[3.21] Cold Conversion Summoner | Build guides for all budgets | (Ghazzy Zoomancer)

the Intermediate currency farming section is blank bro can you do something about that ? thanks
"
Selenity wrote:
@Deadandlivin Thanks so much for the indepth reply! I didn't realize you're not supposed to swap to the chest cause I thought you'd have more health with the extra stats you could get on a +1 spectre chest :S. I'm already running bone offering and mistress of sacrifice. Do you think I should sell my +1 spectre chest to afford the aul's and grace watchstone? What am I looking for on the watchstone again?

Also in your guide you mention you can AFK blight with some changes... but I can't find what changes... what gems do you swap out?

Thanks so much!

Nevermind... Aul's uprising with hatred is 13ex @.@;

In the past I would've swapped to the +1 spectre chest earlier because it allowed us to cap out our Chaos resistance much easier. This league though, I've realised that capping out chaos resistance is basically impossible unless you're going to spend several mirrors on your gear.
For that reason it's better to keep running Skin of the Lords with Evasion/Granite flasks and Phase acrobatics as it helps ALOT with survivability.

Depends on what you want to do really.
In reality, you could actually save your chest if you want to.
For certain boss fights it will provide more single target. If you want to farm Maven Invitations et.c. where you want to oneshot bosses ASAP it's worth swapping to a +1 chest and run a Umbilicus cord belt.

AFK Blight farming is pretty hard this league since we want to do Blights with maximum quantity (In the past you did blighted maps white).
In the past all you needed was 20 million dps in total and the rest in defense. Unfortunately I'm playing very little this league (Mainly because I find this league very boring and everything too expensive) so I haven't gotten gear that's strong enough to AFK blighted maps yet.

I've done some testing and I realised a major problem is Chaos damage. Sometimes a spider boss spawns that shoots some Chaos thing at you which completely oneshots my -60% Chaos res ass.
I am able semi afkfarm the juiced blighted maps by building towers at the ~3 minute and 2 minute mark.
I also die randomly at times so I need to keep track of my character and ressurect it before the monsters reach the pump.

The problem for me was that the gear and gem swaps focused on sacrificing damage and using a Glorious vanity. When I sacced damage for Vitality/Stone Golem/CWDT setups my dps wasn't high enough to kill 120% quantity blighted bosses so they oneshot the pump. And of course, Glorius vanity is useless without Chaos resistance.
"
doeel wrote:
the Intermediate currency farming section is blank bro can you do something about that ? thanks

I had forgotten about it, I'll write some stuff today.
I don't want to invest too much time writing this though since GGG most likely will change atlas strategies every league et.c.
I'm curious about Divergent Hypothermia and its conditional -res against frozen enemies. How are we freezing? Freezes that don't hit a minimum duration threshold are discarded, and our specters don't hit that threshold. Anything they could freeze had so little HP that the pen never mattered in the first place.

The other reason I'm a little hesitant to use it is because the rest of the damage has a "against chilled enemies" conditional. The first hit against anything outside of our Skitterbots radius will not be against a chilled enemy, so Hypothermia is effectively a dead support gem against a good amount of the screen until the second hit lands. This isn't a problem for bossing, but for map clear that makes it super inefficient. Why not just Damage on Full Life?
"
Nexi wrote:
I'm curious about Divergent Hypothermia and its conditional -res against frozen enemies. How are we freezing? Freezes that don't hit a minimum duration threshold are discarded, and our specters don't hit that threshold. Anything they could freeze had so little HP that the pen never mattered in the first place.

The other reason I'm a little hesitant to use it is because the rest of the damage has a "against chilled enemies" conditional. The first hit against anything outside of our Skitterbots radius will not be against a chilled enemy, so Hypothermia is effectively a dead support gem against a good amount of the screen until the second hit lands. This isn't a problem for bossing, but for map clear that makes it super inefficient. Why not just Damage on Full Life?

We're scaling crit in our build and our Operatives have over 50% chance to crit.
Due to Triad grips they deal 100% cold damage and critical strikes from sources that deal cold damage has a 100% chance to freeze the target.
This will ensure monsters are perma frozen which is what makes Divergent Hypothermia so powerful.
Spoiler
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Freeze
A hit of damage that has a chance to freeze is capable of inflicting freeze. Critical strikes inherently have a 100% chance to freeze. By default, only cold damage is able to inflict freeze.

Since all our minions deal 100% cold damage, all hits from our minion army is effectively freezing everything.

Since our minions deal cold damage their hits automatically chill enemies on hit. It's true that the first hit won't get affect by hypothermia unless they stand in the Skitterbots aura but it doesn't really matter. Each operative is litereally spewing out ~8 projectiles per second, every hit after the initial hit benefits from Hypothermia. Monsters not being chilled is not problem due to both Skitterbots and the frequency/attack speed of our Operatives.
Even if you deal a "freezing" hit (like a crit), you'll only actually freeze if the effective freeze duration is 0.3 seconds or more. If you don't, the freeze is ignored. Because our SO specters deal relatively low damage hundreds of times, every freezing hit will be entirely discarded against bosses.

