Remember When April Fool's used to be a GGG thing?

Cats on Crit
A stock ticker for various orbs
A free for all mode

What happened?
Last bumped on Apr 5, 2021, 7:42:40 PM
i remember caring about april fools things when i was like 10
"
xMustard wrote:
i remember caring about april fools things when i was like 10


Yeah, i guess april fool's and video games are stuff for kids.

Must be hard being so mature and worldly.

GGG had some pretty fun April Fool's stuff going for a few years, i wonder if they don't do it anymore if they grew up. Just. Like. You.
Admittedly, since Cats on Damage Taken, I've tried to stay alert on the usual GGG's April Fool. I don't really care about April Fools in general, but GGG managed to turn it into a signature cliché in time.

This is the second year I was disappointed. I wonder if Tencent has something to do with it.

Pity, anyway.
Honestly Cats on Crit was the best thing, and probably took very little effort to do. I would rather have that old small company doing a low-effort gag than the overblown Chinese disaster we have today.
This is a buff™
"
Honestly Cats on Crit was the best thing, and probably took very little effort to do. I would rather have that old small company doing a low-effort gag than the overblown Chinese disaster we have today.


This is a buff.
"
MBata wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
i remember caring about april fools things when i was like 10


Yeah, i guess april fool's and video games are stuff for kids.

Must be hard being so mature and worldly.

GGG had some pretty fun April Fool's stuff going for a few years, i wonder if they don't do it anymore if they grew up. Just. Like. You.


actually this game isn't for kids. rated M.
"
xMustard wrote:
"
MBata wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
i remember caring about april fools things when i was like 10


Yeah, i guess april fool's and video games are stuff for kids.

Must be hard being so mature and worldly.

GGG had some pretty fun April Fool's stuff going for a few years, i wonder if they don't do it anymore if they grew up. Just. Like. You.


actually this game isn't for kids. rated M.


AkShUaLlY
Don't worry, MBata. Some of us can read between the lines. Loud and clear.

The pay-to-win fireworks April Fool's joke remains their best work imo. The fireworks cost exactly 15 GGGold: a nickel and a dime, in American slang. They were literally nickel-and-diming us to get the game to say '[character name] wins!'

Fucking brilliant, and exactly the sort of wit I loved in the old GGG.
17th April, 2021: GGG allowed 'popular' streamers access to PoE but denied it of everyone else. For 'a pile of money'. PoE is a free to play game. So play it for free. Clearly they don't need your money. Boycott GGG.

If I've been probated I can't check messages; contact 'The_Scourge' on reddit.
i still have a ton of those fireworks on my old account

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info