3.14 Toxic Rain - Leaguestart guide with in depth crafting and gearing section - updated

"
SenderHoN wrote:
Hey I was just curious how you plan to sustain your mana? I looked at your pob, and I didn't see anything unless I am missing something obvious.

You may have missed it, be we are now running "life tap", which makes us spend life instead of mana.

Since we're pushing to get a few life on hit stuff on gear, this makes us avoid mana issues.
Last edited by Pourliver on Apr 15, 2021, 7:28:59 PM
Yeah pob hasn't updated to new gems, and i explain the rest in explanations/faq section

Slower projectiles in pob is there to simulate the damage multiplier on new lifetap support

It is blood magic but now with a more multiplier attached to it, you will have 57-60 life cost on your skill you'll need at least some life gained on hit before it's good to use, just relying on life flask is sketchy

So i recommend you either stay as a miner until you can afford vitality watchers eye or life gained on hit rings, but you can switch before and use Enduring mana flask instead however there's really no reason to do so
IGN JustifiedF
I see in your toxic rain mines POB that you're still taking blast waves. Is this an oversight since presumably we don't want a bunch of AoE anymore? Or is this something that you think will be good for leveling and early mapping?
Oh fuck i forgot about those, yeah those are not necessary i ommited them from leveling trees but forgot to remove from pob
IGN JustifiedF
First, lot thanks for this guide !

Second, why not for example Master Fletcher as miner ?

I see poe.ninja miners Toxic Rain builds and they take this node.

Sry if noob question.
because the value per node for a miner is not that great, those are attack speed nodes which won't help you with mines

builds that level to higher level with mines might take those nodes because they run out of other options i guess but value per point on them is just not as good as other nodes you could take
IGN JustifiedF
Thanks you for this guide, really helpfull. I will start with it in SSF !
Hello.
I REALLY want to thank you for amount of work you put in this guide.
Specially crafting parts are 10/10.

One question: Have you thought about starting Trickster?
I think he might be easier to build some defences, and not so much slower for clearing.
What i am missing? Why you choose Deadeye?
Do you rush clever construction after picking up hunters gambit? Can you give some guidance on your typical order of notables in early leveling?

Also, why perfect agony? This isn’t a crit or ailment build. It adds literally almost nothing according to PoB.
Last edited by IceColdPorkSoda on Apr 16, 2021, 12:37:18 PM
hey this build used to utilize a timeless jewel so perfect agony was there for the timeless jewel keystone, i did a lot of updates after patch notes so some things slipped through the cracks, i apologize and will udpate asap

As far as clever construction rushing i usually aim to have clever construction somewhere before act 5 kitava, there's no need to rush it very early but for kitava fight you should make sure you grab it because he has a lot of aoe that covers most of the arena and your mines will get destroyed, earlier bosses aren't so much aoe focused and are mostly projectile or melee based

the leveling tree isn't something that's super optimized but just a general direction, taking a slight detour will not change much, most of the breakpoints have equal amounts of life/damage nodes added in them so take whichever you feel you need more first

edit:

As far as ascendancy choices go, Trickster is a good ascendancy in terms of damage, has a bit of defense but lacks movement speed, i just like to move fast, when i think bow build i think that stupid running animation when you break like 200% movement speed, he also offers no area clear and generally will have lower attack speed values which impacts your mapping speed, combined with no movement speed he is quite slower in maps on average

As far as why Deadey it's because you will no longer be able to get much area of effect modifiers because they will harm your single target(see Skill mechanics section on how new Toxic Rain works) so only way to scale area of effect without harming your single target now is to add extra projectiles

On top of being the Ascendancy with best AOE, Deadeye was always the best single target ascendancy, with 3 mirage archers you basically duplicate your self in terms of damage aka you do twice as much damage

but it's even better than that, you actually gain far more real time dps with 3 mirage archers because they cannot be interrupted and attack constantly, while you have to move around to dodge boss hits, you're essentially playing with 3 totems that cannot die or be hit and are far easier to summon(no extra button press)

You used to be able to scale single target trivially and other Ascendancies were either more balanced or better defensively, but now that you really can't get high single target dps that easily without crazy gear i think if you want to do endgame stuff, it's hard to replace Deadeye in terms of single target

So basically it's a choice between:

Trickster:
Good damage, low movement speed, low AOE, ok defense

Raider:
Good damage, high movement speed, low AOE, great Defense

Deadeye
Amazing damage, high movement speed, good AOE, ok defense

Deadeye just ticks the most boxes and goes a tier above in terms of Damage
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Apr 16, 2021, 2:34:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: