[3.14] Just do not die 4head | Tanky Divine Ire ignite Inquisitor | league starter

Alright ladies and gents, I've been loving this build - crushing T16's, just did my first A8 Sirius and Shaper of the league, and pushing for more currency now.

I'm wondering what the next steps are to begin farming the endgame - Maven invites, juiced maps, and the like. I'm thinking my first upgrade will be the Malevolence Watcher's Eye, but I'm wondering where else I can improve the endgame boss DPS. I know I'm missing life on a bunch of gear, but the survivability is OK for me right now, just looking to pump the dam.

All suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks for the fantastic off-meta build :)

Last edited by PapaiNico on May 7, 2021, 6:07:01 PM
you have 7 links on your incinerate on POB, can you explain?

Edit: oh thats probably a gem swap i see. sorry about that
Last edited by spysy on May 7, 2021, 4:51:42 PM
Interesting looking build. Would like to try it when I get home as I have always wanted a weird ignite build with DI.

One thing I did note looking at the build is maybe add a note to make sure a rare scepter doesnt have any local fire damage since battlemage will screw up EE. I would like to think anyone crafting a scepter like that would know better but you never know.

"
PapaiNico wrote:
Alright ladies and gents, I've been loving this build - crushing T16's, just did my first A8 Sirius and Shaper of the league, and pushing for more currency now.

Nice! I am happy that it worked for you :)

"
PapaiNico wrote:

I'm wondering what the next steps are to begin farming the endgame - Maven invites, juiced maps, and the like. I'm thinking my first upgrade will be the Malevolence Watcher's Eye, but I'm wondering where else I can improve the endgame boss DPS. I know I'm missing life on a bunch of gear, but the survivability is OK for me right now, just looking to pump the dam.

All suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks for the fantastic off-meta build :)

First "free" modifications. Change your skill tree to more offensive one by taking Lightning Walker/Heart of Flame in cost of dropping some defensive nodes. I do not think that going with a large cluster jewel and second medium one would get better results. There is basically no good large cluster jewel for us, but it might be that I am missing something.

Now the costly upgrades. The first thing (apart from malevolence watcher's eye) are awakened jewels and putting quality on infused channeling, so you have it more often than not. Also set up a search for circle of guilt with faster ignite. Unfortunately, the on-hit flammability overrides your lvl 20 one the moment you hit (you can add quality there too).

Afterwards, it depends a little on your budget and whether you like profit crafting or not. If you do like it, I would check the profit margins on amulets and shields with various combinations of mods. The idea is - you like the rolls: keep the item, if you do not: sell for profit and repeat. You are missing two mods on an amulet (+1 gems and dot multi) and you can also craft shield with life recovery on block + increased damage per block chance. I am not playing the league, so I am not up to date with the current prices and meta, but I would guess dot multi and +1 intelligence gems is quite a safe bet. Also the shield should be safe, if you would craft on ezomyte/pinnacle tower shields. Heat-attuned shields might be too much off-meta, but, again, I am not following the market this league. If the profit margin is too low, just set up a search and snipe something good.

If you do not like crafting, then I would set up a search for corrupted skin of the loyal with +2 AoE gems/+1 socketed gems. From what I see it is like around 10 ex. You may also want to snipe stabilizing sceptre with high phys/lightning damage + open prefix/high fire DoT multi. Make sure you first check the sceptre in PoB as it is not easy to find something better than doryani's catalyst. You can also craft one with essences/fossils, but I would expect 10ex at least (check craft of exile for exact numbers).

That is pretty all that comes to my mind, but please let me know, if you find some other solution. I would be very interested :)
DI ignite inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080303/
(retired) MoMMeme hiero: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2487766
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
Interesting looking build. Would like to try it when I get home as I have always wanted a weird ignite build with DI.

I hope you will like it :)
"
gladiatorpie wrote:

One thing I did note looking at the build is maybe add a note to make sure a rare scepter doesnt have any local fire damage since battlemage will screw up EE. I would like to think anyone crafting a scepter like that would know better but you never know.

Thanks for suggestion! I will add it to the description.
Hi, first of all, thanks a lot OP for the build. Wanted to share my experience with it, maybe it convinces others to try it out as well.