With good enough gear you might hit the point where you start freezing some map bosses, but by that point the boss is going to die within a few frames regardless. Any time that your specters are dealing 5% of a bosses life per projectile, that boss isn't going to exist much longer. Basically, we don't freeze anything, even most rares are well beyond our freeze threshold.

Additionally, even if you could freeze with your specters, the freeze would constantly be being overwritten by the higher duration freezes our Carrion golems would be inflicting and you'd lose divergent bonus anyway.
Last edited by CloverPuppy on May 18, 2021, 12:37:21 PM
Made some progress, got 2 large cluster jewels and 2 additional medium clusters from selling "Replica Farrul's Fur" that I got from the heist blueprint, that's the biggest drop I got this month. They're not best in terms of additional benefits (couldn't find decent clusters with % to all ele resistances / chance to avoid being stunned), but I will swap them for better ones later.

One thing that's super scary is that my HP dropped from 4.700 all the way down to 4.100. I'm currently using Aul's Uprising with Vaal Grace but without Watcher's Eye jewel, so I noticed two things:

I don't really get much from primordial harmony anymore as I'm just using 4 carrion golems instead of 3+1(carrion + stone golem). So, should I swap 1 harmony with blind+taunt eye jewel + 1 more with watcher's eye?

Also, Deadandlivin, using your Blight/Heist strat in Lira Arthain, do you roll your sextants and what you're looking for? Additional packs?
Last edited by aquarose_ on May 18, 2021, 1:54:48 PM
"
aquarose_ wrote:
Made some progress, got 2 large cluster jewels and 2 additional medium clusters from selling "Replica Farrul's Fur" that I got from the heist blueprint, that's the biggest drop I got this month. They're not best in terms of additional benefits (couldn't find decent clusters with % to all ele resistances / chance to avoid being stunned), but I will swap them for better ones later.

One thing that's super scary is that my HP dropped from 4.700 all the way down to 4.100. I'm currently using Aul's Uprising with Vaal Grace but without Watcher's Eye jewel, so I noticed two things:

I don't really get much from primordial harmony anymore as I'm just using 4 carrion golems instead of 3+1(carrion + stone golem). So, should I swap 1 harmony with blind+taunt eye jewel + 1 more with watcher's eye?

Also, Deadandlivin, using your Blight/Heist strat in Lira Arthain, do you roll your sextants and what you're looking for? Additional packs?

Yeah, don't run Harmonies, they do nothing. Try to get decent Eye Jewels instead.

Running 4100 life sure is scary but should still be manageable. You should be able to squeeze more life into the build with good abyss Jewels, from your items and more levels.

I've added some farming guides in to the guide.
You can read about Lira Arthain there.
It's inside the Intermediate Farming Strategies sections.
Last edited by Deadandlivin on May 18, 2021, 2:50:08 PM
"
Nexi wrote:
Even if you deal a "freezing" hit (like a crit), you'll only actually freeze if the effective freeze duration is 0.3 seconds or more. If you don't, the freeze is ignored. Because our SO specters deal relatively low damage hundreds of times, every freezing hit will be entirely discarded against bosses.

With good enough gear you might hit the point where you start freezing some map bosses, but by that point the boss is going to die within a few frames regardless. Any time that your specters are dealing 5% of a bosses life per projectile, that boss isn't going to exist much longer. Basically, we don't freeze anything, even most rares are well beyond our freeze threshold.

Additionally, even if you could freeze with your specters, the freeze would constantly be being overwritten by the higher duration freezes our Carrion golems would be inflicting and you'd lose divergent bonus anyway.

Carrion Golem hit damage should be enough to freeze most targets though shouldn't it?

I've never put any thought to it.
Everything on my screen is either Dead or Frozen anyway.
You will notice that everything is frozen when you play. This becomes very apparent when playing against things like Porcupines et.c. as those mobs shatter and don't shoot their spikes when we kill them.

Keep in mind that Hypothermia also reads: "Supported skills has 10% chance to freeze targets that are chilled".

This alone allows for SOs to keep everything perma frozen.
Last edited by Deadandlivin on May 18, 2021, 2:26:59 PM
"
Deadandlivin wrote:

Carrion Golems should hit hard enough to freeze everything though shouldn't they?

Yeah, don't run Harmonies, they do nothing. Try to get decent Eye Jewels instead.

Running 4100 life sure is scary but should still be manageable. You should be able to squeeze more life into the build with good abyss Jewels, from your items and more levels.

I've added some farming guides in to the guide.
You can read about Lira Arthain there.
It's inside the Intermediate Farming Strategies sections.

Do I need to get a single taunt+blind eye jewel though or stacking them is efficient too? It seems that it would be pointless as damage jewels provide much more, but maybe I don't know something?
Also, I checked new farming section, but I can't really find anything in terms of specific sextant rolls for this strat, I was asking about this in particular. There are some rogue markers rolls and additional packs that could possibly provide more rogue markers but that's all I got on my mind.

I'm saying thanks again because so far (and it's been a whole month) I'm enjoying this build to its fullest, and I'm not feeling like I did a mistake while choosing this guide and necro build especially.
Last edited by aquarose_ on May 18, 2021, 2:49:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info