Spell Totem

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Spell Totem is a support gem. You don't cast Spell Totem. Instead, you cast Ice Spear, which is linked to ST.

Linking Spell Totem to two different skill gems is no different from linking LMP, Leech or IIQ. You still have two separate skills. :)

So... the spell totem uses both skills, I gather? Or, rather, YOU use both skills through the spell totem.
The thing that confuses me most, is how each skill is processed though the totem to be used. Do you cast them at random from the same totem? Do you take turns going back and forth between the two? Does one skill get cast per spell totem over and over?

The answer to this means the difference between me grabbing 2 spell totem gems for each of my curses, or using one spell totem for cursing and having another totem to use for something else.
You're thinking about it backwards. It's not the totem that is being supported by spells. It is the spells that are being supported by the totem. You will still have a skill for each of your spells.
For example. Let's say you have the following gems linked together. Spell Totem, Fireball, Firestorm, Faster Cast.
This would allow you to put the following 2 skills on your bar:
Fireball (Supported with spell totem and faster cast)
Firestorm (Supported with spell totem and faster cast)

If you use the Fireball spell, it will create a totem that shoots out fireballs (faster than normal because of the faster cast support)
If you use the Firestorm spell, it will create a totem that shoots out firestorms (faster than normal because of the faster cast support)
"
Xallion wrote:

If you use the Fireball spell, it will create a totem that shoots out fireballs (faster than normal because of the faster cast support)
If you use the Firestorm spell, it will create a totem that shoots out firestorms (faster than normal because of the faster cast support)

ooohhhh ok. Thanks man, that was wreckin my mind. Good clarification. So I will need to use both skills in two separate totems. Ancestral bond it is
Nvm wrong post
Last edited by CygnumX on Feb 9, 2013, 7:56:58 PM
Does the -40% damage apply to skeletons?
24 pages... I guess that may have already been said, but:

I use spelltotem with ice spear. It happens quite often, that my totem just ignores the foes, and lets them destroy itself, without doing anything. This seems to happen, when the foe is near a wall. Really annoying! Would be nice, if that could be fixed.
Hi there,

I am new and thanks for your info abut this spell.
I understand that spell totem supports my spell by using my stats.

So I assume that it will copy my critical chance/multiplier, cast speed/spell power, elemental/physical damage, and Status Ailments chances, right?

Like if I stack cast speed/critical chance/status ailment chances, then it will transfer to spell totem, right?

How does sell totem less 40% damage work?
For example, I link it with fire ball and have total 40% Fire+elemental damage from passive, then it will do 140%*(1-40%)= 84% damage?

Thanks for your reply.
Last edited by darla on Feb 12, 2013, 4:43:26 AM
Is it intended that this totem does not works with traps such as bear trap or is this a bug?
"
fuma83 wrote:
If i put spell totem on ice lance and faster casting the totem of course cast ice lance faster.. now does a passive cast speed node affect that as well?

i mean if invest point on passive casting speed noded it only affect the my speed of casting the totem or the totem casting speed aswell?

I would actually like to get a more detailed answer to this, the reason why is:

There are 2 ways to look at the resulting spell:
1) press C and select the spell you are interested in
2) mouseover the spell in the shortcuts tab at the bottom right of the screen

The thing is: there is a discrepancy there, i'm using SPORK and i have a spell totem with spark and loads of passives that increase cast speed. The result is a little odd:
If you check the spell with the second method it shows ONLY the cast speed from the faster casting gem linked to the SPORK:
-30% from the totem
+36% from the faster casting
= net result shown there is 6% increased cast

I've tried taking off an item with just cast speed and no other DPS stats on it - there is a clear net DPS loss on the totem, whatever way you check it, however - there is no change in the cast speed if you mouseover the skill in the shortcuts tab at the bottom right of the screen...

moreover, when i am next to someone that has haste aura - i do not seem to notice any difference in the speed of the totem casts before or after using it. So what exactly is the relation there?
here are the two screenshots with and without the ring

scrool to the right of the post to see the circled part on the screenshots

Last edited by nieth79 on Feb 13, 2013, 12:43:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info