consecrated ground gives us 6% Maximum Life as life regenerated per second. This alone is huge, and by the time we get this Lab point our Reap costs will start to be getting significantly bigger.

Righteous Providence grants 1% increased Critical Strike Chance per point of Strength or Intelligence, whichever is lower, as well as giving +50 to Strength and Intelligence.

Righteous Providence is huge for us as we are Strength and Intelligence stacking. This point is what allows us to quite comfortably hit 100% Critical Strike Chance. Reaching 500% Increased Critical Strike Chance from Strength is completely achievable by the End Game.

Pious Path. Consecrated Ground you create causes Life Regeneration to also Recover Energy Shield for you and Allies, Consecrated Ground you create grants Immunity to Elemental Ailments to you and Allies and Effects of Consecrated Ground you create Linger for 4 seconds.

While this is our last point it isn't to be neglected. From this node we can so many defensive benefits it is unreal. We practically get 100% uptime to our Elemental Ailment Immunity which is a massive quality of life, as well as 800+ Energy Shield Regen.

Anointment:

TLDR: I'm taking Method to the Madness for defense reasons.
Details
In 3.14 we have the addition of Tainted Oils. You get these from chests in corrupted Blight maps. These allow us to anoint corrupted items. Anointments are incredibly powerful and you should be looking to anoint as early as possible, even if it is just a really cheap passive at first.

For offense passives we have a few options. I have listed them in the order I think is best, but these are all incredibly viable.

Heartseeker | Teal Oil + Crimson Oil + Crimson Oil
+30% to Critical Strike Multiplier

Prodigal Perfection | Zlear Oil + Azure Oil + Azure Oil
Big Spell Damage and more Mana for our defense against Chaos

Disciple of the Slaughter | Amber Oil + Verdant Oil + Golden Oil
Frenzy Charge Generation

This time around I think the defense options far outweigh the profit we might get from taking the offense. I will be switching throughout the ones below:

Constitution | Silver Oil + Golden Oil + Golden Oil
Best for Energy Shield

Method to the Madness | Verdant Oil + Teal Oil + Silver Oil
+1% to Maximum Chaos Resistance and +12% Chaos Resistance

Cleansed Thoughts | Clear Oil + Azure Oil + Golden Oil
Doubles your Chaos Resistance

Aspect of Stone | Violet + Golden Oil + Golden Oil
20% chance to Avoid Physical Damage from Hits

Pantheon:
For your Major God you want to either choose Soul of Lunaris or Soul of Solaris. These are both super solid options and just depends on whether you want to be mapping or bossing more. If you think you won't fuck with bosses then take Lunaris, otherwise take Solaris. I personally use Lunaris as it helps when suicide running into packs like a lunatic, which I do frequently. Lunaris is even more ideal this expansion with Maven and her multi boss arenas.

For your Minor God your best bet is Soul of Shakari. Reduced chaos damage is a nice quality of life. Soul of Abberath makes you immune to Burning Ground which might come in handy if there are any surprises for us in the new Atlas.

Those are your standards and I never really choose anything else.

Reap is a new physical spell skill gem that uses life to cast instead of mana and applies a physical damage over time debuff on hit. Due to our full conversion we will be unable to deal damage with this debuff however we can instead pour our entire focus into our heavy hits. I'll list the Gems in order of priority, with brief explanations in boxes below them as well as alternatives. A side note for Awakened/Alternate Quality Gems. I have them as being used in Path of Building but these are not mandatory and are purely for squeezing out bonus damage. I almost always play with the default skill gems. It's just easier to list the ideal ones so you have something to aim for when min maxing.

Reap > Added Fire Damage > Intensify > Spell Echo > Controlled Destruction > Fire Penetration

Spoiler
Reap gains a Blood Charge when it hits an enemy and loses a Blood Charge when an enemy with the DoT debuff dies. These charges grant 15% More Damage per charge and 20% More Cost per charge.

Self casting Reap and ignoring the DoT allows us to go for really fun combos with gems. Intensify synergises incredibly well with the skills blood charge mechanic allowing us to tear through bosses. Stacking %More multipliers allows us to do some beefy hits. The only gem I am tossing up is Spell Echo. If the skill feels okay cast speed wise without it I will use Concentrated Effect or Increased Area of Effect.

Making sure to not cast too fast is important as we might not be able to sustain above 5 casts per second.

