[3.14] "Budget" aura-stacker / semi-aurabot

"
frksan wrote:
Very nice build, I like it and thumbs up for putting this together.
Can you please check my POB and see why i can't yield good dps from EK? I know it doesn't have best stuff but still i think it should go higher. Cheers

https://pastebin.com/CtDmmh5L

Hi. Thank you very much for your comment.

There are a couple things to note. Below is listed in priority order but I'd say 1-4 are possibly the most important for boosting your dps.

1) You'll need a Watcher's Eye that has Phys to Light Conversion with Wrath. You want to divine this to 35%+ preferably 40%. You will do about 20% MORE damage with a simple Phys to Light Conversion Wrath Watcher's Eye.

2) Your unreserved mana is too low. You'll want unreserved mana pool to be about 2.5x the mana cost of EK. The lack of mana pool may prevent you from casting EK which will appear as having low damage. There are a few ways to solve this. Since your unreserved life is so high, you'll likely want to switch to Alpha's Howl with 30% Herald of Thunder (or another Herald) reduced reservation. This way you reserve more life and less mana. Since you can reserve more life, you can swap out anomalous arrogance to regular arrogance support (the quality will give you additional aura effectiveness on arrogance support).

3) Your support gems do not have quality and Nebulis sceptre is not 20/20 for the elemental damage increase above 75% resist. You want these two mods to be at least 19/20, 20/19, or 20/20. Each 1% is equivalent to 15% increased damage.

4) You'll need fire damage added to spells from either Nebulis, Call of the Brotherhood corruption, or abyss jewel. This allows you to ignite which increases damage taken when you have Cinderswallow flask up.

5) You'll want to use better flasks. Cinderswallow flask requires increased crit chance during flask effect and Atziri flask should prioritize higher value for elemental damage to extra chaos and not phys to extra chaos. Bottled Faith is also good but it is expensive.

6) RMR jewels are lacking. You definitely want better jewels.

A few things about your defenses.

1) You can switch your Doryani boots to Sorcerer boots version for ES.

2) You will want Chaos resist on belt.

3) You'll want %ES on RMR jewels.

Hey, I've had a go with the build (not actually, just in theory). Gotten most of the items, still missing the Watcher's Eye, a ring and the amulet. But the best that I can do is total 4M DPS with 1000 less ES. Resists are still looking pretty good, can always use a potion to give +15% physical damage reduction more. This is the PoB:

https://pastebin.com/wBzL4TLS

My question is: is it worth it, with this amount of DPS and ES, or are these compromises just too great? I know exactly what I need to do to improve it, but I don't have the currency. Think I should go through with it, or try a different build?

I thought I had a pretty fantastic aura build going on Scion (13 auras up). The problem is, my phys. damage reduction is just pathetic. The damage is great, and it's super fun to play, but since it's also, 'budget' I've got around 3750 ES. That, combined with the low phys. damage reduction pretty much just makes me a glass cannon, which is not the point of an aura build. This is my current aura build on Scion if you're interested at all:

https://pastebin.com/NhEV7vsM

The limit of this build is pretty much T14 maps. Up to and including T14 maps I can do comfortably, then past that, it's just death, so I need to change. I've thought of trying to combine mine and your build, but they don't really seem compatible. Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing what you think. Thanks!
"
PhantomSword wrote:
Hey, I've had a go with the build (not actually, just in theory). Gotten most of the items, still missing the Watcher's Eye, a ring and the amulet. But the best that I can do is total 4M DPS with 1000 less ES. Resists are still looking pretty good, can always use a potion to give +15% physical damage reduction more. This is the PoB:

My question is: is it worth it, with this amount of DPS and ES, or are these compromises just too great? I know exactly what I need to do to improve it, but I don't have the currency. Think I should go through with it, or try a different build?

I thought I had a pretty fantastic aura build going on Scion (13 auras up). The problem is, my phys. damage reduction is just pathetic. The damage is great, and it's super fun to play, but since it's also, 'budget' I've got around 3750 ES. That, combined with the low phys. damage reduction pretty much just makes me a glass cannon, which is not the point of an aura build. This is my current aura build on Scion if you're interested at all:

The limit of this build is pretty much T14 maps. Up to and including T14 maps I can do comfortably, then past that, it's just death, so I need to change. I've thought of trying to combine mine and your build, but they don't really seem compatible. Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing what you think. Thanks!

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The original intention was to showcase a hybrid of semi-aurabot/aurastacker for those who want to solo farm content as semi-aurabot. I'd say if you are able to consistently generate currency to fund the build you can go through with it. But don't expect higher tier items (corrupted gears) to be cheap with the league dead so early. I still think the build can be done on relatively lower budget compared to other aura stacking scion builds. However, I don't know if it is more cost effective than other meta builds. The only reason I keep playing this build even in standard is because this build is very very tanky and flexible. I have better gears than POB on some slots but being at 5.5k ES with 90 Max Res, 76 Chaos Res, and 62% Phys Dmg Reduction is so satisfying.

