Remember When April Fool's used to be a GGG thing?

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We had a plan for April Fools' last year but didn't go ahead with it as that was right at the start of the world-wide lockdowns and it was very much a 'read the room' type situation. This year, April 1st is right in the middle of our preparation for the 3.14 livestream and launch preparation so we need all hands on deck for that. Maybe next year!

Also don't forget our Path of Warframe crossover which was absolutely dumb.

I liked it :(
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We had a plan for April Fools' last year but didn't go ahead with it as that was right at the start of the world-wide lockdowns and it was very much a 'read the room' type situation. This year, April 1st is right in the middle of our preparation for the 3.14 livestream and launch preparation so we need all hands on deck for that. Maybe next year!

Dumb in a good way. (In my personal opinion)
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

"Quest for the average neck" with "Rebbex" wasn't it? I think it was hilarious. I would love something like that again in the future.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Don't worry, MBata. Some of us can read between the lines. Loud and clear.

Bruh, he had 4 lines, the first 3 of which were just a listing of their previous April Fools' pranks and the 4th just a query. I know you're really fond of this whole 'I'm so much better than ya'll just cos I don't play the game anymore' schtick you've got going, but don't try making it into an entire factional thing now. The OP's post was simple, not some Hegelian treatise, so don't try pretending it has some deep hidden meaning parseable only by you and your ilk just cos you've stumbled across yet another soul who has issues with GGG. This kinda ethical elitism is likely why you ended up so controversial.

Yeah, the whole point of reading between the lines is finding meaning when the person doesn't seem to be saying much. You...do know that, right? Maybe not, since you need to do it with most of my posts and to date I've not seen you read many of those particularly well. Admittedly I bury my between-the-lines much more thoroughly, but eh, nothing worth knowing comes easy.

'Reading between the lines' isn't about 'hidden meaning'. It's about context, the unspoken arched eyebrow, the implication. From what I've seen, you don't really do implication in your posts (except when you're talking about Support censoring you, and even then it's about as subtle as a brick) so I guess...yeah, not really surprised you'd miss it here. And miss it grandly. Invoking Hegel. LOL. You could at least have gone to the most infamous 'between the lines' philosopher and name-dropped Nietzsche...

__

But maybe MBata was just being literal and wanted to know why GGG stopped. Which is good, because GGG responded. I'm glad they read the room a month or so after a pandemic erupted, but maybe that's precisely when a little harmless levity would be most appreciated. Maybe.

As for this year, it seems to me that a lot of us have just fallen into certain habits resulting from last year's shift. I definitely saw fewer April Fool's jokes this year from various companies, but a few made a little effort. Quite liked the Subway Coriander Cookie from AU/NZ Subway. Gross.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

It made me wish for Warframe crossover cosmetics in PoE. I'd love an Excalibur hat. Sometimes I use the gore hat and pretend.
Last edited by VeloxAxo on Apr 5, 2021, 2:00:49 AM
"
"
Exile009 wrote:

Bruh, he had 4 lines, the first 3 of which were just a listing of their previous April Fools' pranks and the 4th just a query. I know you're really fond of this whole 'I'm so much better than ya'll just cos I don't play the game anymore' schtick you've got going, but don't try making it into an entire factional thing now. The OP's post was simple, not some Hegelian treatise, so don't try pretending it has some deep hidden meaning parseable only by you and your ilk just cos you've stumbled across yet another soul who has issues with GGG. This kinda ethical elitism is likely why you ended up so controversial.

Yeah, the whole point of reading between the lines is finding meaning when the person doesn't seem to be saying much. You...do know that, right? Maybe not, since you need to do it with most of my posts and to date I've not seen you read many of those particularly well. Admittedly I bury my between-the-lines much more thoroughly, but eh, nothing worth knowing comes easy.

From what I've seen, you don't really do implication in your posts (except when you're talking about Support censoring you, and even then it's about as subtle as a brick)

And miss it grandly. Invoking Hegel. LOL. You could at least have gone to the most infamous 'between the lines' philosopher and name-dropped Nietzsche...

But maybe MBata was just being literal and wanted to know why GGG stopped.

Oh, I know what the phrase means. But do you know what factionalism and elitism means? Cos you're still doing both. Consider it fortunate these forums don't have a karma system, cos your oh-so-subtle takes wouldn't go down well.

And my posts against Support aren't meant to be subtle. They only engage in wordplay as a means to avoid getting tossed into the void. Cos I value being understood far above literary masturbation. I've even very unsubtly criticized that very behaviour on these forums, only grudgingly doing it myself.
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 5, 2021, 3:38:59 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

You guys should make an April Fool's post saying you'd revert all the Harvest nerf.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

I feel like you'll just come up with more excuses every year, same as with BotW videos...
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Interesting little tidbit is that the link to your Twitter account on that post is the BLM account. I vaguely recall that was your old handle? I'm not entirely clued up on the old Twitteroo.
Last edited by ZachOK on Apr 5, 2021, 6:51:51 PM
"
ZachOK wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Interesting little tidbit is that the link to your Twitter account on that post is the BLM account. I vaguely recall that was your old handle? I'm not entirely clued up on the old Twitteroo.

Yes. Someone took up the old username once I picked a new one. I'll remove it from that news post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info