Vaal Discipline > Zealotry > Herald of Ash

Spoiler
This is the Aura setup we will be using in our Prism Guardian to reserve a large portion of our life. This life is then gained thanks to our other unique The Ivory Tower. Alternatively we can swap out Zealotry for Grace and gain a huge defensive bonus thanks to the large evasion boost, which is scaled by our Attribute stacking. I will personally be switching if Red Maps is a struggle for our defense.

Vitality > Herald of Purity > Enlighten

Spoiler
Vitality is crucial as it provides a huge source of life regen for our costly Reap. Herald of Purity is great for getting some extra %More damage as well as sentinels being a nice quality of life.

Summon Skitterbots is technically better damage however it reserves more mana and our mana is our only protection from Chaos Damage. An even safer route would be to only use Vitality and slot our Summon Stone Golem + Meat Shield in this setup. Our Golem would survive for far longer and our Mana pool will be more effective against chaos damage.

Arcanist Brand > Assassin's Mark > Wave of Conviction > Combustion

Spoiler
Arcanist Brand is our all rounder tool for applying a bunch of utility spells/curses. This is mostly for bossing, while fighting just drop a few brands near the boss and it will be cursed by Assassin's Mark. It will also lose a huge portion of Fire Resistance thanks to Wave of Conviction Exposure + Combustion

Summon Stone Golem > Dash > Arcane Surge Lvl 8 > Second Wind

Spoiler
I personally like using Dash as my movement skill. Flame Dash is a great alternative if you prefer that instead. I would recommend sticking with either of these as they are much more reliable in end game boss fights compared to weapon based travel skills.

If you used Summon Stone Golem in your weapon links you can just slot in a Vaal Skill here. Vaal Righteous Fire for a nice buff or Vaal Ice Nova for some assisted clear against mechanics such as Legion (the skill is getting a big buff as well this league).

Cast when Damage Taken Lvl 8 > Frost Shield Lvl 10 > Immortal Call Lvl 10 > Increased Duration

Spoiler
I keep these a lower level so that they can proc much earlier on into my damage taken. If they were max level I could be much closer to death and that is scary (even as a soft core gamer). Frost Shield is a great addition to the setup and reduces damage significantly.

Levelling Gems:
Spoiler
For all the skill links below they are either a reward or purchasable from the NPC's in town after completing the quest in brackets.
In Act 6 Lilly Roths quest will give you access to all gems.

Act 1
-Purifying Flame > Arcane Surge (Mercy Mission) > Added Fire Damage (The Caged Brute)
-Holy Flame Totem (Breaking Some Eggs) > Added Fire Damage
-Dash (Breaking Some Eggs) or if you have a friend or another character get Smoke Mine (The Caged Brute)

If you are feeling adventurous you could try out the new skill while levelling:
Exsanguinate > Added Fire Damage > Physical to Lightning > Elemental Focus

Act 2
Herald of Ash (Intruders in Black), Faster Attacks (Sharp and Cruel)
Add Physical to Lightning (Sharp and Cruel) to Purifying Flame and Holy Flame Totem
Replace Arcane Surge with Trinity (Sharp and Cruel) in our Purifying Flame

Act 3
Grab these gems:
Frenzy (A Fixture of Fate), Reap (Sever the Right Hand), Spellslinger (Lost in Love)

This should be your setup until Act 7:
-Reap > Spellslinger > Physical to Lightning > Exsanguinate
-Frenzy > Faster Attacks
-Holy Flame Totem > Physical to Lightning > Added Fire Damage
-Smoke Mine or Dash
-Herald of Ash if you can afford the Mana with Spellslinger as well

To clarify we use Frenzy as our attack while we have the Spellslinger Aura on. This will automatically trigger our Reap and won't cost us our life, which we probably can't afford comfortably at this point.

Act 7
Once we have Cruel Lab Ascendancy we can switch to Reap and maintain the life cost.
At this point start following the main gems in the guide, if you are having life issues use less support gems.

For our Reaper we actually have an incredibly simple gear buying setup. We use quite a lot of uniques as they happen to synergise extremely well. While it is simple these could balloon in price. They have been relatively cost effective however due to popularity of the new skills they might be costly.

For all the gear options I will embed a Path of Exile Trade link so that you don't have to go search yourself and you can instead just open the link for what you need. These are set to search in Standard Temp Leagues so if you are playing in a different League then change it in the top right.