After trying a BF/BB Inquis (and getting frustrated because that build had no survivability and hardly and dmg reduction+recovery) I wanted to play something tanky. And boy does this build deliver. Block, recovery, around 7k EHP with my current gear, decent clearspeed and all on a moderate budget (or next to nothing when just starting to map).

Some highlights (prices within the first two weeks of league start):

Crown of the inward eye + divine ire enchant: 40c
Skin of the Loyal: 1ex (prices fluctuated from 1ex-2ex a bit much)
Gloves: anything with life + res/ spam harvest for crafting something usable 0c (1 divine for conversion enchant)
build enabling stormfire: 1c
boots: anything. spam harvest and something decent will come out 0c
decently rolled aegis: 40c (costs 8c now so great if you can wait)
21/23 divine ire gem: 30-40c or so
circle of guilt: 10 - 20c if you want "decent" implicits (damage/attributes/res), 4-5c if you just wanna get the buff effect going (which is what you want, early mapping rare items sort you out with res+attributes)
amulet (dmg conversion + life + some res): 30c

so with 2 ex your pretty much settled well into early red maps with your first engame items+gem (yes, there are builds that do the same cheaper, but I need to be tanky, I am a degenerate and cannot avoid basic mechanics even when my life depends on it).

the pricy stuff:
The Surrender: 8ex in week 1, got one after a month for 4,5ex (ssf it if you can)
Blue Nightmare: 5ex early league, drops rather fast to 1,5ex within 2 weeks
timeless jewel: get the cheapest non corrupted + spam divines on it. if you hit something good you don't need - sell + repeat
cinderswallow urn: either pay up the ex "early" (week 2 or 3), or ssf one if you can.
doing betrayal content is kind of required for unlocking the dmg conversion enchant anyways (+profitable in it's on right)
medium cluster fire dot multi jewel: these still clock in at about 1,5 ex one month into the league (max 5 passives, ilvl 68 - 74), it is kinda meta after all

playstyle:
shoot + run. Simple. Even feels a bit zoomy after the gem levels and everything are in place. It's not uber fast, but good enough to not feel slow (for me). bossing: buff, apply dot, run, debuff, run. I am still figuring it out, lot of different key pressing stresses me out more than it should. However the build completely trivializes ultimatum encounters (corrupted blood immunity helps a lot, avoid fire conversion mod as ultimatum encounters can cover you in ash for additional fire damage that can also crit)

challenges:
I am a moron and have a hard time dodging stuff (I know the Sirus fight by now, but got absolutely shredded by some synthesis boss). Also it's not "entirely" out of one shot range. Ailments deal damage faster is HUGE quality of life improvement for boss fights with repeated "NOPE" invulnerability phases (I WILL get hit in long fights, can't keep dodging stuff perfectly forever, that's the problem). Also I struggle with "enemies have 70% chance to avoid elemental ailments" mod on maps. No idea what you guys are doing, I just skip it.

Here's my gear: please give me some tips, I am still dying more than I should I think:

I don't have a lot of experience with this build, i followed the guide as well but i rarely die and if i do is because of my own mistakes or the game freeze as i do not have a very strong PC.

Also we do not "dodge" attacks we block, that's why we took Unwavering Stance. Here the owner can explain in more depth but thats the basic mechanic the more we block the more we heal.

But if i may i will tell you what i would change on your build.

Quartz Flask with Basalt one
Medium cluster = look for Brush with Death and Blowback instead Student of decay
get a better amulet ( with better roll on Gain physical damage as lightning)
gloves with fire damage over time multiplier
enchant on boots

i would advise you to read the Gear Progression on the first post and make a comparison of every piece you have with what the Guide says.

i did the same and helped me a lot.

Good Luck!
Last edited by G3aS5 on May 10, 2021, 4:32:06 PM
"
3rra wrote:
Hi, first of all, thanks a lot OP for the build. Wanted to share my experience with it, maybe it convinces others to try it out as well.

After trying a BF/BB Inquis (and getting frustrated because that build had no survivability and hardly and dmg reduction+recovery) I wanted to play something tanky. And boy does this build deliver. Block, recovery, around 7k EHP with my current gear, decent clearspeed and all on a moderate budget (or next to nothing when just starting to map).

I am glad you like it, and that your feeling matches exactly what I was theory-crafting for :). Thanks a lot for the highlights from this league. I am happy that it is still affordable despite ignite becoming meta apparently. Last league it was even cheaper, but 2ex to start red maps does not seem much.

"
3rra wrote:

Here's my gear: please give me some tips, I am still dying more than I should I think:

On top of what G3aS5 has very nicely written, I would also add the following:

Regarding your remarks on challenges, you are right that you cannot "dodge forever". That is very annoying on Maven in particular when she plays her memory game. As this build will never have bazillions of DPS you can only build more tanky and prepare for the fight. My tips would be: unless having GG, always take fully-upgraded Solaris pantheon for big bosses and fully-upgraded Lunaris for regular mapping. The difference is really noticeable.

As G3aS5 stated, I would first change the quartz flask to chemist's granite flask of iron skin. These exact affixes will boost your molten shell defense to over 5k making you temporarily immortal during most situations. It is also very important to have molten shell on move button for maximum uptime. Another upgrade would be to buy anomalous herald of purity. It does miracles vs single but dangerous bosses/mobs. I bought it specifically to counter Sirus rares, which were freaking scary in the very beginning. It should help you with most of the bosses too. However, I have really no idea why are you getting shredded by synthesis bosses. The attacks in these fights are so well-telegraphed that you can do them almost without any defense (maybe except the black blobs that chase and teleport you). Maybe you were unlucky with the map mods? For the rest G3aS5 is right that working on damage will also boost your survivability. Dead enemies cannot harm you :)

Speaking of map mods, I have just added a section about it. If I was running avoid elemental ailments mod, I was just shooting multiple times with minimum stacks, just to trigger the ignite and hope that proliferation will finish the job. However, most of the time I just rerolled this mod unless the other mods really fitted my sextants. When leveling from 99 to 100 I have also excluded a bunch of other mods, just to feel safer. If played a little more carefully, this build can level up to 100 easily.
Last edited by sprawdzampoczte on May 10, 2021, 7:53:58 PM

With my current setup PoB tells me i have 7m damage at stage 20 with Divine Ire which im really happy with it. I managed to do Sirus on A6( still struggling but that is because i am not very familiar with the mechanics)

Died to Simulacrum boss at wave 20 cuz of my potato PC...run out of portals and boss had 50% HP left, was sort of frustrating but the zone was pretty shit (HighGate)

Overall i think this is by far one of the best guides that are on this forum. I cannot stop praising you for that!

Sprawdzampoczte instead of going for life nodes i chose to get another Medium cluster for more dmg, do you think is a good call? or 1 jewel is enough and should reallocate them elsewhere?
"
G3aS5 wrote:

With my current setup PoB tells me i have 7m damage at stage 20 with Divine Ire which im really happy with it.

Wow! This is almost twice the dps I had in ritual with harvest crafting. Congrats!

"
G3aS5 wrote:

I managed to do Sirus on A6( still struggling but that is because i am not very familiar with the mechanics)

Sirus fight is boring and small, if you can ignore die beam as with this build. However, there are things to remember. Always take upgraded Solaris pantheon as all components in die beam crit. Also have corrupted blood immunity and upgraded Shakari pantheon as multiple poison stacks can kill you despite high regen. Then, the only thing to remember except obvious one-shots is to never get any stacks from the rotating quad-beam. Each stack increases damage taken quite substantially. With these rules you can farm whatever awakening-level Sirus.

"
G3aS5 wrote:

Died to Simulacrum boss at wave 20 cuz of my potato PC...run out of portals and boss had 50% HP left, was sort of frustrating but the zone was pretty shit (HighGate)

This fight is the hardest just after the feared with this build, so do not worry. It depends a lot on mods, but you still have to be very mobile in the last phase, just not to get one-shotted with slams. My solution was to get to melee range as soon as possible, and then reposition every shot. If you get the right rhytm, the fight should be fine. But I know how bad it can be with the lag...

"
G3aS5 wrote:

Overall i think this is by far one of the best guides that are on this forum. I cannot stop praising you for that!

Thanks and I am happy that you enjoy it :)

"
G3aS5 wrote:

Sprawdzampoczte instead of going for life nodes i chose to get another Medium cluster for more dmg, do you think is a good call? or 1 jewel is enough and should reallocate them elsewhere?

As always, adjust to your liking. I went very defensive route as I was already happy with my damage, and I just wanted to map to 100. Feel free to drop some defenses to boost the offense. I will definitely not call it a bad call :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info