(3.16) NERFED DO NOT PLAY THIS Raider Archmage BF/BB [CHEAP, Tanky, HCSSF viable, (100m+ dps)

"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
For the tankiest end game setup, clarity setup is the best? What if I want the lowest budget setup for end game to start off end game? How far can mid game build take me?
Mid game gear can take you all the way through completing your atlas with corrupt rare t16 maps. I didn't start to run into problems until t14+ Ultimatums - and even those were pretty safe until I hit wave five or so.

To be honest, the biggest challenge with this build was re-learning how to play. The playstyle is very different from most builds, where you spam skills non-stop until everything is dead. This is a much slower, more deliberate style. Don't let that fool you into thinking it's slow to clear, by any stretch, though. Map clearing the thing to get used to is you'll drop BF/BB on a pack and move on, and you need to listen for the loot drops because stuff will drop way offscreen behind you. And you don't always get every critter in a pack, but a few lingering remnants don't matter.

On bosses, same kind of deal, you don't spam your spells, you plan where you're going to be, drop your sigil, check your fortify, endurance charges, mana, then hit BF/BB when everything is perfect. Follow that up with a couple more casts without moving - or teleporting - and Intensify boost your DPS with each cast by a massive amount.

I haven't tried the clarity setup, and I'm missing mana enchant on boots still, and I rarely have mana problems, so... /me shrugs.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on May 11, 2021, 1:42:50 AM
don't get baited by the "cerulean ring best in slot base".

we have a lot of % mana increased on our tree, that enough flat mana gives us even more mana.
a paua ring or any other base with 50-60+ flat mana can offer more.
just my two cents, tested this in pob a lot
Cool build, currently leveled a Raider and will try this as a currency sink.

Just one question: where is the Clarity gem situated in the "Clarity" setup? I loaded the Cluster-setup into PoB, but it is disabled.
When reserving Clarity, I would miss the "Clear Mind" buff?
"
Giammafix wrote:
don't get baited by the "cerulean ring best in slot base".

we have a lot of % mana increased on our tree, that enough flat mana gives us even more mana.
a paua ring or any other base with 50-60+ flat mana can offer more.
just my two cents, tested this in pob a lot

This has been mentioned many times on the Discord thankfully.

I was able to increase my mana nicely by changing out my Cerulean ring that I originally used based on the guide. Flat mana is so much stronger once the tree is filled out by the mid 90 levels.

In the endgame pastebin for wrath with clusters, you have endurance charges and frenzy charges, but I don't see a way to generate those. Am I missing something in the PoB?

Nevermind, I'm just dumb :p
Last edited by ItsWheatThins on May 11, 2021, 10:30:38 AM
The RNG gods finally blessed me yesterday and I was able to make a bunch of upgrades.

I picked up Unnatural Instinct, a 21/23 BB, a 5/23 Awakened Lightning Pen, and a Conductivity Ring.

That gets me to 10.7k mana and 4.1k life.

Still feels scary in T16 ultimatums but still plenty of upgrades to go.

Does any one have a recommendation on Anomalous Unleash vs Awakened Unleash? There seems to be differing opinions on the Discord as to which is better.

Is the highest dmg version (wrath setup with clusters) still hardcore viable? Which version is best for hardcore? ty in advance
Alright Ive been thinking a lil bit about something and now im pretty convinced. This build is pretty good im gonna be honest, and im probably not the best poe player ever and I have place to learn. But the 50% less armor thing, im not sure I can get behind it.

In general, I find in most games people undervalue armor. But I always find that armor, as in straight up physical reduction, is very good in most games. The times I have died it is because of big burst of physical damage, and sometimes chaos but thats my fault for not putting on chaos res and I did that willingly so its okay. Chaos is rare and you can play around it, get immune to poison, immune to corrupted blood and all. However, you cant avoid physical damage, especially big boss aoe physical.

In the end, dodge is very good when you have a lot of it, but you can never stop getting unlucky once, twice or even three times in a row and dying because you dont have enough physical reduction. Thats just the law of variance and probability.

So im considering refunding acrobatics and phased acrobatics into a cluster jewel, and get more armor to be able to survive those big damage hits from bosses.
"
Andersonsan wrote:
Alright Ive been thinking a lil bit about something and now im pretty convinced. This build is pretty good im gonna be honest, and im probably not the best poe player ever and I have place to learn. But the 50% less armor thing, im not sure I can get behind it.

In general, I find in most games people undervalue armor. But I always find that armor, as in straight up physical reduction, is very good in most games. The times I have died it is because of big burst of physical damage, and sometimes chaos but thats my fault for not putting on chaos res and I did that willingly so its okay. Chaos is rare and you can play around it, get immune to poison, immune to corrupted blood and all. However, you cant avoid physical damage, especially big boss aoe physical.

In the end, dodge is very good when you have a lot of it, but you can never stop getting unlucky once, twice or even three times in a row and dying because you dont have enough physical reduction. Thats just the law of variance and probability.

So im considering refunding acrobatics and phased acrobatics into a cluster jewel, and get more armor to be able to survive those big damage hits from bosses.

Armour on its own is very bad at mitigating physical damage because its effectiveness diminishes the larger the size of the physical hit. The tooltip numbers do not take that into account.

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Armour#Rule_of_thumb

For armour to be effective, you need to stack a lot of it and use it in tandem with Molten Shell. We definitely have nowhere near enough to make that approach worthwhile.

Flat physical damage reduction from sources like endurance charges are good for mitigation but armour much less so.
"
The RNG gods finally blessed me yesterday and I was able to make a bunch of upgrades.

I picked up Unnatural Instinct, a 21/23 BB, a 5/23 Awakened Lightning Pen, and a Conductivity Ring.

That gets me to 10.7k mana and 4.1k life.

Still feels scary in T16 ultimatums but still plenty of upgrades to go.

Does any one have a recommendation on Anomalous Unleash vs Awakened Unleash? There seems to be differing opinions on the Discord as to which is better.

I like the cast speed on unleash so I went for anomalous

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info