3.14 Toxic Rain - Leaguestart guide with in depth crafting and gearing section - updated

Great guide! Unfortunately it also gave me hand cramps...re-rolled a summoner.
"
Justifi3d wrote:
If you're asking about applying your mark, mark is not a hex, and it's now not applicable with hextouch support

Only way would be to link both to arcanist brand but then you lose your culling strike which is actually immense in Ultimatums

Like this is the league where i went thinking culling strike is something almost mandatory on every build for mapping because those ultimatum rares can have couple of million HP

Have you considered Mark of Death then? It gives culling against enemies that are marked. Node very close to our tree.
It's close but i still think it's too many points for just the culling strike, you'd sacrifice a lot of health or damage, i think somehow automating your culling strike skill would be a better option

The more i think about it, the more Asenaths chant is like the best expensive item to go for first, allows you to both double curse high level and quality curses

quality on poachers mark solves your frenzy charge sustain, allows you better quiver AND allows you to have "free" culling strike replacing a very expensive glove mod

It's like 3 in 1 item, i'm kidna sad that it's also the best item for THE meta build this league which is Burning arrow elementalist so it's slowly but steadily rising in price

I think i'm just gonna stick with my cast on focus setup at first, after i tried it it's actually pretty fucking good
IGN JustifiedF
Could I get some advice for what to buy next? I'm hitting a wall at T13 maps and T3 conqeurors. I feel really squishy and it takes me like 3-5 minutes to kill even the T2 conquerors and beefed up T12 map bosses.
"
Deost wrote:
Could I get some advice for what to buy next?
Lvl 20 or 21 toxic rain
Proper flasks
+2 (essence crafted) or +3 (fossil crafted) bow
Cluster that isn't 11 points, 8 points or don't bother, you could just pick generic damaging nodes on the tree instead like toxic strikes or aspect of the eagle
You have a bow with no damage stats essentially so you're losing potential like 40% damage

I bought a 6l bow base for 45 chaos and used about 20 chaos worth of fossils to get +3 bow

Follow my crafting guide on fossil crafted bow

Getting a quiver, amulet and gloves with some chaos dot multi will give you another 20%+ more damage

If you check my character and my gear my gloves quiver and ammy were bough for less than 100 chaos all together

In fact the most expensive piece of gear I'm wearing is my belt

You also need actual proper flasks, you're losimg out a ton of avoidance, follow my flask section

I'm not trying to be mean here but you basically ignored every single advice i bothered to write

Just follow my gear examples in POB and check the gear on my current character, it's all very cheap and you'll be able to farm last literally anything

I'm currently starting in t14 maps and I'm pushing all my ultimatums to max wawes

I'm honestly contemplating not even switching

Miner Deadeye is insanely strong on this low of a budget, I'm reaching nearly 7 mines thrown per second

When you add the fact that detonate mines counts as using a skill i can stack 10 gale force almost immediately having near permanent uptime of 30% less damage taken

And the focus helmet thing i came up with is such a quality of life not having to stop to curse monsters while also always having a marked enemy nearby

IGN JustifiedF
Miner is indeed strong. I felt really weak when I switched. You REALLY need attack speed and accuracy AND LoH to feel good as an archer. With that and a mark you get pretty tanky.
Ok I fixed my flasks, my quiver, and bow. I'm planning on getting my gems to 20% quality. Btw why do you have charged mines support over trap/mine damage or concentrated effect? Also, should I try to get a 21/23 toxic rain or 21 toxic rain because apparently aoe doesn't matter?
You actively do not want quality on your regular toxic rain.
So I've been using this as league start - love it.

I have 1 question though, I just got Maloney's Mechanism and you say to put Frenzy - Hextouch - Despair. Do I still use another copy of Hextouch/Despair with the Storm Brand setup? Or can I now drop Storm Brand all together? If so what should/could I take?

Appreciate it, fun build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info