I do not recommend going with Scion with this build. Ascendant passive tree does not give aura effectiveness whereas Guardian passive tree gives 10% and this difference actually is important for reaching max res of 90%. Ascendant is also not really good in my opinion because the Necromancer passives give 30% attack and cast speed and that is it. If we go with Guardian, frenzy charges already make up 12% and there is the more damage per frenzy charge as well. We can make up for the missing cast speed from ring corruptions. As you mentioned as well, Ascendant has low phys dmg reduction. Although the most dangerous damage in the game is usually elemental, phys dmg hurts as Scion. Guardian can generate Endurance charges which can help with phys dmg reduction. There are benefits going with Scion which is the strength for item/gem requirements and the 3 bonus passive points. However, with the current cluster jewel setup, we don't need these extra points.

As far as I know, with the setup of the mid-budget POB provided, I can do T16s and other bosses no problem. If you want to proceed with Scion, you'll need to change the passive tree. You'll most likely have to use two of 3 passive Voices and 4-5 passive medium clusters instead of 6 passive medium clusters. At this point, the build is no longer budget tho...
"
xyeno wrote:
"
PhantomSword wrote:

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The original intention was to showcase a hybrid of semi-aurabot/aurastacker for those who want to solo farm content as semi-aurabot. I'd say if you are able to consistently generate currency to fund the build you can go through with it. But don't expect higher tier items (corrupted gears) to be cheap with the league dead so early. I still think the build can be done on relatively lower budget compared to other aura stacking scion builds. However, I don't know if it is more cost effective than other meta builds. The only reason I keep playing this build even in standard is because this build is very very tanky and flexible. I have better gears than POB on some slots but being at 5.5k ES with 90 Max Res, 76 Chaos Res, and 62% Phys Dmg Reduction is so satisfying.

I do not recommend going with Scion with this build. Ascendant passive tree does not give aura effectiveness whereas Guardian passive tree gives 10% and this difference actually is important for reaching max res of 90%. Ascendant is also not really good in my opinion because the Necromancer passives give 30% attack and cast speed and that is it. If we go with Guardian, frenzy charges already make up 12% and there is the more damage per frenzy charge as well. We can make up for the missing cast speed from ring corruptions. As you mentioned as well, Ascendant has low phys dmg reduction. Although the most dangerous damage in the game is usually elemental, phys dmg hurts as Scion. Guardian can generate Endurance charges which can help with phys dmg reduction. There are benefits going with Scion which is the strength for item/gem requirements and the 3 bonus passive points. However, with the current cluster jewel setup, we don't need these extra points.

As far as I know, with the setup of the mid-budget POB provided, I can do T16s and other bosses no problem. If you want to proceed with Scion, you'll need to change the passive tree. You'll most likely have to use two of 3 passive Voices and 4-5 passive medium clusters instead of 6 passive medium clusters. At this point, the build is no longer budget tho...

Hey, no worries at all! Thank you very much for your response, was quite looking forward to it. Yeah, your build does seem very tanky which is what drew me really, to change from my other aura build. Stacking ES is just a little expensive because a lot of ES comes from the jewels. And to get a jewel with both %ES and rmr is extremely expensive. I was quite lucky that, for my current build, nearly all my jewels had minion damage (for SRS). But it would be quite a big currency sink to try obtain to all those jewels.

It's why, the angle that I'm looking at it from is: do I fully commit here, or is there an easier/ cheaper way to achieve what I want? In truth, all I really want to do is clear all content in the game. After almost 600 hours, I still haven't been able to achieve that. But if a similar level of investment is required with any other build, then I may as well commit, and go all the way through with this one.

And yeahh, my current build would indeed require voices. This is an alternative build I made by just changing the jewels (no voices):

https://pastebin.com/aEnc603n

It's possible to get phys. damage reduction up to 31%, but you're still double that. For now, I'll keep going with this build, and keep you updated. Managed to get a Watcher's with 46% chance to blind while affected by Grace, that any good? (with the phys → lightning while affected by wrath) I thought it was pretty good. Thanks again!
Hello, the creator of this wonderful build. I have a question about the placement of auras. I did everything as in 2 pastebin for an average budget. As soon as I didn't rearrange the auras, the spider aspect doesn't fit in any way. I even bought a few hoods from the mana reserve from different auras. Now I have 109 health and 110 mana left after the reservation. The only jewel that I could not find is self control with a purposeful harbinger replacing it with sublime form and a purposeful harbinger Here is my pastebin https://pastebin.com/kQ7kGgi0.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info