Recommended Gear:
Spoiler
Vulconus is our weapon of choice. This provides enormous amounts of flat damage added to our spell damage alongside a myraid of other buffs. As we are going Avatar of Fire on the tree we permanently gain the benefits from the weapon which include 50% Phys to Fire conversion, up to 200% increased Critical Strike Chance, as well as increased damage against Bleeding and Ignited enemies (which we apply both thanks to this weapon). It's such an insane option I genuinely thought it might have been nerfed in this patch, but it escaped this time :).

Prism Guardian is our shield for our offhand slot. It's main purpose is to buff our Auras immensely thanks to it's +2 to levels and 25% reduced mana reservation. The downside is it reserves life instead however this is actually perfect for us as the more life we reserve the more Energy Shield we gain through our Body Armour. There is also a whopping 111% Total Elemental Resistance on this thing alone, making our rare gearing not as difficult.

Crown of the Inward Eye takes the cake by far and no other helmet even comes close for this build. Considering we are Hybrid, and use a pseudo Mind over Matter, there are no better options than this cheap guy (after the first week). Getting up to 21% increased Maximum Life, Mana and Global Energy Shield as well as scaling damage based on all three with Transfigurations, this is a dream unique for us.

The Ivory Tower is how we get our ridiculously large Energy Shield pool. Because we reserve 85% of our life we end up gaining over 1,000 flat Energy Shield to scale, which is unreal. It also has the line "Chaos Damage is Taken from Mana Before Life" meaning we can play as a Low Life character without the use of Shavs.

Shaper's Touch are the gloves we will be using. As we are stacking both Strength and Intelligence these accommodate us perfectly. The Strength we stack give us a huge portion of Mana + increased Energy Shield. The Intelligence we stack give us a huge portion of evasion rating which is perfect for Grace as a defensive option.

Rare ES Boots with Maximum Life, Chaos Resistance and Movement Speed are what we are looking for here. Hitting maximum Chaos Resistance is super important as our Mana pool isn't large enough to take unresisted Chaos damage. If you can get one with an empty suffix so you can craft either Strength or a resistance to help you cap them. Go to Show Filters (top right) and lower the requirements if you can't find one you can afford, or for league start.

Astramentis provides us with over 100+ to All Attributes, which is fundamental for our Strength and Intelligence Stacking. It is very important to make sure to use Intrinsic Catalysts on this as it boosts the Attributes significantly. These are cheap so it is worth while doing on even a semi decent one. Check out the Anointment section just below my levelling trees for info on those.

Rare Rings with Chaos Resistance, Elemental Resistance and Maximum Life are what we are hunting for. We have to get a lot of Elemental Resistance here so make sure to search for what will fit for your current resistances. Don't stress if you can't cap out with these though as you can fit an Elemental Resistance on boots as well as on our Jewels, making this not as stressful as a purchase.

Cyclopean Coil is the ideal belt that we want. This synergises perfectly with our other gear that is Attribute stacking already. Early on we want to be using Doryani's Invitation for the Fire Damage Leech as Life. It is one of the only sources of Spell Life Leech we can rely on until we get our Watcher's Eye. It is the perfect early league item however and is great even late into the levels.

For our pots we want to be using:
-Enduring Eternal Mana Flask of Staunching
-Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
-Basalt Flask of Warding
-Jade Flask of Reflexes
-Cinderswallow Urn with Life Regeneration.
Feel free to use a Diamond Flask instead of Cinderswallow Urn until you can afford it. Our Strength won't be high enough for 100% Critical Strike Chance early on anyway.

Max Life + Max Es will make up the majority of our Jewels. If you need to you can squeeze resistance on these and they usually don't cost much extra. Or strength if you are feeling fancy.

Unnatural Instinct is huge for the left side of our tree, an expensive but worthwhile upgrade.

Watcher's Eye with Damage Leeched as Life while Affected by Vitality is our #1 Priority. This allows us to swap to our end game belt. If you are mega rich and looking for additional mods I reccommend:
- #% Increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while Affected by Discipline
- Consecrated Ground you create while Affected by Zealotry causes Enemies to take % Increased Damage

Lethal Pride is great for additional strength. These can be confusing as first but it is actually really simple for us. When you slot it in to your tree look at a minor passive point (for example just look at the 5% increased maximum Life point to the left of the Jewel) and see if it adds +4 or +2 Strength. If it adds +4 you are good, if it adds +2 either Divine it and check again, or buy a new one and check again.

Large Cluster Jewel and we only really want the passives I have listed. Luckily this is the very final levels of the build. This combination of passives gives us the two passives we want, Iron Breaker and Force Multiplier, on the inner side of the cluster.

Medium Cluster Jewel #1 gives us Pressure Points and Magnifier. These are very much just sprinkles on top that I only think are worth getting within the final levels.

The Gear I'm Currently Using:

Levelling Gear:
Spoiler
Use the following wands to level up until Battlemage. Making one at Level 8 and two at Level 20 will carry you until Ngamahu's.

Magic Wand + 1 Orb of Alteration + Ruby Ring = Level 8 Fire Damage Wand
Magic Wand + 1 Orb of Alteration + Magic Ruby Ring = Level 14 Fire Damage Wand
Magic Wand + 1 Orb of Alteration + Rare Ruby Ring = Level 20 Fire Damage Wand
Iron Ring + Red Gem = Ruby Ring

Ngamahu's Flame is insane. This bad boy is 1c on Day one and is the second best weapon we can get. This will tide us over perfectly until we save up enough for Vulconus, which I am predicting will be an Exalt.

Rare Helmet or Goldrim will be decent. Honestly a helmet you identify off the ground will probably be better as we really have no requirements. Look for Maximum Life, Maximum Energy Shield and any resistances you might need to help you cap out. Chaos resistance is a great stat to pick up here to reach that cap early.

Corrupted 6 Link is always a better option over Tabula. These provide some stats and are very cheap. I would recommend buying some of your other items before this as the 6 Link will be rough on your Life costs.

Meginord's Vise is a great set of gloves that I plan to use until I get my Shaper's Touch. These provide +100 Strength and Large life regeneration. With our Ascendancy that is 100% Increased Critical Strike Chance.

Wanderlust are your standard levelling boots. With increased Movement Speed and Cannot be Frozen these are great for the acts. I'd suggest switching to boots with Life, MS and some Resistance from Act 9 onwards.

Carnage Heart is a solid unique amulet with very good allrounded stats. I would recommend just using a Rare that you identify until you can buy an Astramentis, even just a lower stat one.

Le Heup of All provides us with up to 90% total Elemental Resistance as well as Attributes and Damage. These are pretty good but once you get into maps start looking to upgrade to Chaos Resistance rings with Life.

The Magnate gives big damage through Global Physical Damage, Strength and at minimum 60% total Elemental Resistance. A great addition and perfect to use until you pick up a Fire Damage Doryani's Invitation.

Thank you for reading/following the build guide. Feel free to leave any questions/comments in the replies as I make sure to spend an hour every day responding to people (during the first month of a League). Also if you have made it this far, feel free to support me by Subscribing to my YouTube or Twitch. Viewership helps me a lot, especially as someone who pours a lot of time into these guides. Have fun in Ritual and good luck in your Maven fights :D
Last edited by AziiRe on May 9, 2021, 10:02:50 AM
Last bumped on May 10, 2021, 11:44:38 PM
Reserved :)
Pog
I would be interested in the damage prediction, since the lvl 20 stats are out now.
Seems like a really nice build.. cheap league starter with good defenses and probably good dps as well. Definitely my go-to build for tommorow.
Oh god, this looks wacky as fuck.... I'll PLAY IT !
Last league I've went CL following Ziz guide (after the buff) with new inq (after the rege buff) and it was disaster, had to respec into DD to finish the atlas.

Since I love playing Inq I'll take a risk and play new skill but I'll be rdr to respec again if you expectation for Reaper are wrong :)
"
SacredSheep wrote:
I would be interested in the damage prediction, since the lvl 20 stats are out now.

Looking at the PoB it looks like a solid 6-8 million DPS against Sirus if I'm not missing anything.
--------------------------------------
Dudes need their beauty sleep too
--------------------------------------
looking forward to giving this a shot! good luck man and thanks!
Probably gonna start of something like this, my worries tho are how well it gonna scale of in the start with rare items. Sure it's hard to say that right now, but I really hope it turns out well, cuz I havenät been this excited over a skill in a loooong time!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info